Three Traits I Need To Have In A Long Term Boyfriend

I <3 dating around for fun and being with all different kinds of guys. But for the guys I want to have a serious future with? I have to be with someone who I'll actually be happy with. So he needs to:

Be Sane

Three Traits I Need To Have In A Longterm Boyfriend

I can't live with an unstable guy who has mood swings or loses self control. I have people like that in my family and I never want to have to live with it again, let alone be committed.

Have A Stable Income

The economy can be hard for a lot of people, and it hasn't been easy for me either. But for a longterm relationship I don't want to be supporting him.

Be $ Smart Already

I don't want to have to explain all the different laws and consequences of money to him. He should already know how the divorce laws work. And how to manage money and budget. I don't want a naive guy who can be taken advantage of by people.

None of the guys in my age range have any of these traits, or at least not all three. So I haven't had a longterm boyfriend yet ):

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 16

• Weren't you the one that wrote a take about how you are too good for guys that approach you and reject them all?
    lol

• Yep. But I approach guys myself via flirting. I'm willing to date all guys, but some random dude walking up to me is just too dangerous in my opinion. I wasn't talking about random guys that I see all the time... like students, guys I see working @ my fave places, and guys in my neighborhood.

• Really? This seems like common sense to me
    I personally went into more detail in myTake
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a25502-the-prerequisites-to-entering-the-dating-game

• 0|0
  • sounds good to me

I'm sane - thank you meds lol

I'm broke - but i can take you out for a movie

because I'm broke, aka not much money, i save my money lol

in all seriousness good ideas for a long term friends or BFS.

• Most guys fail all three requirements in 2016.

• "He should already know how the divorce laws work."

Are you saying if things go south for you you're going to try and take as much of his assets as possible?

• I'm saying the exact opposite. Why would U think I meant otherwise? Women who steal stuff wouldn't be with a guy who knows how everything works. Probably.

• @Transigence It's crazy. And if he marries the new woman, and then divorces her, he owes her child support for kids that aren't even his.

• What kills me is that almost nobody supports the laws being this way except cluster B women and cultist religious fundamentalists.

• Ha ha, those are good. Im sane. So I would never get married, being money smart means I will never have a joint account with any woman and usually have an account you don't know of and have investments that you have no access to. i will just do the usual spend money on material things and travel with you, which is a great down payment for getting sex (glorified prostitution in a way lol). I want my girl to earn as much as me or more so it balances that power out.

• I agree with U. No reason to call it prostitution though; girls buy their bfs things too fyi

• It is like prostitution. A condition for a women's love is money (like you said). I'm not saying all women are gold diggers, and I accept that a girl will go with a rich cool guy over a poor cool guy. That's just how the game works. A mans financial power (with one or two other things) is what gives him the equivalent of a women's sexual power. But at the end of the day, it's like prostitution; money is a condition for a girl (Generally speaking). Thats why prostitution is such a cool thing: it's almost like the hook up dating game but for men who are shit at it (and both men that are good or not will have to pay somewhere)

• Then again, who wants a long term boyfriend when you can party hard on a Wednesday night, right?

• Right, so let's add this up... You want a smart guy who makes more money than you and understands divorce laws to enter into a long-term relationship with you, while simultaneously not being naive.

"I want to go skydiving with a guy who knows parachutes are important and I insist that he give me the only parachute, but he can't be an idiot."

Is it be surprising that no guy has wanted to go skydiving with you?

• not very high standards. women develop faster than men. You should not be looking for a man in your age range, but at your level of development. Not too high where it seems like you would be a gold digger and he would have too much power in the relationship, and not too low where you are basically his mother.

• Huh? The hell did you wanted to say with this.

• ok so an egotistical traumatized gold digger thats looking for the unicorn billgates brandpitt guru but offers nothing... .

• instead u should see how u can become something dateable cause even if i had all three i wouldn't even notice such a leechy, beta, dark vibe, underdeveloped and immature character... .

• I dunno how old or mature you are. But these are very reasonable requirements for a potential partner. I'd ask you to be less pessimistic but I suppose the current state of society is far enough gone to require some harsh pragmatism.

• So, why do you bring up divorce laws? That makes me wonder if you're one of the people who would take advantage of him

• U know those horror stories where a guy's new wife restricts his contact with his kids, and uses him a lot? Because she's angry the kids get child support $, so she basically controls his whole new life?

If I have 2 explain everything to him, that means other women can too. I don't want to be living in a potential drama. Let alone if I get married and have kids one day.

• The characteristics you mentioned are not that rare. As humble as I can and I'm not trying to brag in anyway but, I definitely meet the first 2. Possibly the 3rd one also because I'm not understanding it correctly. I do know how to manage my money and I live a decent lifestyle and have no debts to anyone. I don't know why divorce laws are mattering to this though...

• I see. That's cool, pretty much what every or most women want in their partner of course.

What Girls Said 1

• What do divorce laws have anything to do with a long term relationship? Maybe we define those two things differently because a long term relationship to me is a forever relationship.