10 Active First Date Ideas

Your typical first date probably most often involves dinner and a movie. This could very possibly be the worst environment for a first date. You go to dinner and through nerves and tension try to get to know each other, but often times conversation can end up feeling more like an interview. Then you sit in a dark theater where you are forced into silence... not the most conducive setting to make a true connection. Why not try something different? Be creative. Be active.

Doing something active on a date allows you to observe each other in a more natural environment. You get a better idea of how the other person reacts to different situations. Conversation tends to be a lot more casual and laid-back when the setting reflects that mood. There is a greater potential for more physical contact, playfulness, laughter and flirtation. You have the opportunity to either show off doing something you are skilled at or learn something new together.

Also, studies show that the release of adrenaline when you are active on a date causes a phenomenon called misattribution arousal. Epinephrine (also called adrenaline) is a hormone that is released when you are active. This causes increased heart and respiratory rate. This heightened state of physical arousal that is actually caused by you being active can subconsciously make you feel a greater attraction to your date as well as your date feeling the same towards you. This initial attraction can make for a greater emotional connection as well.

So, here are some great active first date ideas and you do not have to be a star athlete in order to take part in all of them!

10. Bowling

10 Active First Date Ideas

9. Shooting Pool

8. Hit the Batting Cages

7. Shoot some Hoops

6. Hit the Tennis Court

5. Go-Cart Racing

4. Mini Golf

3. Row Boating

2. Horseback Riding

1. Take a Walk

So, next time you ask someone out on a first date, get creative, be fun and stay active!

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 16

• #10, 9 & 4 are great because she bends over a lot. So even if you screw up on the date at least you got a nice view.

• is she paying for herself?

• Ok I've always heard and not trying to be nasty here but what about sex? doesn't that burn the most calories?

• Probably not the most, no... but this is about first dates, and seeing as it is My Take and I do not have sex on the first date, I left that out.

• I was like the first date really? Only knew her for like 2 hours

• Some women will do that. I'm not one of them, but have nothing against those that choose to do that.

• Go kart racing :D :D :D

• Seems like you really like guys getting handsy from behind!

• Sex probably releases endorphins.

• All excellent ideas but I suggest them for the secondo date. The first date in more of an interview over drinks or dinner.

• I don't like feeling like I am being interviewed. If he can carry a nice conversation without making it feel like that, then so be it. I hate all the typical questions, but then again... perhaps it is because I have been friends first with everyone I have ever dated, so by the time we had our first date, we didn't need it to be so traditional. I think a more active date for a first date would help loosen things up so that for a second date conversation and getting to know each other better would be a little more natural.

• Sure. If "the talk" has already occurred in a more casual setting, then the first date is not the first encounter.

• For me the first date should just be a 1-3 hour conversation over some drinks. If it's going well getting to 3 hours is easy. I don't see the first date as a date, it's more just getting to know them and seeing what they are like. If you can see yourself spending more time with that person, I'd go date number two with something in this list :)

• The one that looks the most romantic is row boating because how else can we be alone than those other nine? I can't think of any better way than to be alone with my girlfriend than that!

• Another way is going to Six Flags and riding the Ferris Wheel. I can't think of another way to be alone than stuck up in the air, kissing, hugging, and smooching!

• I think the first date should be short and sweet, to determine if you even want to spend another moment with this person or not. If so, THEN you can pull this cool stuff out for future dates. You don't want to go all the way to a ranch to go horseback riding with someone you quickly discover that you hate.

• I suppose you have a point, but short and sweet doesn't have to be boring.

• I still think that it's better spent focused on conversation than with a distraction you can retreat to any time.

• I see no video games in here anywhere. BOOOOOOOOO

• Really great mytake!

1. For bowling, how do you flirtily and smoothly do the whole show your date how to bowl? What exactly is the move and where to touch?
    2. If you are bowling in a group of friends, and one female friend is the object of your desire and she asks, how to touch and flirt?
    3. What else can you do in a city that can be coupled with a meal?
    4. How to be intimate in terms of a date after a group meet earlier in the day?

• Thank you for reading. I will get back to your questions a bit later. I'm about to head out!

• Ok but how would you greet her after a long time and use the words you suggest?

And how do you touch her hand or arm naturally?

• I'm not going to write a dialogue for you. Sorry. I think I have been more than patient and helpful answering your questions.

• Why is the black couple playing basketball? RACIST!!

(jk)

• Haha! It's actually the only good pic of a couple playing basketball I could find that was not watermarked.

• Why is the man in the golf couple touching his crotch in her ass? MYSOGENISTIC POST!! DELETE!! IM TOTALY IN FAVOR OF FREEDOM OF SPEECH GUYS!!

• LOL! You guys are funny.

• Okay. Other than bowling and pool, there isn't any other activities for those that live in the very cold climates during the winter. Any other suggestions?

• Ice fishing
      Skiing
      Taking a walk

• You don't have to get drunk. They just do tastings... they're not giving enough free wine/beer to get intoxicated. ;)

• Lots of these sound fun.

• I almost exclusively go on walks lol

its free and a good way to just talk.

What Girls Said 10

• Nice Mytake! I think those are very lovely date ideas (*^_^*) I guess my favourite would be.. ALL OF THEM lol

• I absolutely love the idea of the last 3 :D

• Back in college I was invited to an ice rink with a girl I liked and some of her friends. I did not know how to ice skate and I did not pick it up very quickly but I wanted to try and impress her somehow. Well I hugged the wall the whole time and made a fool of myself. The highlight was when I saw a flash of light as I fell in front of a group of people. Turns out I had fallen right at the moment someone took a picture so my failure was immortalized forever. She took me back to my apartment and ended the relationship before it began.

_________________________________________________
    thecheesyanimation. com/Exterior-Design-&-Rendering. html

• Just make sure you don't take a competitive date to most of these

• A little competition doesn't hurt, but yeah... I can see how someone who is super competitive would make for a bad date.

• Me. Right There. I've been on all these dates they're awesome loved every second. Just learned boys don't like to lose when they don't let you. :)

• Ooh I'd be down for all of those!
    What about laser tag/paint balling though?
    www.hellas.gtorg.gatech.edu/Images/aser%20tag.jpg
    Maybe a little soccer match?

• Car racing 💙 Bowling 💙 Boating 💙 Horseback 💙
    Great Take 💙

• Oh yes good suggestions! Also Fairs, Comedy Club... I am a big fan of doing something interactive. especially on a first date :)

• I love horseback riding 😍 I would absolutely die if my boyfriend asked me to ride horses with him

• Ah perfect!
    All of them are on my "bucket list" .. well aside from walking and basketball.

• What about hiking/mountain climbing? :D