Do You Think Beauty And Androgyny Are Tied Together?

So, one thing I don't enjoy about myTakes is that they ultimatly have to be pretty preachy. By nature, you're a bit narcissistic to write some personal idea you had and think it's important enough for everyone to have. So one thing i might start trying to do is fusing the ask and take into one where i'm telling you how i see something and inviting you to chime in either with agreement or different opinions....

Do you think beauty and androgyny are tied together?

Beauty:

A combination of qualities, such as shape, color, or form, that pleases the aesthetic senses, especially the sight

Androgyny:

The combination of masculine and feminine characteristics.

Examples:

^^Seen as a perfect ten of physical beauty. Way higher than any average guy ever considers possible to date. If he did date would cause so many insecurities between him doubting that she could desire him and the hoards of rich and famous men who would be trying to steal her from him constantly. Small breats and ass, pencil like body almost like a male child...

^^Seen as someone you'd love to f*** possibly more than any other woman you'd ever want to f**** besides her. You'd probably cheat on any woman with her and you can imagine that if you dated her you'd have nonstop sex. Yet, the average parents might disapprove of her or find her shady. Average friends might find hers shady then try to hit on her. She can be seperated from sex and even the sight of her in a turtleneck conjures the thought. Yet, the average guy might fear through marrying her or dating her seriously that he will became a joke and be seen as marrying only so he can screw ad infinutum as where girl 1 is just seen as having a gorgeous wife. Huge breasts and ass--nothing masculine about her at all.

^^^

Considered among the best looking guys for his age. The average girl would love to show him off to everyone in pictures and at parties. They would probably put up bad behavior out of this guy. Her parents would probably be very happy she dated him. She would probably feel insecure that he is prettier than she is and that he is vain and/or does not truly care about her the way another guy would. He is beautiful in the face like a woman.

^^^^

A guy most women would fantasize about once the sex with their husband has become dull. There is very little feminine about him and that includes being all that pretty to look at next to some other men. While he exudes dominance and alphaness, he would be not be ranked as the most beautiful male around and certainly not someone her parents would want her dating. He has almost no feminine features.

So, the question is: why is the mix of feminine and masculine traits always present in the most "beautiful" people and why is full beauty "androgyny" and full sexiness "pure masculinity/femininity" not the same thing in many cases?

pavlove is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 8

• Androgyny can be beautiful but when it comes to sexual attraction, I prefer masculine men.

• do you find them more beautiful to look at or just more sexually attractive?

• Don't wanna. I will say whatever I want and I don't care if you disagree with me.

You don't even comprehend what androgyny means. And like someone else said below, you suck ass at writing takes.

• lol just stop you're embarrassing yourself.

• "He is beautiful in the face like a woman" lmao and im dead xD

• Question is, would you cheat on beautiful wifey material like girl 1 for hot porn star type girl 2?

• I don't get the distinction, they both look like "hot model type" or whatever to me.

• I love this.

• I guess bc of the symmetry that attracts people. Androgyny gives like a pleasing balance of the face and body which a lot of people generally find appealing.

• but then the guys you consider beautiful are probably not the ones you want to have sex with over the mans man... would you say this is generally true?

• No I don't always want the more manly looking guy.

• I think so. Alteast to an extent. Like you see men who are with women who have a masculine face or even body shapes that are masculine like introverted triangle shapes or women with no hips , waist but they are attracted to her behind. Or women like men who have lanky small bodies and are pretty. It depends on the women and man really. But Marilyn Monroe and other beauty Icons have never been androgynous or male icons.

• interesting how women still flock to marilyn monroe as where for men i feel she's either mostly forgotten or just not that big of a deal. i know many guys who are confused why girls make such a big deal about her.

• Because of the way she carried herself. But then again, i was told before i had even seen her that she was the epitomy of beauty. Maybe we are just conditioned.

• Androgynous people may seem more balanced and more appealing because they are complete rather than extreme.

• The opinions you hold about these people are merely your own, how do you know that it translates into reality?

What Guys Said 6

• I think that androgyny is responsible for the downfall of beauty in the West and has singlehandedly destroyed true femininity. Sorry, but living in the liberal capital of NorCal, I no longer feel attracted to the modern generation of girls--at least those around me. The whole butch lesbian look, characterized by short hair, hipster glasses, lack of makeup, and/or flannel does not attract me at all and is about as ugly as they come. This is what I think of when I hear the term "androgyny," and it is precisely why I do not believe that there is any beauty in it. Give me traditional femininity any day.

• I don't understand why none of the images you posted show androgynous looking people...

• Just reading... interesting

• No, I don't think that. Masculine facial features on a female aren't attractive, for me.

• I don't think those two you posted look androgynous. I also don't find androgyny to be beautiful.

• Definitely not - androgyny (to me, at least) is the opposite of what's hot!!