4 Reasons Why I Don't Need A Girlfriend

I'm at peace with myself.

The good, the bad and more often than not the Silly sides to me all work in tandem. I still have my off days but being single allows me to calm down at my own pace without hurting any loved ones.

My Time Is My Own.

So often in life we get pulled in too many directions at once. School, Work, Bills, Family and Significant Others can all increase our stress levels and force us to choose between dealing with them or getting some much needed alone time. I usually enjoy my alone time the most when I can color on my own, eat junk food unashamed or just strut around naked if I so choose.

Women Aren't As Tempting Any More.

A strange thing happened to me on the way to turning 32 years old, I suddenly saw Women differently. It used to be that all I saw in them was Sex. A relationship with them just increased the odds of having it more often. Yet now I see the beauty in all of them. Not a sexual beauty but the natural inherent beauty they all display.

The easiest way to explain it would be to picture yourself walking through the same forest day after day. You enjoy the sights and sounds but you only experience it as one big beautiful forest. Then one day a small glimmer of light shines through the canopy, as if to highlight one tree. You stop, you see how the roots hug the grass and the dirt. You see the cracks and ridges in the bark. How the branches contort to reach the light, how the Tree itself sways with the breeze and how the unique patterns in the leaves soak up the morning dew. Then you start to notice all the Trees and wonder why you wanted to uproot them at all. Being single allows me to linger at that beauty while mentally hugging each and every new Tree I see.

And Lastly... I've Had My Time.

I got to Love and be Loved by the Greatest Woman I've ever known! Our time together on this Earth was short but she showed me that "Love" isn't just an empty four letter word. To pit another woman against her memory is just absurd to me. But Love IS out there and it's real just waiting for you to get ready. And the best way to do that is to Find Yourself. Find your True self first, be happy with that person in the mirror. Once you do that Love will hit you like waves hit the shore.

pervertedjester is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit
Sponsored

What Girls Said 18

• AWW! That was so perfect and the imagery amazing! lol You know I enjoy my alone time so damn much. No-one tells me I am fat or I can't buy this. I guess thats why I spend to much money on make-up. I just love it!! I glad you felt love once. I believe the person who has loved me the most and has been there for me is Apple! (: Cheers!

• What the hell? I made this topic "Any other men have ZERO desire to date, marry or have sex with real women?" and you ladies shit on me for it.

TC makes a topic and you all kiss his ass.

• @Aeon_Flux_21 it's not what you say, it's how you say it.

TC conveyed the singular life a lot better than you.

• @orphan He sounded feminine.

• Love the myTake! Same way how I feel and always felt. Just be happy. And when you find somebody who is worthy of it, you can share that same happiness. As long as you did #1: Be at peace with yourself. Its very rewarding.

• Great take. But I still don't believe that there's anyone out there for me. I think I'm. meant to be single.

• Awww don't say that.. Lol because i think the same way as you hahahaha

• I tried it I had some conversations with some girls that didn't sound remotely interested and I got confused by a load of conflicting advice about what to do with my profile?
      So you got further with it than i did at least ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• @sedrftvgyhujik I have acted on crushes as well but, found out that they were already spoken for, before I made the first move. Didn't stop them from flirting with me in the beginning.

• I invented the word, "smufficate." And I agree with you 100%. I am 25 I date a lot but I have never had a boyfriend. Because once your boyfriend you will be
    "smufficated." The boyfriend will tend to smother you while at the same time suffocate you. In essence he will begin to smufficate your total existence.
    "Let's do lunch every Friday, Tuesdays to because I am free. Where this promise ring because your mind, yes every Friday I want to have lunch. And of course will go out every Saturday with each other because where like going steady. You didn't know we were going steady? Well that's what the promise ring is for. I want you to meet my parents. Very excited to meet you. How come you didn't text me back? I don't care if you are on the toilet. Are you free on Thursdays we could do lunch then too. Could you cook dinner for me on Wednesdays. My bowling team meets then I promised that you could serve us all dinner. Nothing fancy. You know the "Château de l'escargot" with the wine sauce. If you use the crockpot will only take four hours to make. With some spaghetti on the side. I'd love to meet your parents." Before you know it you want to jump out a window. My answer to the guy would be, "you know Billy, I'd really like to fuck your best friend. Before I make dinner for the 15 guys on your bowling team can I fuck him?"

• Very poetic♡ Some of us enjoy reflections and solitude and it sounds like you match that description :)

• I mean you're take like... ok... but you should got better title... really don't get that subjects like 'reasons why I don't need girl/love' - like, great for you, then don't

• This was such a nice take! :)

• Nice my take k

• I like this. Beautiful. You also made it through without insulting women what so ever. I love it. You seem incredibly respectful. I'm sorry you had to lose such an important person. I'm glad you've found peace.

• Yeah I've noticed a lot of guys go that route in their takes but, I don't feel the need to do that. Maybe because I found my peace, maybe age or a mix of them both. Still I don't think any of my takes trash women. Even when I listed some annoying traits it was largely humorous without attacking women.

• I don't think I've read your other takes but I believe you. A lot of guys blame their lack of success on women without considering that it could be their fault at all. Major points for someone who can just make it through without blaming or insulting someone else.

• Good Take! They are the exactly the same reasons why I don't need a boyfriend.

• You don't need one but sometimes we use that as A cover up for something we want or wanted in the past... you don't need anyone but wants are important too and they're important to recognize

• Good take!

• I really enjoyed this :) Great Take!

• Nice

• Yeah dude just get a girl bff instead

• It's sad that you had one great love and now you don't want to have another b/c you don't think anyone else can live up to your 'Greatest Woman'. Love doesn't work that way. We are able to love many people in our lifetime and you, dear man, are denying yourself for the sake of a memory. Memories are great... but they can't love you, can't hold you, can't keep you company, etc. They're JUST memories.

• Sometimes its the memory we only have. People these days, including "woman" don't know what love is. Sometimes its better off being single. Because we all can love ourselves. People to hold, and keep you company doesn't have to be the opposite sex, or have anything to do with having to be in a relatiinship.

• @ChrissyJ Fuck that shit, ain't gonna run after girls/women, ain't got time for that shit,. If I end up being single forever, let it be, I don't really care anymore.

#MGTOW
      #SingleForever

• ahahah sad.

• It is really sad... the lack of trust in peoole, is why I agree with his statement...

• how is his response to a crappy society of both men and women sad? It would be more sad for you to be out in the dating world.

• What is up with all these mytakes about why people want or don't want to be on a relationship?

What Guys Said 23

• This is a nice take, and even though I'm married, I can still very much relate to this point of view. The irony isn't lost on me that by presenting this take, while I can't guarantee you anything, I suspect your marketability just went up a bit because of this take. Ladies like a guy who is honest and vulnerable at the same time, I feel like you have struck this balance with this take. :-)

• I would like to add ONE MORE Item to the list when choosing to be Single long term or chronically. I think you'd have much more control over your finances and thus it makes things that much easier to make retirement plans and save up for retirement years, well more or less anyway.

Unless you were like a Dual Income No Kids type of couple that are on the same page and have the know-how and strategic and know how to properly plan and save for retirement years. It's vital and more important than most people think. If you were in your late 50s, 60s or even 70s, and then all of a sudden become flat broke and homeless then that's going to be a real nightmare and you'd go through some really tough times. Esepcially if you are going to be more or less or even completely and entirely all on your own WITHOUT a Wife and WITHOUT ANY kids.

But if you are one of those people that have the mentality of not wanting to think too much about it, such as you rather "live for the moment" instead of worrying about the future or what the future holds or what will happen tomorrow, or think about whether you'll make it to your retirement years or still be alive by then, I can also respect that. Each to their own. There's risks in everything regardless.

• Glad you wrote this, cause many on this site seem bitter in their singleness. So many, in fact, that it can make you question yourself if you happen to feel differently. Then you start thinking, "What business do I have being happy while single? Perhaps I should be miserable like all these other people!" More single people should own their singleness. Yes, being single has its disadvantages. But so does being in a relationship. You don't automatically win or lose either way. Still better to be happy and alone than married and miserable.

• Sure I could live without one, but why would I want to? What is life without someone to share it with? Without someone to love, and someone who loves you? Many people I'm sure can be happy with single life. But I can't. Not while my dream lies unfulfilled...

• I want to have star ship and i want to teleport my self from one point o other but reality is one and dream is another... Lots of people just act and like how they are happy in relationship all is fake and acting and at thous rare moment when you hear them open their heart you hear something different. People that find good relationship or marriage are rare. From one side cos guys dont know how ot deal with women and from other side cos most girls are really horrible persons. Yes there are girls that are good but it is easier to his jackpot then to find one.

• Lol what every you say wizard love thous fairy tales. And ok there will be star ships and teleportation probably but am not going to see it and no dreaming or ignoring reality will change that. I wish you to be lucky to be in thous few that actually find real thing and not just act like they have perfect relationship but you can also start to play loto or bingo or what ever...

• Well what you call "fairy tales", I call "love". Good luck to you too sir 😊

• Being at peace with yourself and having time for yourself is the most rewarding thing people fail to understand. I love being single and have no intention of trying to find a girlfriend. I'm not a MGTOW guy but I value freedom and my platonic friendships.

• I know everything about my self how i feel what i want evrything I want to help people find themselves it's easier than they think, and I know i'm tired of waiting but i also know that a good friendship is just as good as a relationship people simply need to open up, I know a lot more things but in response to this topic these In my opinion are the best retort

• No one technically "needs" a girlfriend, but I can tell you life is much better with one. I had one and now I don't, I would go back to having one in an instant. Its a great feeling having someone who wants to be affectionate with you, wants to be with you and cares for you. Now that I don't have that it confirmed to me that I want that special someone in my life. I realize this is your personal take, but personally I feel life is much better when you have someone there to do it with you.

• good, im pretty much arrinvg to that point myself. i guess i will pay for sex when i will hit my 30s, i got no problem saying this. Too much bs and too much drama made my heart cold and jaded so fuck it all

• Yay! Lesser competition.

• yes i understand that concept
    there pretty but not like when you where young
    you see them differently now

when before they where super duper amazing in your eyes

• Nice take!!!

• Yolo take👌🏻

• Great take man

• There is truth at what you said after 32. You do start to look at them differently and see their true beauty thous silly moments and small things... But that is if your not that much in their company if you spend too much time you start to see some other things that are ugly as hell their bad temper, their bad habits (not thous small funny things but big ones), their selfishness, self-centeredness, narcissistic and spoiled side... Every one of them disrespect guys they are with or worse. They are dishonest, trash talk about people that are not there, they are back stubbing, they often hate each other...
    Why would anyone what something like that in his life?

• It is seriously like you read my mind and wrote this, exactly my thoughts!

• Yeah but girls don't like guys who need a girlfriend.

That's like the major reason they get turned off.

I don't need a girlfriend. I want a girlfriend if she's worthy.

• They also don't want a guy who isn't interested in EVER committing. Keep your heart and mind open to the possibility that someone wonderful can come along or you may be cheating yourself out of happiness.

• @drakeondegrassi I would still say needy is the word.

I would think he didn't need you, but appreciated the fact that you were there. The same for you in your situation. The appreciation grew the love and the "want". But clingy and obsessive is also equally bad too.

• Yeah, I'd agree with that. We both would have survived but the other person made our life happier and easier. Well said!

• WIFE OR LOVER ITS GREAT FRIENDSHIP WITH RELATIONSHIP...

• You're only saying that because you can't get any. Not because you consciously don't want one. Nice try though.

• I really like this message. I'm in my 20s and trying not to rush into anything.

• I'm not interested in a girlfriend for two reasons. I can get everything I want without one and no benefit in committing to a girl.

• More from Guys
    3