How My Bf's Best Friend Broke Us Up!

How My Bf's Best Friend Broke Us Up!

He talked badly about me to my boyfriend, until we broke up. Only to try and sleep with me after...

I was dating my college sweetheart, Thomas. We were together for a year and I was loving his thoughtfulness, and funny immature humor. Things were going well, and I enjoyed what we had going. It was our 1 year anniversary, so Thomas bought me a plane ticket to visit his home town. I was super excited to meet his family as well as his best friends.

When we arrived, his parents were super warm and just as I had imagined. Afterwards, we wandered off to visit his best friend Paul. Paul seemed like a good guy, and had an odd sense of humor, but it was Thomas' best buddy, so I tried my best to make an impression. The three of us spent the week together, going out, playing cards against humanity, and just having tons of fun. I actually really enjoyed spending time with Paul.

A week after Thomas and I got back to our place, I saw Thomas left his Facebook messenger open on his lap top. I saw a message from Paul, "yeah I know what you mean, but honestly she just seems young and not for you". That was the first sign that something was up but I let it go.

The following week, Thomas and I were watching a movie, when he got a text message on his cell. He asked me to hand him his phone, so I did. After a few message exchanges, he put his phone away. That evening, I was super curious- so I did the inevitable and peeked. The messages were from Paul. They were talking about a cool car, and then Paul mentioned "if you can get the ol' ball and chain to let you get away for the weekend". This seemingly agitated me, but again I didn't want to stir anything up.

Finally, the last straw was when a month later Thomas and I got into an argument. He was complaining that I wasn't affectionate and that "everyone" could see that I was too young and immature. This enraged me... I blurted out "who is everyone? You mean Paul?"... Thomas was shocked and said, "well, yeah". I was super angry at this point, and replied with "good then listen to him, we are done and I'm moving out". Thomas was silent, as I grabbed my jacket and went to sleep at my parents' place.

After 3 days went by, and Thomas didn't call- I was extremely sad and disappointed. But what shocked me the most is that, Paul sent me a message on Facebook asking me to meet him for coffee to talk, as he was in town. I agreed and went to meet him at Starbucks.

When I arrived Paul looked concerned, and started telling me that Thomas needs space, and that we didn't seem compatible anyways. I thought Paul was genuine, until the conversation went to a different place. "You're super hot, and Thomas knows you're too good for him", "My hotel is around the corner, do you wanna come in?"- Paul was firing away... I was confused and didn't know what to say, and then it finally came to me. "I'm not good enough for Thomas but good enough for you?" I smirked. He smiled and replied with "I always thought you were good looking, we could have some fun". My heart sank, and I excused myself and walked away.

Thomas tried to get back together with me for the next month, but I declined. I don't need someone who can be so easily influenced by someone else. He obviously didn't love me. As for Paul, yeah he sent me a few texts and tried to get together and hook up... No surprise that I didn't reply- and Thomas and Paul are no longer friends, as I found out through a mutual friend.

Sometimes you have to question your friends and their intentions when they talk badly about your partner and later try to get with them.

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 11

• When Paul first saw you... He thinks that you are perfect for him. Not Thomas.
    Paul was unfair to Thomas... He was saying bad things about you and Paul was hoping that Thomas to dump you so, Paul can have you... THAT IS NOT FAIR! NOT FAIR!

I have seen lot of men did that... Ladies did stole their boyfriend or spouse too.

I would suggest for you to dump Paul since, he sabotaged your relationship with Thomas on purpose.

• On a similiar note, I do know a lot of girls that prevent their friends from getting in relationships with guys because they don't wanna lose friend time

• 0|0
  • Good girl.
    You walked away from that douche.
    I swear, some people man...

• So in the end, everyone lost something, your boyfriend (or ex boyfriend) losing out the most. You lost a boyfriend, Paul lost a mate. Thomas lost a mate and you.

Moral seems like "pick your friends wisely"

• Wow finally a girl on here who has some pride and self respect.

• Yeah I can understand what you must have gone through simply because my crush's best friend did something similar and I was gutted when I found out about her plan. Bad memories back again.

• What an asshole :o!!

• Nice story.

• Looks like a brazzers thumbnail

• Usually it's "my friends" who talk shit about me to the girl I'm seeing to get them to go off me. They soon find out I'm only nice because I like to be, not because I need to.

The thing with friendship I find is that it only goes so far as one of the parties needs it to go. As soon as one decides they don't really need the other and usually a girl seems to be a good motivator for that decision to come about. Reasons why i prefer being friends with women.

What Girls Said 7

• off topic, but all I can imagine with that image at the beginning is "those would make a cool triad/V-type polyamorous relationship!"

• Paul is an asshole, Thomas is a pushover. You made the right choice.

• You made the right choice by rejecting both of them when they asked for second chances. Good for you, girl.

• i liked it

• This guy is a jerk!

• Ah, glad you understood Paul's intentions, and Thomas couldn't have done that, but he doesn't deserve you. Whatever you did was correct.

• I got a lesson from it! Thank you for sharing.

• Nice creative writing