Inside the Secret Dating App for Famous People, "RAYA"

Inside the Secret Dating App for Famous People,

That is Trevor Noah on the secretive hard to join dating app called Raya. What did famous people do before Raya? Maybe they just jumped on Tinder and swiped left or right? Some have tried and most did it for fun. Hillary Duff, Britney Spears, and Rhonda Rousey are just a few who have Tindered their way to little (or no) avail. Obviously being a celebrity you are not going to find a serious match anywhere. Unless of course you are on :

INTRODUCING RAYA....“an exclusive dating and networking platform for people in creative industries.” Also known as the “Illuminati Tinder.” You really have to be somebody to even participate on this app. Members are admitted by a secretive, anonymous committee, based in part on their Instagram presence. The result is something like one of those unmarked nightclubs, except it’s in your phone, and peppered with all types of creatives from vloggers, youtubers, models, actors, comedians, etc.

Whitney Cummings admitted recently on THE JOE ROGAN EXPERIENCE PODCAST that she uses the app and that it was difficult to join. There is one other app called " The League" which is a dating app that celebrities will also gravitate towards just so they can keep somewhat private. So how private are these apps? I would imagine they do a good job for the mere fact so many celebrities are using it. So could the common dude or dudette get a profile on Raya?

I would say probably not but I am definitely going to try. I have 450 followers strong on Instagram which I know they will laugh at I know I know...i am screwed. BUT.. if they could get to my 27k follower twitter account then maybe I would have a chance LOL. We will see and I will keep you all posted if I magically get accepted! Maybe they will like this MyTake so if for any reason then helping me .. give me a huge thumbs up for the cause ! Thanks for reading this MyTake and show some love in the comment section? Do you want a profile on Raya? YES OR NO and WHY?

85
coachTanthony is a GirlsAskGuys Influencer
Who are Influencers?

Most Helpful Girl

• That's pretty interesting! Let us know how it goes.

But it makes sense, celebrities have to be careful who they let in their circle for many reasons. And it would make sense they would want to date someone who is more high profile and would understand that lifestyle.

Because it's not like you can just walk into a wal-mart any old day and not get hounded if you are truly high profile. It takes a special type of person to understand that lifestyle and be able to go with it.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 7

• I have no need for any dating app but for celebs it makes sense to date someone that needs privacy and who also understands the pitfalls of fame. You asked what celebs did before RAYA, I think they just all dated John Mayer.

• Another useless app for bored people

• that's interesting. i'd only want to join if they had it in japan because i'm not interested in American celebrities.

• Why would a celebrity need a dating app? If you're a celeb I image there's more than enough ways to meet someone -i. e. on set, colleagues, at parties, awards ceremonies, etc.

• Well if there are more then enough ways.. name a few? I would imagine it's very difficult for celebs to meet people without knowing if the other person has an agenda or not.

• I guess an actor wouldn't otherwise be able to date a tennis star unless they knew they were single. This app provides that information. On set parties award ceremonies is really limited way to meet people outside their industry unless they fall for a caterer lol

• They don't and it's not for celebs. Basically the company is just promoting it using celebs just like ashley madison. Thing is it's just a money scam.

• A friend of mine has an account there.

• interesting mytake

• I hate to tell you this but your chances aren't great. I've read that they've turned down more 'famous' people. But if you do get accepted, I would love to read about your experience

• Oh believe me I know... I am going to submit this take to them through the journalistic channels so a thumbs up would definitely help my cause... I want to know whats inside!

What Guys Said 5

• ... It nots for celebs.
    It's just the company PROMOTED using celebs just like Ashley Madison. AM actually is just a scam site. It's impossible to meet people because there are fake accounts and call center guys just continue to talk and drain people out of money through ashley madison.

This is JUST another BS thing that they are saying all of the celebs use. Now we are going to hear about it all over the news and famous people will talk about it. then the rest of the world will waste their money on it.

• It's not for celebs? OMG you may have just broken this wide open.. please PM me with all the corresponding evidence you have... I am so sorry.. I will try and get this taken down immediately... I had no idea. LMAO... get out of here!

• Then stop talking about it ! LOL

• Yes sir right away sir. LOL

• Mystery solved coach. Now I understand why girls on tinder link instagram and add followers. They just want to date YouTubers or celebs. I am talking about India by the way.

• Yeah this is happening in india. Girls use tinder to get followers on instagram. Now since you mentioned about this app, when the girls would get over 10k followers, the are eligible for thesex kinds of apps.

• Did you happen to hear of this from last weeks episode of Billions?

• Haven't seen season 2 yet I'm waiting to binge but kind of cool they mentioned it.

• As another user stated earlier this is blatant advertising and is against the site's user agreement. I'm going to have to report you, please cease and desist.

• so will a nobody get a date with a celeb?