How to flirt with a guy over text

So you have been texting a guy that you like and you want him to know that you like him, but you don't want to be overly obvious?

Well, here is how!

1) DON'T text him all of the time. It may seem like it will have the opposite effect, but it really won't. If you text him too much he will get really annoyed and you wont stand a chance. So text him once a day at the most and only about 4 or 5 days a week - then you won't come across as needy.

2) Have things to talk about. Before texting him, it is a good idea to have topics in mind so the conversation doesn't go dry. So talk about school, or what you did over the weekend, and random things (like a food that you recently ate but didn't like).

3) Keep the conversation light. Yeah, it is good to have an intellectual debate every now and again, but not all the time. The lighter the conversation, the more natural it will feel. It also creates more opportunities for being flirty.

4) Be positive. This applies to every situation, not just texting. Don't go on about annoying parents or whatever, because he will run a mile.

"It's a good idea to have topics already in mind, so the conversation doesn't go dry"

5) Use emoticons. They are a great way to express emotion, lighten the mood, and show when you are being flirtatious. If you want to come across as being flirty use ;-) a lot.

6) Slip in compliments. But make sure that they aren't too direct. For example, if you have been watching American idol and you know that he is into music, say 'I bet you can easily do way better, your voice is so nice to listen to ;-)'

7) Be yourself. It is the most important one. Don't try and be someone who you are not. Text things that you will actually say in person.

Good luck texting!

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Guys Said 3

• Good article - I highly recommend that women RARELY use 6.. Reason being is that if a woman were to compliment me all the time, it actually pushes me away (unless we're already dating long term anyways).. Typically speaking, keep the compliments to a minimum until you have something that sparks a "ahah!" moment in your own mind and heart.. look for.. something he's put effort into, the more effort - the better he will take the compliment. Cause we all like being rewarded for hard work.

• Aaaaaaa, games!

I hate games but I love playing them with a girl I'm crazy about. :)

• very nice, congratulations. You should also add not to play hard to get and being too needy and clingy asking questions as well.

What Girls Said 6

• Good advice, really helpful. Girls don't realize that guys don't like when you try too hard. A guy should you like for yourself not someone who you pretend to be

• thanks for the tips ;)

• Ah! this is super helpful! Now I just gotta have the number in the first place...

• Thanks so much! I totally text guys a lot and I realize I should try to play a little hard to get, ex: not texting them back so fast and not so often. (:

• That was way helpful.

• Good article!I'll try it.