Broes Over Hoes: 7 Reasons To Never Drop Your Friends For Whoever You're Dating!

Girlfriends and boyfriends come and go, but your friends always have your back! Check out 7 reasons why you should never ditch your friends for Miss Right Now/Mr. Right Now.

1. There will always be a time when you need your friends!

Photo Source: deviantart.com

2. You don't have to impress your friends, you can be yourself!

Photo Source: huffingtonpost.com

3. You never fight with your friends like you do with whoever you're dating!

Photo Source: sports.gunaxin.com

4. Your friends always have your back, they don't forget anniversaries or stand you up.

Photo Source: someecards.com

5. Your friends always understand you and don't judge you no matter what you do.

Photo Source: buzzfeed.com

6. You always know who your friends are, but you're never sure if who you're dating is "the one."

Photo Source: asterfire.com

7. If your significant other is your best friend, CONGRATULATIONS, you've won the lottery!

Photo Source: buzzfeed.com

Join the discussion

0/2500

Submit

What Girls Said 19

• Agree!
    I always put my friends first.
    Always.

• i don't like the phrase, "bros before hoes", i have to agree with sheldon

• I don't know about bro friendship, but with girl friendships, you can't always rely on your girlfriends either. Your girl friends also come and go. I've given up faith that there's a friendship that lasts for life. That's a very rare gem to find.

I liked this post only because of Ross and Rachel! "you were... over me? when were you... UNDER me?"

• Uhh, why do you have to choose one over another? You can be with your friends and your girlfriends and still love both. Your friends got your back, so could your girlfriend. Guys I know who are good in relationship manage to make time and look out for both their girlfriend AND their friends.

• You know what? The title of this article is offensive. This assumes you are taking the standpoint of a serial user.

But I want to remind you Mr. that you yourself have climbed out of the womb of a WOMAN. Yes your mother. How would you feel about it if men started treating your mother like a hoe? It wouldn't bother you would it?

And watch out; you might not be aware of it, but your very friends might be the ones mistaking your mother for a hoe walking down the street, if she is attractive enough...

• It's a saying don't take it to heart. Similar to "Chicks before dicks."

• Sure first impressions are important, but you should also not make assumptions. Your interpretation of the article could easily have been "Don't abandon your friends for a significant other, maintain balance between your relationship and friendship."

• Lol, for real?

• Love this! So true!

• Lol me and my BFF are together and have a son so I don't know how the bro code would work lol

• I like this take a lot

• remember ladies
    kicks b4 licks

• I totally agree with everything above :)

• If nr. 7 doesn't apply to your relationship, you're doing it wrong.

• This entire unnecessarily long Take could all just be summed up in one sentences:

Don't drop your friends for your S/O because that's a dick move.

There. Was that so hard?

• Some people need more than one sentence to understand the concept, but glad you could sum it up.

• Honestly, if a guy is supposed to drop his girlfriend for his friends all the time then my questions is, What's the point of even dating or even being in a relationship? I've been with that kind of guy and he was a massive asshole.

A relationship takes effort. It's true you're life shouldn't be consumed by a relationship but no relationship can survive if your bromance takes the front seat to your relationship all the time. Maybe if some of you put in half as much effort into making your romantic relationships as strong as you do your friendships, then maybe, call me crazy, you're girlfriend could become you're best friend. Isn't that the ultimate goal in a partner anyway? Having you're best friend and lover wrapped up in one?

• I agree with this comment 100% so I have to add my thoughts on it, hope you don't mind. It's true, a relationship is actudlly suppise to signify the. Next step in your life of maybe starting a family and friends... Sigh friends hsve their time and place in your life but you shouldn't let your life be consumed by a friendship, nor an intimate relationship. Women can get extreamely mad when guys guy hang out with their friends, just like guys get mad whrn girls go out with their girlfriends. Usually it means their gonna do somethin that revolves around being bad for the night. lol but I've seen friends try to break up relationships and vice versa, friends try to get you to abandon whomever your dating by talking trash on them. My conclusion is, it's all a balance, you have you learn to make time for both relationships, weather they friendly or intimate. Only way one deserves priority over the other is when you have a child to attend to.

• I don't have any kids and I'm single atm but if I did have some than my friendships will be put on hold and my wife and child would take the lead.

• I totally agree with you.

• Wh friend come and go too and often people don't really know their fried very well then Realize the don't even get along or they just drift. Any kind of relationship is transient... Except an actual commitment that you have to actually work on to preserve.

I wouldn't ditch friends for a relationship but friendship doesn't necessarily mean something mire than a romantic relationship so if like me you're the kind of person who wouldn't be with someone unless you held them in very high esteem higher than friendship. I have to give mire if myself to a relationship than a friendship so I better really like him and care about him :p

Anyhow basically life has no guarantees anything can disappear any time but it's just bad form to toss anyone out fir no reason :)

And bros before and chicks before... That's all pretty demeaning and many people have opposite sex friendships soooo kind if useless motto ultimately lol

• Six and seven FTW

• I would take this seriously if there were such things as friends and if your title wasn't broes or bros only

• I would take this 10% more seriously if the word "bros" didn't have an "e" in it in the title. As such, I take it roughly 0% seriously.

• You make a point.

• I have a friend who's completely ditching us and his other friends for his new girlfriend who isn't even that keen on him. Who cancels going out for your friend's birthday, because it's your girlfriend's BROTHER's birthday? He's known me longer than both those people and the date was set before he found out about his girlfriend's brother's birthday but he goes along with whatever she wants as not to annoy her. Now they've both been contacting me saying they can't come out to my other birthday occasion, but it's most likely because they've planned something else together. It's ridiculous. He's making the mistake I did several years ago with an ex and I lost most of my friends.
    Partners are only a bonus, an extension to your life, not your whole life! Don't forget those who were there before your girlfriend came along.

What Guys Said 12

• My friends have always come first especially those I've know for like a decade, of course you should never let your friendship overshadow your relationship but you should also not let the relationship overshadow your friendships. It's a delicate balance between the two.

• Bonus, unless your dating Ronda Rousey, your girl probably can't back you up in a fight.

• I just flip a coin.

• Girlfriends and boyfriends aren't supposed to come and go. If that's what you're expecting, then you probably never expect to settle down and get married.

Most adults I know spend a shitload more time with their partner than their friends... When you're older your friends are less prominent.

• LOL.
    Anything should come before a ho, but if you're talking about your serious partner, there is a reason why the statement was created. It was created because anyone who is dating and falling in love goes through a change that cannot be stopped.
    I mean people all their senses when it hits, and it's a good thing.

• makes sense.

• Why in intimate relationships people are soo judgmental but in frienships people only really care that your honest and trusting? In relationships you have an image to live to and a guideline of a respecable well mannered lady, or a gentlemen who dresses to a certain image and has certain career qualities. The only difference in relationships and frienships is you may sleep or live together and see eachother naked, (wow big deal)😑 I have ugly friends, broke poor friends, dumb uneducated jobless friends, all types of friends. But I wouldn't waste my time to date a girl who is uneducated, or I rately aoend time with girls who seem unattractive. (but then again, that goes both ways, girls don't kick it with ugly guys too much themselves.) with friends I don't have to wear nice attire or do my hair. But with a women I have to smell good and look good and talk as if I'm making a presentation. To me, relationships relate to a job and your mate is your boss! lol {let me explain} you have to tslk with reapect and properly when you approach your boss jus like you do when you approach your mate. I can't call my boss a dumb bitch or I'll get fired and I can't call my mate a dumb bitch or I probably won't be getting sex for a while and she might leave my black ass hahaha.😂 you can't be messy or not do your job but at home with your mate we call it (do your chores, clean, mow the lawn, taking the kids

• (Ran outta writting room) lol taking care of the kids, etc...*☝️ but basically you get what I'm saying, so what's the differences? Friends should be there just like a lover should, The only differences that I would expect my lover to get sexy for me and say or do sweet things for me. In my friends do shit like that I might have to break off the frienship lol.

• GF=girl and friend
    Friends=friends , all are friends basically one big happy bunch of people
    ( unless you talking about street hoes💲)

• Especially if your girlfriend doesn't have a truck and won't help you move shit.

• Well maybe if people put the same effort into their relationships as they do their friendships they would have with their SO what they have with their friends.

• Exactly, I totally agree. Or else, why even bother to be in a relationship?

• I can't agree on this because ice actually been with a girl that mattered to me more than my frienship, I maids it top priority to make she she had a smile in her face. All the time but still played me lol. Sometimes people just aren't compatible but I have had friendships last longer because in relationships, people are soo judgmental of eachothee but it rarely happens in frienships.

• Dude Manny Pacquiao is the shit

• Bromance > Romance ;_;