Would you date a post op transgender woman?

So my friend is trans and she is not post op yet.. however she will be very soon. she thinks that she won't be able to get any guys to like/date her because she was born with a guys body. would you date a post op trans woman?

• Yes of course why not?
  • NO!!!

Most Helpful Guy

• Sorry, I don't date mutilated males, no matter what they claim to be, and no matter what clothes they are wearing. It honestly pisses me off how transgender people say "OH I'm a woman because i ACT LIKE ONE", well aren't you sexist to the core, assuming all you need to do to BE and QUALIFY as a *female* is to act in a "feminine way" according to gender roles, and adhere to "feminine clothing" according to gender expectations, and use a "feminine voice" and have "feminine hairstyle"? Sorry man, your chromosomes define that you're male, even if you chop your parts off that would serve as obvious proof.

My answer is obviously No. As much as I'd like to support liberalism, this is just something I can't accept. Claiming to be something you aren't, according to a BIOLOGICAL DEFINITION, is deceptive, delusional, and overall kind of dumb. So, no. I'm not interested in mutilated abominations.

Also, that was surprisingly harsh. Apparently I'm still resentful against all the people who claim "but if She feels as a Woman, then She is one! Who are you to Judge Her for Her feelings and tell Her how She should feel!" well you know what? Grab a biology book, read what a male and a female is defined as, then come back to me and say that you're a woman by claiming to be one. Prove that your chromosome structure, which defines your biological structure, aka the fact that you have a "male body", is in dissonance with what you ACTUALLY are. Because you are not defined by your genes, but by this random feeling that you don't adhere to gender roles, therefore you probably are not what you "feel" you are. And all that testosterone produced by your scrotum and the AMH that destroyed your vagina was a 'biological error'. Right. Good luck with that.

Short answer: Never.

• If you disagree, then tell me how I'm wrong.

• Look up George Zimmerman vs trayvon martin

• I've got better survival instincts than that.

What Guys Said 24

• Certainly.
    I could date someone who was trans, that'd be just fine.

I do think it depends on how late people transition. Later life transitions tend to be... unconvincing. But assuming they knew they wanted the change, say, in their mid 20s or earlier, they normally blend right in.

My only condition really, would be that we talked about her state prior to intimate contact.
    Particularly if she was pre-op. While nothing would be a dealbreaker, I want to know what exactly she wants or doesn't want from me.

• I won't lie it would depend on how well done surgery was and how far she had taken everything - posture voice training etc. I'd be down for fooling around but unless she'd transformed completely I'd be dubious about dating - I don't date men just fool around as there are certain behaviours I prefer in women.

I know an FtM who hasn't fully tried to be Male and has kept many female traits, it gives it away despite the pre op change being enough to fool people. It's like seeing the wires in a magic show.

• Um...no...

• I'm open-minded but I don't see myself doing that.

• 1|4
    • You know at the end of a the day, a transgender woman is basically man who had his penis/balls cut off and a few other surgeries?

• I know right? I honestly don't get the people who claim that "the way you feel about yourself and the way you behave determines what sex you fit as in society". Like... this is literally as sexist as sexism can get.

• Yeah, it's basically denoting what sex you are to job training. You can't "become" a man or a woman like you can get a training certificate to become a real estate agent, or anymore than I could "become" Ryan Reynolds by changing my name and studying his style/mannerisms.

• Nah might as well get a natural girl.

• No because I'm not gay

• Dating a transgender woman wouldn't make you gay in any way. She would be a woman in terms of gender and she would have a vagina, so you would still be straight.

• I'm a backwards thinking asshole because I don't date men?

• @Opinion Owner- He was being sarcastic. And no, but you are being fairly disrespectful if you deliberately misgender trans people.

@Mesonfielde- False analogy. This isn't about different species, it's about people whose brains and hormones are physically different, causing them to feel that their gender doesn't match their biological sex. You do know that the consensus of the psychological community is that transgender is a valid gender identity? I hardly think you've got any kind of credentials which would in any way validate your opinion when it directly counters the position of the APA and the AMA.

• Nope, i want 100% woman from the day she was born

• No. FUCK NO.

• I have all the love in the world for transgendered people, but I would personally not date one.

• I would respect and not judge a transgender woman , but i can't see myself dating one. Idk, it just doesn't seem something im interesting in doing. There are so many other women in the sea

• Hell fuck no !!!

• I dont think I could.

• nah, i just couldnt. sorry if that makes me intolerant asshole

• Its because she used to be a he?

• No, it doesn't make you an intolerant asshole in my opinion. You can't force yourself to be attracted to someone, it's as simple as that.

• @Mesonfielde- Biological sex and gender are two very different things. And the treatment for gender dysphoria is actually sex reassignment surgery and hormone therapy. You can't pick and choose which parts of psychology to agree with and which parts not to.

• No, because he/she whatever isn't really a female

• Makes sense.

• I have to disagree though.. mentally she is but she was just born with the wrong body parts..

• Hahahahahahahaha. No, "she" was born with the wrong BRAIN STRUCTURE. "Her" body is perfectly fine, properly defined by the XY chromosome pair as it is biologically intended.

• This is a question I could see stirring up a shit storm of argument.lol but ya hell no!!! I like genuine women, nothing else. Trannys are a no go for me, the thought of them sends me running like hell

• if she already healed and done with all her operations and she can feel it going in then yes I would

• nope , call me old fashioned or out of touch or whatever but I want a real women👰

• No sorry, but don't worry there are guys who would. Tons of them.

• No way, now how.

• some off them can be more beautiful then girls from birth

• Thank you lol honestly responses like urs is what I wanted to see to show her and make her feel better but well people have their opinions not very nice ones but opinions none the less..

• I am not really a fan of traditional femininity anyways, personally...

• Can we see a photo off her please.

• No I wouldn't

• No now Reverse the question. Vice versa would you?

• I would like to think so if he was all the way through with everything and had a fully functional penis and was manly enough yes I think I would..

• "fully functional penis" and "FtM transition" is pretty much an oxymoron.

• I'm sorry. I'd want a real woman.

What Girls Said 4

• What would stop me from dating a transgender person would be the capacity of natural reproduction, because he wouldn't be able to supply any sperm. That's that.

If I was a guy, I don't know, I think the same reason would apply as to why I wouldn't date a transgender girl, because in spite of all the changes, you still miss that very important bit. Other than that... I would date a transgender person, it would just get difficult and probably problematic when attempting to take the "next step".

• Wait for the "but you can replace that with adiption and sperm banks, and why would you treat a person differently because of their child creation capabilities - then what about infertile women and men" argument...

• It can get very tangled and complicated when you try to be politically correct. I have no problem about them being part of a plural society, our society. I have even subscribed to trans people's YouTube channels because they're fun and have another vision of life, but I when it comes down to choosing, I choose a male-born partner and that's that. Trans guys don't have to desire me, I don't have to desire them and that's quite final, u kno.

• If I was a guy I wouldn't date "her" , I don't care how much of a girl they looked like.. but that just me..

• I agree I don't know why so many girls are saying yes its 50/50 now.

• I think many girls seem to feel that as females have been oppressed for millennia, they need to support them in their choices, so that it won't be the same for them as it was for them. I am not sure where critical thinking flew out the window, though.

• Yeah I totally agree with you @Mesonfielde

• Some will. There will be some that will.

• All of the guys on here will say no, but in the real world there are guys who would be fine with it. It'll probably have a lot to do with whether or not she's pretty and feminine, but that's how all girls are judged.

• Honestly I feel the very same way.. She is a beautiful woman both inside and out she is fashionable and fun to be around if I was a guy I would totally date her but I'm sure there is a guy out there for her..

• Your reasoning seems very clinical and cold-hearted to me. I feel like if you knew someone personally who went through the emotional pain of feeling like they should have been born as the opposite gender then your opinion may differ. Then again maybe it wouldn't. Either way, as of now our opinions are entirely different. For me, the things you stated in your first point are enough of a reason to support trans people. If someone is suffering and they can do something to fix it that doesn't hurt anyone else then I'm all for it. As far as your second point goes, do you not treat the sexes differently already? Most people do, myself included. If you feel that changing the pronoun you call a transgender person to him/he or her/she respectively is sexist, then do you currently use a gender neutral pronoun when referring to people? If so, good for you, you're more advanced than I. If not, then aren't you already sexist by your definition? Honestly, I think we'll just have to agree to disagree

• . A simple "no, I want someone who was born a woman" is a lot different than "fuck no, that's disgusting.

Yeah I agree.