Are single moms doomed? (Dating)

Would you date a single mom?
Would you use a single mom for friends with benefits only?
Are you willing to accept another mans kid (s) as your own?
Are single moms damaged goods?

Men please let me know your thoughts!
Thanks

Most Helpful Guy

• Would you date a single mom? No. There was a point when I had no problem with it, but experience has taught me that I would rather remain alone than be with a woman that has a kid with another man.

Would you use a single mom for friends with benefits only? I don't do friend with benefits, but if I did, that is the only use I would have for them.

Are you willing to accept another mans kid (s) as your own? I tried that, and I was always treated as the outsider. It wasn't us as a family, instead it was her family, and me, the outsider. Unfortunately most mothers will never accept the man as the true father of the child, and I don't have the strength to lay my heart on the line to bond with child after child, in order to find a mother that will accept me as the real father.

Are single moms damaged goods? No. Lots of guys will still date single moms.

Single moms can still date just fine. There are plenty of guys that were just below your radar that would jump at the chance to date you, now that you are on an approachable level. There will be no shortage of guys willing to be a good father to another mans kid... the only problem is most of those guys aren't the kind of guys most women really want to date. If they were this guys would already be married.

The problem with being a single mom won't be as much of an issue once you get older, because it is almost impossible to find a woman that doesn't already have a kid that is still single. So men are forced to be less picky. Keep in mind most of them are not going to be interested in pretending to be your kids daddy. They are just going to be willing to suffer through the fact you have a kid. Until then, if you are looking for a relationship you may need to lower your standards a little. I am not saying to lower them to the point that you are dating drug dealers or anything, but the sweet class nerd you overlooked or even made fun of in high school may be the kind of guy you should be going after.

What Guys Said 18

• Your only as doomed as you want to make yourself out to be. First and foremost STOP LOOKING FOR A PARTNER!! focus on your goals, your plans, your kid (s) and getting your life together. Get to a point where you are able to support yourself and your kids before you bring a potential partner around. If it's meant to be the right person will come along. A QUAlLITY guy, once again I stress QUALITY, as in not a guy that is just looking to use you for sex or a guy that has issues of his own is going to be attracted to a woman that is confident and has her shit together and is a good mother to their kids. So focus on you and your kids. Any one that has their shit together (ie can pay their own bills, good mom, good working relationship with the father of her children) will not be seeing as damaged goods. So it;s all going to be what you want to throw out there to whomever.

• Ach. Sincerely?

1. No. I'd want to be able to be the number one in her life. I've seen a lot of marriages had loads of trouble, including my own parents, because one parent placed a kid in front of their spouse. With a single parent, that's default mode. Kid was there first, and moms already bonds super strong to their kids.

2. No, that would just feel too wrong. I think. Unless she was really attractive and fun.

3. No way. It's a huge effort in life to raise your own kids. Most sane men won't spend their life raising another man's child.

4. Never wedded single moms? Yes, I'd guessing most of them are. They've already had a torrid love affair that consummated with a child's birth, but didn't/couldn't stick with the man. I think that stuff legitimate qualifies as emotional trauma for women, and seriously effects them.

• Yes I would date a single mom.

More than likely the only relationship would be a friend with benefits due to the father of the child always having his toe in her water.

I can accept another mans child as my own.

Single moms are damaged to the point that there pool of guys depends upon the life long idiot who will be playing a returning role in another mans attempt to be a happy family. The child's father can hold back all forward progress of a new family attempt.

• Q: Would you date a single mom?
    A: No, never.

Q: Would you use a single mom for friends with benefits only?
    A: Only, if that's what she wanted. Otherwise no.

Q: Are you willing to accept another mans kid (s) as your own?
    A: Never.

Q: Are single moms damaged goods?
    A: I don't think so, no. They're just not compatible for me.

• Would you date a single mom? Yes I have dated a few and it was ok
    Would you use a single mom for friends with benefits only? no we had more then that
    Are you willing to accept another mans kid (s) as your own? yes i am and have
    Are single moms damaged goods? no please don't think like that

• Yes to all beside the last one.

I HAVE dated a mom once, but she was terrible

yes, why not, sex is sex no matter if she have a kid or not

I wouldn't go around pretending someone elses kid is my own, but I would treat the kid just as good

Not she's not.

• I would date a single mom. I like children and it doesn't bother me as long as she can make time for us to be alone some of the time. I've never had a friends with benefits but I wouldn't be against it. Lol

• only if the kid (s) had left home.

• Really your best option is to find a single dad.

• It may be more challenging for them but nothing is impossible. I know that much

• I would be more cautious around them but I would date them. I used to be friends with benefits with one and it felt so weird doing it when the kid was in the house who always seemed to have problems sleeping lol.

• Your not doomed. There are probably more guys willing to date single moms than there are gay people total so yeah your fine.

• No
    No
    Fuck no
    Yes

• Only single moms who're white and half biracial kids are doomed.

• @Battery-empty Maybe to you it isn't true, but for most of us who live in the non PC real world it is very true.

• To be fair I could imagine that being the case

• I wouldn't get involved with a single mom. It's just not my thing. I have no interest in kids, having them, taking care of them, or what's expected of me should I get involved with a woman that has a kid (or have kids of my own).

Just like some people's life goals is to HAVE kids, I'm equally as serious about my goal to NOT have them. They just aren't for me. So I would obviously not have them with a partner, as well as not get involved with a single mom because it would be counter-productive to that whole life goal lol

• To have some casual sex? Sure, lets get it on. For dating and romance? Hell to the NO!
    That shit is a huge burden!

• No.
    No. Because (and this sounds bad, I know) I'd fear you would want to tie me down, even if you claim you're happy with just casual.
    No.
    Well, you'll find fewer guys willing to be with you if that's what you mean. Your best bet is to date a single father. You'll have more to bond over, anyway.

• Absolutely not. If he likes you, its fine. Some guys will not want it but most are fine. My current gf has 3 kids and she is the love of my life. I could not imagine not having her. I want her by my side for the rest of my life.

What Girls Said 4

• I wouldn't date a single dad.
    I would probably be friends with benefits with a single dad only, it really depends. I doubt it when there are probably younger more attractive and more available men out there.
    I would not be willing to accept the kids as my own.
    I wouldn't say single dads are damaged goods, but they're a package I'm not interested in.

Considering I feel that way about single dads. I'm sure there are men who feel the same about single moms. However there are plenty of men and women out there willing to date single parents and take on their spawn as their own.

It all depends on the person.

• Girl…………Im not doomed at All or damaged goods

• I don't think it's about that.
    It's what you project out there to the world about yourself to be.