Best option for short guy (169cm/5'6'')?

Hey there! As I have stated in the title, I am a short guy (5' 6'') and I'm from Europe (Italy) but currently live in Melbourne (Australia) and my height has always been a huge deal-breaker for women, but I'd say in Australia even more so than Italy. I've never had a date, let alone a gf and don't get me started on sex... I have found women care way too much about a guy's height regardless of her height and 100% of women prefer tall men (meaning above average, not just taller than them) so I have decided to take one of this drastic changes:

A) Go gay, since gay communities are more accepting of shorter than average men.
B) Get a sex change, since I'd be more accepted as well.
C) Get a leg-lengthening surgery, this is the one that appeals me most. I could go up to 5' 9'' which starts being a respectable height. Even if it goes wrong and get stuck on a wheelchair forever, I'm sure there are more women willing to date a disabled man than women willing to date a short man, so it seems a win-win situation.
D) Commit suicide, since no matter what, we are seen as losers and everything we do it has to be because we are overcompensating. I have black belt in Taekwondo and a major career in IT but women still prefer a 6' 2'' whiney loser who may end up cheating on her because hey, he's tall and she can still wear heels.
I have no physical preferences AT ALL. I love women, slim women, fat women, short women, tall women, blonde women, brunette, redheads, flat chest, big chest. But they all want other guys instead.

Sorry if I make some mistakes, English is not my first language. Italian is.

Most Helpful Girl

• Be confident, and don't let your height be any sort of issue. I'm about 5'10 so quite tall for a girl. Of course ideally, I've always said I won't go for anyone below 6'0 at the very least, so that I can wear heels and still be shorter than him.

Last year I ran into a high school classmate who I started hanging out with almost every day. He told me he liked me about a month after that, which I politely turned down because I told myself he is a bit shorter (~5'8"), and definitely not my type. I felt terrible because we got along great, so I even tried wearing heels around him to make him see it would be awkward as fuck due to the height difference. Surprisingly, that didn't seem to phase him. He said he loves tall girls due to the long legs & leaner appearance, and his past 2 girlfriends were taller than him.

Soon enough, I realized I did have feelings for him, and if the height difference doesn't bother him, why should it bother me? In the end, if you like someone, what other people think of you or just because you don't fit into society's ideals should not matter in the slightest. Be confident and don't let height even be a factor with whom you approach. If there's chemistry, tat's what matters most. You know what they say; everyone's the same height when things get horizontal. ;)

What Girls Said 7

• Omg none of those options sound good. Yeah see I wish more guys weren't picky. I'm 4'11", and I don't really care how tall a guy is bc everyone is tall compared to me. I'm certain that I'm not just some aberration in the world.

Just find some shorter girls. You just need to show girls how sweet you are. Honestly even if a girl wants a 6' guy, if you sweep her off her feet then she won't care. Love prevails all.

Be more confident in yourself. Confidence is hot in a guy, but don't be cocky. There are plenty of girls that don't care about height. You just got unlucky finding the ones that do. Keep searching.

• 5'6 is not as nearly as bad as guys hitting on me who are the same height and shorter than me. I am 5'2". Believe me, you are more than likely able to get a date over in America.
    1. If you have an accent, they'll melt.
    2. A lot of the girls here are short as fuck.

• Honey if you're thinking of going gay or getting a sex change you must be for it already. Joining the gay community might be the right choice for you! Being short doesn't change much. It's stereotypes. And commuting suicide will, from personal experience, hurt everyone around you. Think about this love!

• How about you accept yourself as you are. Women don't care about height if they actually care about you. I know I wouldn't.

• Let me put it this way: I'm 5'9" and I am desperately in love with a 5'7" guy; also been attracted to a 5'5" and 5'6" guys, and they were in their early 20s - definitely past the biggest growth spurts. Take from this what you will.

• I find that hard to believe. What is your preference in the ideal type of women?

• I'm 5', so you're not considered short to me. What's your personality like?

What Guys Said 5

• You're not projecting your confidence. I know a guy well who has... some similar stats to you, except shorter, and is doing -very well- with women. Stop slamming 'overcompensation', the fact is a lot of women care about height, but some don't care much, and those ones, what can you do, apart from being a confident, strong, tough, well educated, mature guy that they'd want?

• Yep, know how ya feel, Im 5'9 and was rejected by a girl, she then got with a guy whos like 6'5 ish

• How about option
    E date someone from a third world country for a visa
    F Lower your standards to oblivion

• Doubt you're not getting girls cause you're short, try boosting your confidence and not being such a whiney little bitch

• I'm 5'3" and while it is a disadvantage, I've still been with more women than the average guy. If I can manage it so can you.