Why do guys like tickling their girlfriends so much?

I'm asking this because my boyfriend takes every chance he can to tickle me. I don't know why he does (possibly because I scream/squeak and squirm?) but he won't tell me why! Some examples of the way he tickles me is by sneaking up from behind and tasering me in the side, tickling my sides when we hug/cuddle, poking me at random in the side, tickling my knees when we are sitting together, and tickling the bottoms of my feet when not wearing shoes. Why does he do it? Why do guys do it? I would like to know so I understand how he's feeling about our relationship an' all that.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, I mainly do it when I'm wanting to touch her and make her laugh and be all squirmy at the same time. I enjoy that it's something that is intimate...it's something that only I get to do to her.

Also, there's something really fun about tickling her to the point where she's laughing uncontrollably and wants me to stop (like in a playful manner...not to the point where she's GENUINELY angry about being tickled). I love it!

What Guys Said 6

• oh yeah, I've seen guys do this. Its some sort of insecurity thing manifested in touchy touchy. Most guys dont like to touchy or hold hands in public. When they do its usually an insecurity issue, such as when you see grown men holding hands with prostitues walkig around on a "date". this is some sort of insecurity issue. when done in private it sounds creepy to me. most men, once the honey moon wears off, tend to only be interested in touchy feely as foreplay to sex. they dont like to just sit around and watch movies and giigle and tickle and eat popcorn. Mommy issue? ask him about his mother. read a book about men with mommy issues maybe.

• He's a really brave guy. He actually picks on his mother a lot and annoys the crap out of her. He has never held my hand though, we kinda skipped that part in the relationship.

• i see clearly now that the rain is gone. its you. your response tells me that there is something inside of you triggering this in him. you are attention seeker. you need to constanly be reminded by his physical touch that he cares about you, then you might act like you have no idea why he does this, when if he didn't you would go find a guy that did. enjoy!

• to me, i love tickling the girls upper inner thighs. its just such a major turn on when the girl is laughing very loud when im tickling her upper inner thighs. to me, its very attractive. but has he ever ticked you on your upper inner thighs before?

• Because it's fun to see how they react

• We like touching our girlfriend. We like to hear them laugh. We like to frustrate the crap out of them. We like to hear them beg. We can get all that out of tickling her. What isn't to like about tickling our girlfriends. lol

• It's a way of showing affection. I do it sometimes too.

• it's cute to watch her giggle.

What Girls Said 2

• Because it is cute and fun and he just likes touching you.

• i think its cute when i get tickled