Why are AMFW (Asian male, Western female) couples so rare?

So, I'm a white female and I'm really into Asian guys. I rarely see any AMFW couples around but I have seen many WMAF (Western male, Asian female) couples. Is it because white girls doesn't like Asian guys or because Asian guys don't like white girls?

Most Helpful Guy

• I heard that coupling is actually not uncommon in the UK. American media does not portray Asian males as masculine and sexual. The only time an Asian male has been with a white woman in the media is in
    The Walking dead! Glenn and Maggie<3!

I see amwf sometimes but it is indeed rare. I live in San Francisco which is really diverse! I have talked to white females in the past and they generally are friend and open but I do not seem to have any luck. It is not that Asian guys do not like white girls, I know many do like white girls hell we like every girl that is attractive, but most of us grew up having our parents wanting us to date and marry our own ethnicity. Plus I would say a lot of Asian men aren't even confident in approaching a attractive Asian girl yet alone white girls.

• yeah they have been around but the time they have been around their numbers still rise slowly.

What Guys Said 6

• I don't know but like anything its a slow progression and going to become more common just like how western male and Asian female is starting to become more common.

• It's mostly media.

A lot of people generally think we look like this.

img2.timeinc.net/.../whung.jpg

• I believe it's because she thinks others may view the white female as settling for "less" in every sense of the word. Asian men aren't portrayed as good lovers so I'd imagine females already have some preconceived notion about us. Also, at least here in America, bigger is better. We Asian folks tend to be on the slimmer side. I remember always hearing my Asian buds "wishing" they could get a white girl lol and they would bitch and moan about how white dudes are "stealing" their women.

• Probably because many western females want to be with someone who looks like them and/or they are around a lot environmentally.

• Full Asian men are disgustingly ugly and white girls would never go for you. You're just butthurt that you were born as an Asian piece of shit, so you lash out by linking these fake pictures. You even admit that you wish you were half white. You'll never be half-white and you'll never fulfill your dream of marrying a white woman. I suggest you jump off a bridge. - Elliot Rodgers

• It's funny. Until the 1960s or so Asian men were viewed as sexually powerful and threatening, just as black men are today. You have all those old movies about Asian men seducing, or in some cases, raping white women. Around the 1960s, something changed. I'm not an expert though. I don't know why things changed

What Girls Said 4

• Maybe because the Oriental population tends to be on the shorter side, and all women including white ones prefer that their guy be older?

That's just an idea. I think most girls find Asian males attractive; can't deny how sexy John Cho, Harry Shum jr., etc. are right? Also, there may be more white male/Asian female couples because lots of people say men find the apparent submissiveness of Asian females attractive. But I do think it's changing and we're getting more Asian male/white female couples now, such as the one I'm in. :)

• I suspect a typo, but in case you meant what you typed... what does shorter have to do with older?

• Yes I wonder why people think Asian women are submissive

• lol regarding the Asian women being submissive, that's why I said 'apparent submissiveness'. I've never witnessed this supposed submissiveness, that's just what I hear a lot of people say when talking about mail-order brides and what not.

Yup my boyfriend's Asian and he's great. You're so right about his culture and family traditions helping; thoughtful, always respectful to myself as well as everyone else, and incredibly selfless.

& yes, typo on the older haha.
      *taller

• I thought Asian parents were stricter on their sons regarding whom they can/cannot date. Don't Asian parents also influence their children by controlling the amount of financial support that they provide? This would probably effect and Asian guy more than an Asian girl because the girl could have a better chance of her partner substituting financial support.

• I guess its the stereotypes about them that are seen on tv.
    Besides they generally seem to only want Asian women given how beautiful Asian women are.

• From my observations in real life Asian men tend to stick to their own race of women.