Are shy people less likely to cheat on you?

Shy people tend to socialize less and they tend to care about quality over quantity when making relationships with people. So is it safe to say shy people tend to cheat less.

Most Helpful Girl

• no, not at all.
    I think getting someone requires bit of determination and understanding, though he/she maybe shy, he maybe very observant, picking up human emotions that people have usually ignore.
    He will be able to touch others heart, lol, so be careful

What Girls Said 7

• No. They can easily be lead out of their shell and become comfortable with one or more persons. Now they're not shy towards them at all. To be honest, shyness has nothing to do with being a potential cheat. Its all to do with the persons temptations, morals and whether they can justify going ahead with it.

• No. Anybody can cheat on anyone, shy or not. Unfortunately, being shy doesn't make them want to stray any less.

• Yeah they are less likely to cheat especially if they have a hard time finding someone in the first place and are not really good at socializing

• I would say that shy people are less likely to cheat on you as they find it hard to approach people as they don't like to leave their comfort zone, however it doesn't mean that they won't.

• Yes. Shy people are less likely to score a significant other let alone multiple significant others.

• It is said that opposites attract
    I'm not shy but in my experience as a quiet person I tend to attract social people who like to communicate

• In general, yeah I would think so. I feel like people who are less social have less opportunity to cheat. For example, if they aren't out partying, hanging out with friends and doing as much without their partner, they have less of a chance to meet someone they could cheat with.

What Guys Said 6

• you can look at it that way but I think it all comes down to the individual themselves, not exactly because they're shy. once they reach a certain point their true colors should show.

• shy guys, yes. shy girls, not so much. ultimately, the deciding factor is going to be whether or not they are 'cut out' for monogamy. But if a 'shy guy' is not, chances are good he won't be capable of finding someone to cheat with anyway. Whereas a shy girl who is not cut out for monogamy will get hit on all the time, and eventually give in.

• Yes. It has been studied and proven. (Sorry, don't recall ref)

I am sure there are exceptions though.

• Yes, I do believe it's the case.

• Of course they are less likely to cheat, because they can't make any eye contact with other potential cheaters ;)

• They'll certainly have less chances to cheat anyway