A girl who likes to party is a turn-off?

I was talking to this guy, until I told him that I like to drink and go to parties with friends on the weekends. He automatically started accusing me of being the kind of drunk that "sleep around and get crazy and flash everyone, be a whore". I don't do any of that, I just get a little tipsy, and every once in a while, I do get full out drunk, but nothing that I regret has ever happened, so I don't see why it should matter. I guess what I'm asking is, are girls who like to drink and party girls that you would not want to be with? Also, why?

Most Helpful Guy

• Not really a turn off unless that's all she wants to do. I'm not a huge party guy either, but I do like to go to some occasionally.

• Yeah not at all. Girls who like to party are awesome and I agree, as long as that's not all she wants to do. Screw whoever told you that and move on. Obviously he's not the right guy for you.

What Guys Said 12

• 0|0
  • It seems 'party' means something different in USA. If a girl maintains her self respect and does not sleep around then there is nothing wrong with a few drinks and having fun.
    But there is nothing more unpleasant than a drunk girl out of control and I think that is what these guys don't like. A guy does not want to be with an out of control woman. They can be very unpleasant in the same way that drunken men can be unpleasant.

• Party girls aren't girlfriend girls.

If you're talking to a guy and you say you like to party when he asks you what you like to do, you have pretty much disqualified yourself from girlfriend potential and gone into hook up potential.

Party girls are never faithful, because every guy knows that party girls have tons of guy friends who the second something goes wrong in the relationship will be there to "comfort" them.

• It's a turn off to me, not because I have such a cynical view of women who do go out, let their hair down and party, but because I am at that stage in life where I have moved on from going out on a Friday night, drinking, dancing and then strolling to bed at 6am in the morning.

Don't get me wrong, I don't stay in watching television etc, but nowadays I prefer to go out for a meal or to a bar and just chill out, relax, have a chat and then head home. I'm not into partying and downing shots anymore.

• Ehhh, party girls are an instant turn off.

• I grew up in the whole partying environment. I don't blame him one bit. Those types of girls are basically public toilets.

• I don't like this type of girls personally.

• Yes it is. And well, those things typically go together.

• Turn off. the wild life is over for this guy.

• Well. Whats her bra size?

• Nothing hasn't happened but, you never know what COULD happen

• when i was early 20's i didn't mind but now i'm over 25 a party girl is def not what i want. seen what they're like

What Girls Said 5

• Yeah, I know when I go out, it's pretty tame. You have a few drinks, dance, socialize, meet new people, and have fun with your friends. It's nothing crazy lol. Also, it's just a small facet of who you are and what you do. It may be easier to define a person by one or a few things, but it's not very reasonable or accurate. Some people understand that, some people not so much.

Anyway, just set him straight, and if he still doesn't get it... oh well, not much you can do about that. I'm sure he's missing out on a pretty cool person, but sometimes people let their preconceived notions get the better of them.

• I dont think its a turn off i think that guys will probably think well if that's all she does then she's not ready for something more serious. But i also think it makes her seem more outgoing and social which is a good thing i would think... unless she has a reputation of sleeping around then i can see how this would be a turn off. But i think your good you sound like me i like to go to parties and stuff just to have fun socialize and get drunk not be a drunk whore.

• No, I just think that guy was being a sexist jerks. I'm sure he has plenty of friends who drink and go to parties. And even if you were flashing people and acting a fool, as long as you'realize not hurting anyone you shouldn't be ashamed of anything.

• No one says it aloud but I've heard the same thing from my close guy friends. A party girl can be a fun girlfriend but not a wife is what they said. I love to party too, I enjoy being with my friends, dancing and just having fun.

• I don't think so!