Is it bad to reject a guy because he is too short?

A friend of mine asked me out the other day and I had to say no. I knew that I wasn't attracted to him but I didn't really know why. I racked my brain and I'm pretty sure it's only because he's the same height as me. He's hot and we get along great but I want a guy who makes me feel safes and protected, you know? I'm short myself (5'4), so I want someone at least a few inches taller and he's only the same height as me. I know that it isn't something that he can control but i can't really control what I'm attracted to either.

• No, it's a just reason. I feel the same.
  • No, it's a just reason., but I don't feel the same.
  • Yes, that's bad, he can't control it

Most Helpful Girl

• if you don't find him attractive then don't feel guilty about that. I don't have a problem with dating a guy a couple inches shorter than me but I wouldn't date a guy who was like 5'1. I know they can't help it but I can't help not finding them attractive.

no guy would lose sleep over rejecting you if he didn't like one of your features. think about that

What Guys Said 12

• If you try to date someone you're not attracted to for any reason at all, you'll find yourself unhappy with the interactions. And you'll inevitably wind up stringing them along, inevitably making them feel used and causing lots of pain for them. It's better to reject than to string along.

• I think its pretty shallow to reject a person because of something physical especially if he's fine everywhere else

• No, it's not bad at all, cuz it's a matter of sexual attraction. Of course it depends on how much height specifically means to u, but if u're not satisfied, u shouldn't go along with it. I'm kinda the same way, cuz I'm bi and I like taller guys too, haha~. :3 It's something that might get worded as "feeling safe and protected", but guys need to understand that it's not so much a practical concern as it is about looking good and masculine. ;x

• I think it's natural to feel a bit bad when you turn someone down for whatever reason, I always do. But that's just the way it is, you can't go out with someone you don't fancy. It's not fair to you or them.

• If it's a rational preference, then no it's not wrong.

The fact that he can't control his height means that he shouldn't feel guilty about his height. It doesn't mean that you must disregard it.

• It's like rejecting a fat girl. Cruel and hurtful, but staying true to your preferences. I'd do the same. But you should be careful how you phrase it.

• i dont care. i dont like girls that are taller than me i always thought it was just how things worked that guys didn't date chicks that were taller than them i mean what guy wants to stand on a reaching stool to get a blowjob haha. im totally cool with it as long as girls who dont date shorties dont complain if fit dudes dont want to date fat girls.

• Its your preference and know-one but maybe a few short guys will be disappointed or upset.

• I don't get it... you write "He's hot and we get along great but I want a guy who makes me feel safes and protected" but I am wondering why can't he protect you? only because he isn;t taller then you?

• A friend of mine asked another friend of mine and she said no and used height as an excuse for saying no.

• yeah its pretty bad. and tall doesn't mean protection. muscles would be a way better indicator than height. although neither necessarily mean that. well its your life.

• i am 6'4 i don't care lol

What Girls Said 6

• Hey, if you're not attracted to him, you're not attracted to him. You could be missing out on a great guy, but at the same time if you're just not into him that's that. You may want to ask yourself if you truly think you could get over his height. If the true answer is no then okay.

I don't feel the same about a guy's height, never cared much about it. I don't really get the "feeling safe and protected" reason (you're not alone, though, a lot of girls feel that way) for liking tall guys. I've never felt a sense of protection amongst any guy, tall or short, buff or skinny. I can handle my own crap, I don't need him to handle it for me xD

• First of all, if you don't know why you don't like him - it's probably not because he was too short. If that was the reason - you would know it immediately. You don't like him because there is something you want that he doesn't have or something about him that you wish wasn't there. That is okay. You just avoid dating him and move on.

• No it's not bad, he's just not your type I don't see the issue here. As for guys who say you're shallow, men most of the time hit on the chick they think is attractive regardless of what her personality actually is so I don't get why the double standards here.

• That's a pretty shallow reason... you know nothing of his personality, just his height.

• I think it's kinda shallow honestly, IF you like everything else about him, but you have the right to choose who you date. If you're not attracted to him bc of his height, you can't help that

• Natural. Your choice.