Is it wrong to distance yourself from someone you love?

I'm like seriously in love with this girl, but I know that we'll never be anything more than friends. I accept this when we're not together, but the moment we start talking I feel like something is there. Although I know there isn't.

I distance myself from her, like I'll wait for her to text/call me instead. I won't even bother trying to contact her. She "thinks" that I may like her because of the things I've told her bestfriend. I'm close with her also.

So my question is, is it bad to distance yourself from someone you really like to save the heartbreak?

Most Helpful Girl

• If you think there's no chance, then it's not bad at all.

What Girls Said 2

• Why did you tell her friend? That was dumb... Just go talk to her and tell her that you don't know what she told her but you don't feel anything more than friendship and also tell her you are seeing someone (Don't tell who)

• That's a type I mean't "by the things I've been told".

• Actually that wasn't a typo sorry. Read your answer wrong.

But I'm not sure how well this idea would work out.

• If you don't see any future together, staying away from her is the best thing to do.

• Sounds about right, thanks

What Guys Said 3

• `In time the distance created shall be wide enough to build a bridge across`

• if u believe that she likes u den go ahead as someone have to make a effort from ur side dnt make d distance as u r hurting urself in short if u love her then go ahead nd say to her :)

• I'm in the same boat as you bro. Im doing the exact same thing I'm actually staying away from a girl for a month so I could get over the feels I got for her, and maintain the friendship. If you KNOW for sure there isn't a chance she'll not feel the same way you do its best to give yourself distance, gather control of your feelings and bury then, be only a friend to her. But if there IS a chance she'll feel the same for you I implore you TELL HER! Don't let opportunities go to waste because the worst thing that will happen if you don't is to wonder years from now "what if?"

• Thing is, I've also heard from her bestfriend that she likes me, but I know there isn't anything there.

• Even though I've been told that she likes me in a way, when we talk or are together it feels like we're just friends. Just the vibe that I get.

• Well remember people who are in relationships are also friends and thats a good thing it means you have a very solid base to start someithing more profound with her, also this sounds like you might be a bit afraid of being rejected by her even though you've heard she might feel the same... don't let what might or might not happen stop you because not knowing at all is ultimately worse.