Why does my girlfriend tell me about other guys hitting on her?

She will bring it up sometimes. I usually don'trespond to it act like I don't care this time I said I'll take care of it if they start annoying you.

Most Helpful Girl

• She might do that to show you other guys still find her attractive which she might hope will make you appreciate her more. Deep down she could feel like she's not getting attention/affection from you. So know she's saying it to drop a hint on how special other guys make her feel. She could also just do it because it;s something she feels is exciting and it's just human nature to want to share something exciting.

What Girls Said 12

• I used to do that with my exes. It's just that I didn't want them to think I was trying to "hide" anything from them. Or like if that guy ever got stalkerish (which has happened before), then my bf won't say "Why didn't you tell me before!". Safety precautions. That's why I did it.

• Probably to remind you that she's a special lady and other guys find her desirable.

In other words, she wants you to appreciate her.

• she probably wants to let you know. so she doesn't feel like she's doing something wrong by not telling you. if you found out about it later, you might be like "well why didn't you tell me?" so she wants to get it all out in the open. its probably just helping her conscious.

• conscience*

• Therenwould be absolutely no way of me finding out about this encounters we both know that.

• oh, thats true.. then she probably just wants to feel like she isn't hiding anything from you. sometimes it just feels a little weird if someone is hitting on you. it feels wrong. i tell my boyfriend about it too, just so he knows im not hiding anything. i also tell him pretty much everything.

• I think she is just letting you know. Would you prefer to learn it at the end , like annoying? I think she is doing right. She feels comfortable sharing it, she is open person. I would take it in a good way.

• She's trying to make you jealous. This is why I only tell my dude when someone hits on me and it's a funny story (like they were overly creepy in a hilarious way) or something.

• To make you jealous and to be sure you don't forget that you could lose her one day. Or she is just being honest.

• I do that too. It's simply because I appreciate it when he's honest about the girls who flirt with him instead of hiding it, and I feel like if I let him know about those guys every now and then, he'll know that I won't keep anything from him.
    It depends on how she tells you about them though.

• Maybe just to let you know? I used to tell my boyfriend just cause I was used to telling him everything, but then he said it bothered him so I don't anymore.

• Maybe she needs more attention from you?

• She might want you to do something about it, show the other guys that she is yours and if they try it again they are in some deep shit

• she wants to see you get jelous.

• so that you give us special care and be like omg i will beat the shit out of any guy who lays his eyes on you! lol maybe you dont compliment her much so probably thats why

• I never compliment lol

• maybe its about time you should!

What Guys Said 7

• I don't know all girls intentions but mine tells me just to let me know just to keep things open and to communicate. I don't pay it no never mind either

• She's seeking a reaction from you most likely jealousy, not necessarily a bad thing she might just want to show that you care about her. As if you can't take it when other guys flirt with your girl

• she probably wants you to be defensive

• She's shit testing you. Acting like you don't care is the best strategy. She's trying to make you jealous.

• I did say that to my girlfriend once but I said it in a way to not make her jealous, just to let her know that she's the only one. It was something like "babe you remember those girls I talked to you about? They were hittin on me but dont worry, you're the only one that can have me :D"

She was like awww and we kissed real quick. Even though I said it with real intent and meant it, I feel like this type of thoughtful shit gets guys dumped, no? is it actually better to get her a little jealous?

• She's just letting you know that she's attractive to other men. Let her know you're attractive other women.
    See who cracks first.

• Dude. No.

She's trying to make you jealous so you are more attracted to her. Stop failing.