Girls: How tall is too tall for a guy?

I always hear that girls are attracted to tall guys, but I get the sense that this is only true up to a point. So girls, what's the upper limit of height that you find attractive in guys? I'm very tall (6'8"), and I find that my height sets me apart from others more than it attracts them to me.

Most Helpful Girl

• My brother is also 6'9" and actually he likes it.
    I am quiet tall to so I prefer tall guys :)

• Does your brother get girlfriends? If so, how tall are they?

• You have been very helpful, so thank you! I live in Houston, Texas. It's a large city, very hot, humid, and lots of dirty industry. There are nice parts, though, and the economy is great. People here in general are very welcoming.

And yes, gaining muscle is a great booster to our self confidence. I've already had a female friend feel my arm because she said it looks bigger, so I think the girls like the results, too. I'm not afraid to do the work that it takes to become attractive. I'm not like some guys who refuse to try to improve. Some guys will never learn that no girl has to like them.

• Your are welcome! I haven't been yet in Texas but I probably need to go when I am there :)

That's great if you already see progress and girls see that!
      I am sure you are already attractive (!) you just need self confidence but you are on a good path :)
      Don't change the way you think about girls, players etc. because it should be an example for others.

What Girls Said 9

• You're 7 inches taller than me and yeah its on the tall side, but really not a big deal. Stick to tall women, they'll likely have no issue with it.

• I've actually found the opposite, that tall women aren't really into guys who are much taller than average. The girls who've seemed to like me have been short, like 5'4" and below.

• Really? Wow. It's possible that they automatically assume you're not going to be interested. We're always told that guys like the short women, lol. I learned not to think like that and it's probably the best thing I ever did for my self esteem.

• I don't get it either. Girls apparently either think they're too good for me or I'm too good for them. But, I guess that's true for most guys. Girls in college seem like they're more interested in FWBs and hooking up than they are in having a bf.

• There is nothing too tall for me lol. For me the ideal height would be 6'3''-6'4'' but I could date a 6'8'' , I wouldn't mind. I'm 5'4' by the way. What's your height preference in a woman?

• I can't say I really have an ideal height. The girl I'm crushing on right now is 5'1", which is a big reason why I asked this question. I think most girls believe that really tall guys only want (or only should want) to date really tall girls (those around 6'0"). There aren't that many girls who are around 6'0" tall, and those who I've met have ignored me.

• Thanks, but I'm not so sure. Like you said in your OP, most girls like the guys who are 6'3", but they shy away from guys my height. During my freshman year, one girl I liked asked me what shoe size I wear, and when I told her I wear an 18, she was like, "Those things look like clown shoes." Things like that make me feel like I'm too different for girls to really want to date me. It's hard to know who willing to go with it and who's not.

• Sorry to say but she was an idiot and she didn't worth your friendship let alone your love. And the hight I mentioned doesn't mean what the majority of women like, 6'4'' or 6'8'', not much of a difference. Who likes a 6'4'' will like a few inches more too, don't worry.

• Hmm I can't think of any advice right now I'm stuck on the 6" 8 part 😓 dude mad respect

• I don't understand.

• Ok, that's what I was afraid of.

• But I'm just one person, there's millions of girls in the world love 😟 you'll find someone who loves you height and all 💞

• It's difficult to walk and engage in a conversation if you're too tall. I enjoy eye contact when talking so I would have to crank up my neck. My boyfriend is 6'4" but I'm 5'6".

Nevertherless, I have a friend who's 6'6" and he's dated girls 5'4"to 6".

Wouldn't go over a foot taller than me though.

• Do you think most girls are like you, i. e. that they would shy away from dating a guy my height?

• All my friends are. All the guys around us are not taller than 6'7", who's dating someone who's 5'11"

• I am 5'6 and personally, for me, too tall would be past 6'6 o:

• The perfect height in my opinion for a guy would be 6'3 (#^.^#)
      However, height isn't a very important factor for me :) for instance, I had a huge crush on a boy whom was a whole feet smaller than me o:

• I've yet to meet a guy who is "too tall", so I'll let y'know when that happens.

• What percentage of girls do you think would be into dating a guy who is ~ my height?

• 6'3 and above would be too tall for me.

• For me, a guy over 5'11" is too tall

• But id love to date a guy that was 6'8"
      But then he would probably think Im too short because I'm 5'2" so yeah :( f that

• I'd not is** because***

• Nooooo, long legs are great and all, but there are tons and tons of guys who love small women. Small women arouse all of our instincts to be protective and strong. Plus, small girls are just the hottest girls, so don't ever doubt that guys would be attracted to your size.

• 6'3 is my max limit since I'm so tiny and petite!

What Guys Said 3

• I knew a few guys who were 6'8" and 7"

Yes, at that height, some girls start thinking it's too tall. However some other girls -love- it. There are more girls who love it than there are guys that height, so overall, it was a big plus for them dating, but for any specific girl it depends on her tastes.

• Ah, I'm afraid there's a "freak factor" that begins to arise once a person gets too far from the norm. I've never met a girl who said she was particularly attracted to my height, but then girls are often cryptic about such things.

• A female coworker of mine went to a club with the 7' guy once, and literally got elbowed in the head by a woman trying to get to him to flirt with him.

• Guess I just don't have the magic touch.

• 2'+ in general

• My ex was 5'10 and she wished I was taller, even tho I'm 6'5. So even my height is too short for some tall girls!