Why are Asian men so scared to approach white women?

I have been told by several of my friends that a girl wouldn't date him because he is Asian. I think this is completely insane! Asian men and they're style is definitely my type. Is it because they are shy, or scared of rejection? I think every man is scared of rejection is it just more severe?

Most Helpful Guy

• because white girls have the impression that Asian guys have a small dick and as a result Asian guys feel insecure.

whites should get rid of the stereotypes about other races in my opinion

• But it has been proven over and over again that Asian males are just as average as everyone else. Also they are growing taller and taller, their average height is now only 2 or 3 inches shorter. I think stereotyping is so rude.

• But so should other races too, right?

• I am confused, I thought I said that races will generally be racist towards other races.

What Guys Said 13

• In my circle of Asian male friends, it's certainly the opposite. Some have dated or currently dating a white girl. Though we did spent our childhood mostly in western culture... if that makes a difference. I think like any other man, some think 'she' is out of their league.

• I have an Asian friend and he only likes white women but he gets the impression white girls don't like Asian men. Every time he has approached a white girl he gets rejected.
    He also says white women never show him any interest, it's a shame because he's a good looking guy with a great personality and a very good job, but he can't seem to get 'white women'...

• Some people are so pro American it is frustrating. I am all for dating within a race, but I do not believe that it should be limited to that, loving someone shouldn't be effected by what country they come from

• Hopefully this will change. I see myself in the future, married to an Asian man. I am not opposed if I find a white/black/spanish man who I love, but at the moment, I am most attracted to Asians and I may just have to express my attraction more openly

• Good on you! I hope you find him...😊

• Cause most Asian men tend to have the mindset that all non-Asian women do not like us. We're our own worst enemy... but to be fair I have approached white girls before and they've shut me downnnn.
    The media mind fucked us.

• It is so upsetting~ you see this cute guy at a restaurant and you are like "omo!" And he smiles and looks away. I think they should try because they will never know unlesd they try.

• If you look in my other answers you will see my reasonings. I dont let the media influence me. Sure I love a kpop boy group like every other girl, but I understand that that is just production, and asking every Asian man to be like a kpop star is like asking every American to be miley cyrus or tom cruze.

• @ArchDruidMordred Have you ever seen an Asian guy be that Sexy hero that gets the lady?
      Exception for Glenn in Walking Dead.

@ Asker go for it, but a warning is... depending on the guy he may just get thrown off and might not know how to respond.

• I just had the same conversation with my Indian friend. He thinks white girls don't like him, and he doesn't listen to me. It's a bit understandable, think of an introverted shy white guy, now think of an introverted shy Asian or Indian guy. Of course, the Asian or Indian guy has it harder than the white guy, because their culture and their experience is different. I just think they're more insecure and they have nobody to learn from.

• Yes I thought culture might have something to do with it. Hopefully in the future, open minded people will change their view.

• It's part of a cultural thing going on in Asia. Men and boys are getting tired of spending most of their time at work supporting marriages and relationships that they are barely involved in. Thus, fewer and fewer Asian men are seeking relationships claiming it takes too much time from their work. This has made Asian boys in recent generations very shy.

• I never thought about the amount of work they have as a factor, that is really smart.

• I think a lot assume that white girls will not give them a chance because they are Asian. I have a friend who has that kind of mindset.

• Are u referring to all asian? , well i am from southern (bali) , sometimes i loved to approach foreign white female tourists here ( mostly australian , sometimes get rejected )

• Should be brave and confident like these girls... hehe...

www.youtube.com/watch

• what is this stupid generalization you've made?

• My friends have voiced several times, that they would never be able to get a white girlfriend. I was just asking if it was really true, and why they feel that way.

• Because we have high standards to compete with

• I think everyone should have equal opportunity.

• "Test us with test but the test are never final because it doesn't prepare us for the biggest test which is survival"
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-eVF_G_p-Y

• @mr90skid don't usually quote spoken words but that one is so relatable

• Because white women are about as picky and judgmental as women come.

• Are they really? I honestly didn't know that how picky a woman was varied from race to race.

• It has to do with the culture a person is raised in. It so happens that type of cultural ugliness is present in white areas of the world. I won't argue cause, just calling out the effect that I see.

• Because of how white women talk about Asian men.

• Yes that is really horrible, it isn't fair how manh stereotypes there are.

• These perceptions are so outdated.

I'm Asian and have only really dated white women. My brother is married and has a baby with a white woman.

As the poster has mentioned, we're still guys ourselves: we're subject to the same inhibitions some men have about approaching the beautiful women that most men want.

• Good, because I dont want the stereotypes and social pressures to stress someone.

What Girls Said 7

• I love Chinese, Japanese and Korean men! I don't know why they don't but most are very shy. I've never been approached, I've never received a flirty message, I got close in a club but they would just smile and clearly felt awkward and shy, though the Asian girls were just as welcoming of me! I just love them all, they're so lovely! I think it's also down to culture, they may have been told white girls are easy (not girlfriend material) or they're told that they can't get into relationships because their education is more important. I don't know but whatever it is, I wish it would disappear.
    Everyone's talking about how WE've made up that small penis stereotype. I don't even think about penis size when I'm dating or interested in a guy. Guys think more about penises and penis size than girls do, definitely. I would choose intelligent conversations over a penis any day.

• It's true... many people are racist to be honest against Asian or black man, i personally wouldn't date an Asian person because they are too rooted in their relligion (if you mean muslims that is), i wouldn't date muslims because id then be wearing muslim dresses because their family would care too much if i wore my own clothes... they would never respect my opinions or beliefs, i'm not racist in any way id happily have them as my friends. Black men aren't my style ether i just don't find them attractive, i tend to go for white skinnier shorter men than me or my own height, most women just wouldn't date a muslium man because of the diffferences in our belief system. If you mean Asian as in chinese though... i don't know why really... again chinese isn't my style ether so i don't know why they wouldn't date chinese.

• I am talking about eastern Asian, like Japanese, Korean or chinese. Religion isn't something I would follow. I feel that even if we aren't the same religion, we should be able to respect each others beliefs.

• Not sure about japanese, korean, chinese... i mean i don't see any of a reason there why girls wouldn't because they are a lot more relaxed in terms of beliefs and wouldn't be forceful with them like muslims do, at this point seeing as there is no proper reason those girls are probably just being rude and listening to all the stuff about "immigration", they are probably scared that they are gonna try and date them to get a ticket to the country or something... that's what i usually hear from people even about black men sadly... that's the only explanation i can really think if they say it's just because they are Asian...

• If you are referring to Asian Asian guys, they tend to lack the confidence in themselves and they felt that non Asian women dont like them. Also, They are intimidated by caucsian women who are being seem as louder, or more outspoken. Yes they are shy too.
    Also, in Asian culture, Asian men still date within their own race, families objection are also one of the reasons why they dont date outside their own race

• White women can be very bad to Asian men. And to Asian women... I don't blame them for being antsy about it.

• Its because of how Asian mean are talked about and how much they are apparently known to be not like , which makes their confidence level go dowwwnnnnnn 😒

• maybe they're just not interested. those who are eventually will approach.

• Because they only want Asian girls is my guess.

• Thats true, asia was very isolated but it is changing.

• Be honest do you listen to a lot of Kpop?

• K-pop yes, but is that the reason I asked this, absolutely not. K-pop is the production of Korea, much like American stars represent america. My major is international busiess, and my father is vietnamese, so I am not interested in asia just because of the production side.