Are white men afraid to approach black women?

Im black and I don't know if any other women other than white women have this same experience. I like all men but I noticed Asian men and white men seem scared to approach me. They will check me out and stare at me sometimes but never make a move. Im really nice and friendly with people do i don't know why they'd be afraid to come up and talk to me. Latino guys and black guys will just walk up to me and flirt with me.

Is it just me? does anyone else have this experience or is there a reason for this?

• No. I have approached them.
    37% (16)
  • Yes. I'm afraid to.
    0% (0)
  • No. I love them.
    12% (5)
  • Not my type.
    42% (18)
  • Never happened so can't say.
    9% (4)
Girls can not vote on this poll
I'm a Guy

Most Helpful Guy

• YES they are and anyone who says no is an total liar.

Mainly they are afraid of rejection because the chances are high.

generally speaking, most black women have this whole "I only date black men" thing going on. I've only seen black women date a white guy when he is super popular, famous, well off, or has a high social status.
    I'm not saying black women are shallow. I'm just saying some women of all races are weakened by that stuff.

Let's face it. Black women do NOT date white guys. And I grew up in a black neighborhood.

• yes that is true and it's stupid. I don't know how someone can only be attracted to their own race.

• It's good that people are open though. I always have preferred to date outside of my race but I have not really had much of an opportunity.

then again I'm too shy for anyone :)

• I have as well and you shouldn't be shy. Most girls prefer if you're bold and upfront with them.

What Guys Said 25

• I don't date black women but I am not afraid of them.

• This is a form of racism. Not the hateful kind, but many of these white guys - like all guys - just doesn't want any drama. Unfortunately:
    1. While they may not be racist, they may have racist friends and family, so these guys don't want any shit from their friends/family whether directed at them or you. There's not much you can do with these weak guys.
    2. They may be guys who have stereotypes in their mind that you might be the kind of black girl who creates a lot of drama or is overly dramatic or "ghetto". So, that's a form of racism. Fortunately, this is the kind of racism that can be eradicated - at least where you are concerned - by being "least ghetto".
    3. Penis size: they feel, as white guys, they won't "measure up" where it counts.

Unfortunately, many white guys fall in this category. This is a good thing in a way because none of these weak-willed guys are worthy of you. You want a white guy who will approach you - this shows 1) he's not racist, 2) he's not insecure about his dick, and 3) either he doesn't have racist friends/family and/or he's man-enough not to care about the feelings or indulge those racists.

That said, GOD, I miss Jackie... She was such a hot sister that I would have got into a relationship if she ever gave me the signal. Our sexual tension was great; it kept me alive. Sadly, she had 2 other white BFs at the same time.

• why the fear?
    I don't see a logical reason for a guy to be afraid of approaching a girl from another race
    if you're beautiful, then everyone will approach you

• I live in a wicked rural area where almost everyone is white. My school is more diverse but the people I run into in my major are usually white or east/south Asian. In my daily life I don't really bump into black women very often. It's not a lack of attraction or fear or anything.

• Asian and white are different from Latinos and black.

• other reason for Asian guys is...
      due to culture religion and they society they raise.

• and trust me there are many problem with Asian guys many means so many.

• It isn't a matter of "being afraid". It is a question of whether the woman is attractive.

There are not all that many black women I personally find attractive, and most, but not all, of them seem to be East African (as in born in East Africa).

• well there's not a lot of attractive people in any rave so that's not an excuse.

• No, there are not "a lot".

I find certain traits attractive and certain traits unattractive. Those traits are not equally dispersed among races.

I don't care what a woman's race is that I date, but I do care what her characteristics are. It also just seems hard to connect to an American black woman. It is easier to connect with a Kenyan or Ethiopian. I don't know why that is.

• I see and yes that would be your own preference.

• Many Asian men are naturally shy.

• why are they shy?

• thats crazy! think there's attractive men in every race.

• You're in the minority but I agree with you there are attractive women of all color.

• Lol and why would we be afraid? xD

• It depends on the woman but there is a stereotype of them being loud and angry especially at white men. Of course not everyone is and I know a number of women who aren't like that but if that is a perception then it could have an impact

• well there's a stereotype that says white people are known to be racist and scared of other races so should that have an impact on them?

• Sure why not, blacks are scared to death of whites.

• Nope, honestly I just have never felt any attraction towards the ones I have known.

• It is just that black women in my country stick to their own race.

• It goes vice versa too. Black women have prejudices about white men only using them for sex (black fever), so it's complicated.

• Yeah, no problem.

• not afraid, but white men mostly do not interest in black girls. harsh fact

• Not my type.

• No, because most white men aren't attracted to black women.

• you're talking for yourself. I wouldn't have so many gawking at me if that were true.

• @MissMulato I'm not talking for myself. Of course there are exceptions, but in general, white men don't really date black women.

• most of the Asians are. I have no problem approaching a black woman. :)

• Not my type and not attracted to them!

• um nope. i have approached them

• Indians are like that mostly due to their conservative background. :)

• Are black women afraid to approach white men?

If you're interested in the guy why don't you do the obvious and approach him?

• I dunno , im white and I have approached them

• Yes, I'm somewhat afraid to approach black girls in a bar or other setting to hit on them. There's a fear that you might do or say something wrong and be viewed as racist. Its hard to push aside all the baggage that comes with US race relations history in an awkward situation like that.

Those kind of fears and thoughts dissipate quickly once you meet someone. So I have flirted with black girls I knew or that I met in more casual settings. But in the already awkward setting of trying to meet strangers at a bar it's difficult.

• I haven't voted

I know a lot of black women aren't interested in white men so I'd need stronger indicators of interest from her.

That said when i get signs of interest i find black women are probably the most obvious. K

• that's a good point but a lot think like you do. they like you but think you are not interested.

• Yeah in my early 20s and earlier I never got any signs of interest from black women. Mid 30s on I've gotten it more.

• Oh I should also point out white men on average are gonna use more subtle flirting and look for more positive signs before continuing. They're going to be less persistent because that's what they are used to. And Asian guys even more subtle.

• Be the one who does the approach, if you like them, why not.

• why should I do that? I mean if a guy likes a girl he will approach her right?