Is writing a song for someone cute or creepy?

I have a song written for my girlfriend, but I've been told by other girls that writing songs for people is creepy. Just want to get a final opinion in someone before I play it for her.

Most Helpful Girl

• Cuuteeeee! Do it, do it, do it! i wish i had someone write a song for me. DO it she will love it. doooooo it! Good luck! :) if i had the thumbs up button on my keybored id put it on here. :)

What Girls Said 34

• My friend likes to write lyrics for girls he's liked. Its his best way to express himself to a girl since he's shy. I honestly find it sweet, not creepy. Unless you sing about stalking and molesting the girl. It's what you say that really matters, write lyrics from the heart :)

• id love someone to write me a song :) i love singing and music and i can sing really well so maybe then i can sing it with you lol

• If she's the girly type, if she likes stuff like Taylor swift, and those boy bands then yes. Do it.
    But if she's just regular, laid back, fun... then I'd skip the song writing.
    in my opinion I would think it was creepy and awkward to be sung to

• It depends on the girl. Many girls I know have all had mixed feelings on things like this. Some find it creepy, whereas others find it sweet! Id say do it! Play it for her, and if she find it creepy... Try and move on. It isn't worth it, because you are probably a romantic and she isn't. there's nothing wrong with that :) Just find someone who will appreciate it. I hope all went well!

• she is your girlfriend so thats pretty cute of you to take your time to write a song for her. it would be creepy if a stranger wrote a song for her o. O now thats creeppyyy

• Well, if a guy I don't like writes one to me, I might be flattered or I might be creeped out, but if it was my boyfriend I'd be so happy and think it was the sweetest thing ever. Honestly, words can't describe how happy I'd be. :)

• It depends how long you've been going out. If you haven't been going out for long, she might feel uncomfortable and that it's a little too much. But if you've been going out for a while (say at least 6 months) then there shouldn't be problem.

• Depends on whether or not you're a good singer lol. I personally would love if a guy made a song for me, As long as it's not too corny.

I would prefer a love poem :)

• I'd go with creepy. I've had one of two written for me in the past, and they did nothing more than make me cringe. I suppose it depends on her personality tho. Best of luck with it man☺

• that's really sweet! (:

• At your age- it is cute!.

• it's cute!

stay as cute. i hope you don't change

• Depends how long you've been with her and what the lyrics are lol I think you'll be fine though :)

• Its cuteee, a guy wrote 2 songs for me like 3 years ago and its just something that you remember tbh...

• I think it could be cute. Depending on what you say of course. But music is the best way to express feeling

• I think it depends entirely on the song, like if it's really something you feel or think and it's honest than there's just about no better way to score points! But if it's really just about how much you want to get into her pants she's probably going to feel kind objectified.

• I think if the girl is somewhat interested in the person, it turns out to be cute. If not, she would think it's creepy. Dobler-Dahmer theory lol

• It depends who you're writing the songs for, what they're about, and what your relationship with the person the songs are intended for is.

• it's cute! it's a sweetest message made by you specially for a girl.
    i think it's the most valuable gift ever to a girl coz nobody else can have the song except her.
    Do it

• It's both.

• I find that so endearing! What a sweet way to express how you feel. I dont know what those girls were thinking, every person man or woman can relate to the words of a song. But what an honor yo one written about you. Good man you are

• Cute

Not creepy at all

• Definitely cute.. :-)

• I think its romantic so long as you two are an item or have been talking.. if you've just been watching her and she doesn't even know you exist then it would be creepy.

• Those hoes who told you it was creepy were jelous that there twats for boyfriends wouldn't write them songs. Go for it! She's your girlfriend she loves you!

• Do it. A lot of guys may think it's weird but one thing girls find very attractive is guys who can sing or are into music. It's a great and really sweet idea!

• Depends. If you haven't been dating for very long, it might be a little weird. Also, do you talk about music a lot? If so, then that justifies it in a way.

• It's cute:) I would love for someone to write me a song

• It depends on the lyrics.

• How long have u been with your gf? If not long than it'd be creepy

• More from Girls
    4

What Guys Said 13

• Dude i usedto do that in high school and even play it for her on Valentine's day in piano or guitar. Girls love the thought of a guy who can express himself this way. I made her a trail of roses and she followed it to her room and i played her the poem turned song and she loved it we dated till i had to leave for the airforce and she to college

• yeah... there is a lot of possibilities for that to be creepy, but some girls would love it. Just keep doing it until you find a girl it doesn't creep out.

• It's kinda douchey in my opinion, most of the guys I know that do it are kinda ehh...
    I think a lot of girls will find it cute, but with girls you have to walk a fine line. If you show you're too into them, they get really skiddish.

• if it's a good song it's good, if it's a bad song then its just hokey.

• the ones that said "creepy" are just jelly. Writing songs is awesome, it shows you care about someone intellectually.

• Not creepy or cute. Just seems like you're trying too hard.

• It depends on the girl, bro. Some might hate it, and call you a douche. :(

Other will squee and wet their pants with excitement. X)

• It's cute if she's your girlfriend, or if you're hot. Creepy otherwise. But as you said, she's your girlfriend, so she'd probably love it.

• As long as it's not something like, "I'll die without you" it should be OK.

• it's sweet. take your time and make it right. :)

• Last time I made a song for a gf of mine, she broke up with me indirectly and cowardly.

• Cute, n romantic!!!

(♥♥,)

• Sing to her like a Disney princess but in a manly way. she'll really love it!