Girls: why don't you date Asian guys?

In my environment, the university, I see tons of single Asian guys but no girl wants to date them. Asian guys here like non Asian girls. Yes, bring on the hate.

Most Helpful Girl

• Why don't Asian guys date me is my question? >:O LOL.
    Just kidding. But seriously.
    It might just be the type of girls they like or that they're part of a self-fulfilling prophecy. I know a lot of girls who like Asian men, but they might not be their ideal type. They also think Asian men don't have interest in them. Culturally, many Asians are expected to date within their race by their families. The other thing, is self-fulfilling prophecy. They believe girls don't like them, so they act shy or unapproachable towards them. Girls see this, assume they don't like them, so they don't bother. Then it appears to the guy that they weren't interested. These are just some possible reasons though... I personally haven't noticed girls not liking Asian guys... I know a lot (including myself!) who are very attracted to them. ^^

What Girls Said 14

• I'll agree with @NerdInDenial and say that for the most part, it's nothing against Asian guys personally, just a few stereotypes.
    The most prevalent one of those that I can imagine would put off a lot of non-Asian girls is that Asian guys prefer to date within their own race. I actually thought that for the longest time, with no clue that it's not fully true.

I'm dating an Asian guy and I'm sure if you'd confidently approach a non-Asian girl you're interested in, she'd be more than happy to give you a chance!

• That's an interesting comment. "lot of non-Asian girls is that Asian guys prefer to date within their own race".

There's also a lot of Asian girls that prefer to date in their own race too. And a lot of white guys that prefer white girls over Asian girls. This never seems to be an issue with that racial coupling, yet it is different the other way around.

I personally think it comes down to 3 things. Asian guys are shy, physically smaller/feminine and maybe cultural differences. That's it.

• ... yeah never denied that it works both ways, only this question is asking about Asian guys and non-white girls specifically. There may be more of a problem with Asian guys with white girls than white guys going with Asian girls because like you said, a lot of Asian guys are more reserved with approaching women. I bet white guys approach Asian girls a lot more so it's a matter of luck.

• 1 - they treat me like a second class citizen
    2 - they think i'm their property
    3 - they expect me to wait on them like their mom does
    4 - when they sweat, they smell "sour", not musky/clean like other guys do
    5 - most of them suffer from "little man syndrome"... yes, small skinny dicks
    6 - tied to #5, they leave me unsatisfied, and only care about their satisfaction

• Because it's rare to come across one and for him to like me back. I speak to one Asian guy who only admitted he liked me when he was drunk and then that's why we got talking more. I thought he didn't like me because he never bothered with me. I'm speaking to another Asian guy and he seems to keep it very platonic, I think they're too polite for their own good and respect us so much that they're too scared to flirt! I would like to date an Asian guy.

• Are you white? Because if you are I find this hard to believe. Culturally the only race most Asian men will go after is there own and white women...

• I am. Well I'm not seeing any evidence of that. Middle Eastern, Indian men do go after me, not Chinese, Japanese or Korean men. :(

• Man, I'd love to date an Asian guy... Their looks are my weakness. Unfortunately, nobody in sight or taken

• I would date an Asian guy :p think they're pretty kawai.. Wait? Is that a stereotype? >_>
    Anyways, I would if I like his personality :)

• Exactly my point :D

• Also, to all the girls saying that Asian guys don't ask them out.. Take controll for f sake. Ask them out? No big deal. I asked my boyfriend out because I knew he was shy af and it worked out!

• Because Asian guys don't go for me.

• I WOULD IF AN Asian GUY EVER LIKED ME BACK :(

• They're always quiet. Never flinching. Wall on the fly type of people.

• The dudes that I know are all old men, so no thank you XD

• Do you like Asian guys? yes or no?

• So, it means you would date an Asian guy?

• Yes silly, but all of the ones I know are pretty much like uncles. They're old, and always talking so much. Just curious, where is your college located?

• I would date Asian guys.. I had a crush on this really cute kpop star once.

• Are you the same guy who posted the other question? Look girls like guys in general and yes some have racial preferences but oh well, if it's a huge problem than just do online dating or go out more..

• Because they don't like me back:(((((

• because they don't ask me out lol ahh

• Oneday if i find a Asian guy, i'd like to date him :)

What Guys Said 12

• I think the stereotype of Asian men expected to date within their own race is a stereotype perpetuated most by people of non-Asian descent. If it was so true, why would it be okay for a Asian woman but not for an Asian male?

I think that stereotype about Asian men is not because of Asians themselves but because of American society underrepresenting Asians in general. When they talk about minorities, they usually only focus on Black people or Latinos. I think it's just funny that society considers Asians to be the model minority, but they don't give them the same respect in media in general.

It's contradictory that mainstream America praises Asians to be hard-working, smart and high achievers, but they don't want to give enough credit to give Asians any value in the media unless it's for something stereotypical such as portraying doctors or being in martial arts movies. In a nutshell it's like they're saying "You're almost equal to us, but not quite."

• Very true. As an Asian guy I can confirm that the stereotype of Asian men expected to date within their race more than Asian women is absolute BS.

Main reason why is because Asian guys are generally shy, physically smaller and cultural differences. That's it. For Asian girls, the only barrier is usually the 'cultural difference', as being shy and physically smaller as a female is generally not a bad thing. Also helps that white guys got yellow fever too

• The majority of women don't like Asian guys because of the stereotypes. However, if the Asian guy is more of the Western Alpha male, then he has a chance. A lot of Asian guys don't even approach non-Asian women.

• I think it has to do with the small penis stereotype.

• People think I'm weird enough, I don't need you to make me looks more weird thank you very much.

• Cool Asians get a lot of girls in my opinion. The typical skinny, nerd, awkward Asians have it hard because they're unattractive as hell.

• I prefer pretty asain or mexican girls cause most of the time they dont ask stuck up or play hard to get like a lot of white girls do. This is not always too though

• It's because Hollywood has portrayed Asian men as feminine. The Korean pop stars just makes things look worse.

• A lot of girls in Western counties don't find them attractive. They prefer whites, blacks, and Hispanics. And of course, the penis size stereotype doesn't help which could be the biggest factor.

• A lot of Asians don't go for non Asians because they don't have the confidence to. So they figure "eh I'll stick to Asian girls."

• Oh god here go all the women claiming they love Asian guys but just can't find one Lol.

There are like thousands at every University in the USA lol

• just move environments dude. there's girls out there who will like you

• They don't approach people, most of them are shy.