I'd like to hear success stories from shorter guys on Tinder and OkCupid?

I'm 5'6" and Asian. Is there any of you who's in the 5'6"-5'8" range and has been successful on Tinder? Tinder is not manlet-friendly from what I've heard. If yes, what do you normally do? Do you wear lifts on the first date? Do you usually spike your hair?

Most Helpful Guy

• Being short and Asian isn't all that bad. I don't wear lifts nor do I spike up my hair. During my clubbing and bar hopping phase I did just fine!

• Ohhh and I don't use tinder soo for that part I can't help you there.

• Not accepting it for what it is and letting it drag you down is bad.

• I don't know what to do anymore.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 3

• Lol. Ok I'm 5'8-9 and I'm Asian. Tinder not manlet friendly? How do they know how tall you are until they ask? So before they swipe, they don't know how tall you are. Its not any less friendly than normal dating.

How well you do depends on a lot of things, but being Asian is probably the bigger disadvantage not so much your height (since they don't know that to begin with anyway). I have Asian friends who'd swipe right on a 100 girls and get zero matches.

Personally, my success will vary a lot on location. This is the biggest factor for me. In a large multicultural city, I will do reasonable - maybe 10 matches for 50 swipes? In a smaller/remote city, where it is primarily Caucasian population I will get maybe 5 for 50 swipes.

And don't wear lifts or spike your hair or anything like that. You're short. Just accept that's the way it is. That's much more attractive than when they find out you're wearing lifts or you're not as tall as they thought you were.

• I wear lifts and spike my height.

• LOL so will they to you, because you're Asian and ugly

• Well I have a girlfriend so there is at least one girl in the world that wants me ;) And based on my past tinder experiences, most reasonable people will draw the conclusion that there are others as well :) Though you probably can't believe that, because no girl has ever wanted to be close to you in your life. But that's cool man, "He must be lying", tell yourself whatever you need to help you sleep at night. Depression must be a hard thing to go through :)

• I'm 5'7". I'm aware of Tender's reputation as a 'hookup' app. I just wanted to try it out of curiosity, although I wasn't interested in hooking up. Gave it a try for a couple of days, and got a few matches as well. Around 3 or 4. But I just deleted the app, because like i said, I wasn't looking for hookups.

I don't know if you'd call that success, since I'm just 5'7" and my looks are average or perhaps below average too.

• I'm 5.7. At the moment, okcupid 12, adult friend finder 3 and fetlife 3. Got a play date with a girl on Tuesday and she is a bit taller than me. Me, I just try be as confident as can be. I shave my head, and have a small beard. No height enhancing things because once you naked:) nothing will hide it.