I'm the only natural blonde in my family? Should I be worried?

I even dyed my hair black to fit in with my family. My skin is also naturally tanner than my father and my mom. My mom is actually pale as a ghost. My dad is not pale but not tan
my dad had red hair as a child but it turned black as he grew. My mom had darker hair

Both their parents had dark hair

Most Helpful Guy

• No I am the only blond me and my one other brother and the rest of the 5 people including my mom and dad have black hair. And I am middle eastenr too

What Guys Said 2

• The genetics of how you inherit hair color is too complicated to explain in this forum but it is entirely possible for dark haired parents to produce a blonde haired child, even if there hasn't been a blonde in the family for several generations.

• My parents don't have blonde hair but I have 3 brothers and 2 sisters and one of them has blonde hair. I wouldn't be worried because blonde hair is a recessive gene so both of your parents could carry it without actually being blonde

What Girls Said 2

• Genes sometimes skip a generation. My great-grandfather had green eyes, but my grand-mother didn't. Out of all my aunts and uncles, 2 of the 7 kids got green eyes, my dad being one of them.
    It could just mean that one of your ancestors were blonde and more tanned, and the genes just remained dormant until you were born. It's possible that the gene skipped more than one generation, so don't worry about it. :)

• what exactly is your concern? that you were adopted? if so, you're old enough to just ask at this point.