Why do so many men have such low standards today?

So i saw this on a dating forum a few weeks ago. it was done as an experiment to see just how desperate men on dating sites and the results were unreal. The person who made this experiment profile claimed to get hundreds of matches and dozens of messages within the span of a few weeks. As a decent looking guy myself i wouldn't even be able to stomach looking at this woman in person (with or without the pig nose and chest hair) and certainly would not entertain the idea of dating her but it seems there are many guys out there who would. Why are there so many desperate guys out there?
why do so many men have such low standards today?

there are many many more conversations but i am only able to post 5 pictures

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 16

• I don't know that that means low standerds. Heavy women have feelings too ya know? Just because your type isn't that doesn't mean someone else's isn't. I think having low standards means your dating whores and slutty bitches, just overall not nice women. THAT is what a low standard would be. Their appearance should have less to do with it than their personality. I couldn't read the conversations because it was too small so please excuse me if she made statements that made her seem like a low quality person inside. But I'm sure she wishes she looked different but wants someone to love her as she is. Not everyone looks perfect. And the ones who don't shouldn't be disregarded because of it. And the ones who do should not be called high standards just because they have a sexy body and a pretty face. Do you see what I'm saying? I'm sorry but it drives me crazy when people think less of someone because of their appearance. It's hard to be fat. When I was I hated myself for it every single day. People treated me differently, guys hardly ever looked at me. Luckely puberty took a good turn and now I'm hot and have a lot of guys who liked me for my looks but stuck around for my personality. And I'm still mostly the same person as when I was fat. Yes she could use some waxing and is probably not in the best health, but you don't know her. You don't know if she is actually a low standers gal.

• I think that nobody falls for personality at first sight. It's always their appearance that attracts you first, and then it's the personality that makes u decide whether they're worth it or not.
      Which is not the case here, since I don't see the attractiveness...
      And I gotta admit, N the end, looks do matter...

• Of course they do. But your opinions on appearance doesn't matter to everyone. That wasn't meant to be offensive I promise. I'm saying that everyone likes something different and if someone likes chunky girls you shouldn't diss them and say they have low standards if that's what their penis/vagina/heart/mind desires. And appearance matters yes. But it shouldn't be everything. You should never close your mind either way be it a chunky girl your not giving a chance or a sexy one you've decided is good. There's no need for anyone to be close mindedly judgmental.

• Really there are guys that desperate to fuck.
    33.media.tumblr.com/...lkdpe6Frbt1qd58j4o1_400.gif

• It's the norm really. Desperate men want (desperate) women for sex. As for a relationship? It's a big "No way!"

• No waay!! You're Romanian? Finally someone who lives in Romania! Ești român, nu? :))

Back to the question: dafuq was that. I think those guys are just bored people who have no life and just want to mess around with girls like that..

Oh God.. i swear the question made me shiver...

• it goes beyond bordem. these girls literally have no other options to resort to hooking up with a creature like this

• of coarse she is photoshopped (pig nose and chest hair) but the guys are real and gave out their phone #s. they were being trolled not the ones doing the trolling. trust me

• Gah.. those pics are seriously disturbing. I hate that I have to scroll down and see them every time...

I dont know what to believe anymore.. the only reasonable explanation is that they might look even worse than her.. and fatter...
      I dunno... whatever...

• Miss Piggy is photoshopped I hope? What the heck is that on her chest? Lol. That's very sick but funny. Thank you for posting, OP:)

• ilve always thought that guys have very high standards...

• I think this is some kind of fetish, nothing to do with any standards lol ~ and trust me, there are a lot of guys with fetishes out there

• i think it has nothing to do with a fetish and everything to do with desperation becuase everyone of the hundreds of guys who messaged this women would PREFER a more attractive women but they have to settle for what they can get.

• see this is the problem. i looked at the men who sent her messages. most were decent looking, in shape, and healthy for the most part but they still have to settle for women well below their league that is the sad part.

• Well, then it's a fetish - I still think tho lol just look at how popular all those "fat porn" sites are

• its not about the low standers its about being a easy fuck the easier you look to fuck the more you get contacted

• Scientifically, when men become aroused their standards lower due to the instinct to reproduce and womens standards get higher because of the instinct to find someone with optimal genetics. Though i do think you're being kind of a dick in this post

• if that's you in you're pic then you're are more then decent ;) like whew someone turn on a fan cuz this boi is on fire

• because it was online. they all just probably were looking for porn.

• Oh my god, i tho she was a guy or transgender 😔 do you think the guys are really interest with her? Anyway which forum? Just curious...

• This might sound harsh but unattractive women are known to be easy. So it isn't surprising.

• wow... that is amazing. Men do have no standards...

• Men are in a state of crisis and desperation. Despite the efforts of the Manosphere, PUA, and the men’s self-development movement, the majority of men are petrified of meeting women face to face. They are stuck in a vortex of self hatred, Kleenex and web porn. Countless men are extremely lonely, out of touch with their masculinity, and scraping at the absolute bottom of the barrel–where during feats of sheer insanity, depression, and jerk off marathons–will decide it’s a good idea to hit up Womanbearpig. After-all, the last 1,000 messages that were sent out didn’t yield any responses, so why not?
      Some of these men are quite successful, running companies or holding upper five-figure or six-figure jobs. However, long ago they came to the crushing realization that those resume accomplishments mean nothing when it comes to generating attraction; especially after their wives fuck their poolboys; divorce them, and gallop into the sunset with all of their worldly possessions.

• yes, they do sound pathetic. From my vantage, it seems I can pretty much pick and choose...

• Because the average woman on the street isn't that eye catching.

• it doesn't matter. just the fact that she is a woman, she will have literally 100s of guys who are ready to do her favors. men do not have that luxury

• This is a joke. Everyone has their own standards and if you think this "experiment" represents males you're an idiot.

• i never said it represented all men. dont put words in mouth. the fact that this woman gets even one message let alone a dozen speaks for itself

• Why? Who are you to judge what another person wants? Regardless this "experiment" is a joke and unless you can post an actual proper scientific experiment ( which will never ever be 100% accuracy due to obvious reasons) anyone with half a brain realizes this doesn't represent men, nor does it mean men now have lowered their expectations and settle for anything with a vagina.

What Guys Said 18

• ohhhh she has it rough but it ain't stopping her from having fun in life , all the power to her.

• Really? are guys having low standards nowadays?

Personally I don't think so because I am one of them who has high standards, very high standards.

• I am sure there are guys who have high standards, not sure as to how much percentage of guys have high standards.

• I don't think this has anything to do with low standards

It shows how powerful pussy is. I'd imagine a girl like that would be an easy fuck, not my cup of tea, but it's pussy. I'll never judge the desire for it, even if it does belong to a monster like that

• " As a decent looking guy myself i wouldn't even be able to stomach looking at this woman in person"

Ok I find her unattractive too but you don't have to be such an ass about it. Your looks shouldn't affect your opinion of people.

• This could be fake. But yeah men will lower standards in general because a crap lay is better than no lay. A pretty boy like you wouldn't understand.

• I have what you might call higher but realistic standards.

• I think its due to the fact that most guys like to fuck anything that wears a dress. Girls are lowering their standars too because most guys arnt that great anymore. I feel like before lots of guys treated girls better and tried harder to please there girlfriend. But now there is so many girls there is no competitionthat drives up the standards of guys. Until girls demand more from us we are hoing to stay the way we are.

• OH GOD I try not to have high standards but that is just revolting.

• Poor women. They have it soo hard with this online dating stuff :'(

• Also for this case, it seems extremely likely the profile is selling itself using an offer of casual sex

• Because I find most girls attractive

• This seems some kind of joke, but I guess some men have no standards some have them pretty high it differs from individual to individual.

• Those are probably 40 year old virgins, I know I don't have low standards. That's actually probably why I'm not in a relationship right now.

• why is it your problem? sorry, but as a man, let others live their lives.

• Because women have been liberated and the sexual game is rigged in an animalistic society

• Lmao man let me laugh hard 😆😆😆😆😆

• Hahahaha this is fantastic. I think its just curiosity though.

• I consider my standards low, but i wouldn't even talk to that thing.

• There's a difference between having low standards and having the ability to spot an easy fuck.