Guys, Do guys sometimes read too much into a girls message?

When guys get a message from a girl they like or are seeing or even there girlfriend do you sometimes overthink their message or read too much into it?

• Yes sometimes
    80% (36)
  • No
    20% (9)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll

18

Most Helpful Guy

• So let me get this straight. Women are always sending out signals that they think are obvious when they are in reality really subtle and hard to interpret and now you think that men spend too much time reading into things? Sometimes I can't tell if women are confusing or confused. Men read too much into things because women are not clear enough. We don't have the luxury of knowing the thoughts behind a message, we only know what it says and we are left to work out whether or not there is a hidden meaning. It's obvious to women because they know their own intentions, but sometimes it's not clear to those on the other end whether a girl is being friendly or flirty. Making people guess leaves some people looking for meaning that isn't there and some people overlooking signals that are there.

What Guys Said 17

• Yup, sometimes some guys do. However, I, personally, tend to do it more if it's someone I'm particularly interested in. If it's someone that I see as just a friend and she's interested in me without me knowing it, I won't be reading into anything. If I'm reading something from someone I'm interested in, I might read a few sentences and think "Hmm, what did she mean, exactly, by that? Was she just kidding about that or was she really serious and trying to ask me something without actually saying it?" and stuff like that.

• Hahaha hell yeah, its a guy thing and if he cares, oh he's reading and he'll sit there for a while and then he'll come to the conclusion it means a certain thing even when the topic died off a hours ago, and a few minutes later he'll be going over it again in his head making sure he got it right haha, oh I know, thats me -.- But its because I care!

• its always annoying when a girl is overtly flirtatious and then expresses having no interest. Stop doing that...
    Text messages always make any guy feel good, especially if its from some girl they like. The with women is when they send these types of messages

"mhm k"
    "k..."
    "ha"

-_-

• Sometimes to much, sometimes not enough. Girls are shy to be clear in their messages and hints. Guys aren't psychics.

• Yes sometimes we do just like sometimes girls do to. 😊

• Yes, but only because we're accused of being oblivious (and often rightly so), soooo... we're trying...

• We don't want to. It's not even in our nature. But because of the mixed messages we get we never know whats up. So we have to.

• just like women We all do it. You can't really express what you're saying through a text and a lot is left for interpretation..

• I know do at times. A lot of the time is because there's always an underlying message to what a girl says or how she acts. It was like that with my ex. An example we all know. Guy: Are you ok? Girl: I'm fine. 10 minutes later guy receives an essay as to how he may have screed something up.

• When I like her and want to work out what she thinks of me, I'll literally analyse messages to try and work out if it's worth it. In most situations, though, not really :)

• No, not usually. At least I don't think I do.

• all the time... especially if we have hopes anything will sound like she likes us xD

• Nope I just asume all girls find me unattractive and not text them at all

• Sometimes? Lol nearly all the time, especially if I really like her. This is why I rather face to face interaction, so I can know exactly how she's reacting.

• Girls send messages?

• I'm like thi! I tend to over think things bad! It's a natural thing,

• Yes, which is why when girls flirt I always assume they're being friendly