How long does the typical "talking" stage last?

We've been talking for about 3 months now and we've grown pretty close. I am in deep like with this guy and he says im special to him. Problem is we haven't gone on a date. He wants to wait until he gets his car up and running. Maybe im overthinking but 3 months is pretty long not to be considered in a relationship or at least exclusive... right? Shouldn't we be at the point of telling others im not taken but im not single either?

Most Helpful Guy

• Three months may not really be that long, but if the two of you have mutual feelings, I don't see why there should be any waiting before going on your first date. I've been in situations where I was friends with a girl for almost two years before we went on a date. I've also been in situations where I knew a girl for a month before we went on a date. I think if the two of you really wanted to go on a date, you'd figure a way out, even if neither of you had a means of transportation. In other words, just offer to give him a ride this one time.

Most Helpful Girl

• When I was with my last boyfriend we talked for 3 and a half months before making it official. However the first two months I was in another state so we only talked on the phone then the next month and a half I was back in his state so we saw each other in person and talked for a month and a half before making it official

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• For me I talked for like 1 month. Then told him how I felt and then we started dating.

I honestly couldn't wait 3 months to tell the guy how I felt if I was really interested in him.

• When I met my now boyfriend we were friends and talked for 2 months before we made it official.

• we spoke for 2 months