Why are some short girls so SHALLOW?

Why won't SHORT girls give short guys a chance? On dating sites, I have often seen girls that are under 5ft and on their profile, the said they won't date a guy under than 6ft! Why would they judge a guy by height? And why won't they give a 5 ft 7 guy a chance since that guy is already a lot taller than them?
I am 5 ft 7 and only dated shorter guys but strongly prefer somebody around my height. 5'10 would be the maximum and 5'2 as the minimum.

Most Helpful Guy

• Sucks for them because I'm over 6' and I'd never date someone under 5'...

Not because of appearance but just because it'd be really awkward and difficult to be intimate if we were standing up like kissing or hugging.

• That's the reason why I rule out taller guys, it is because we would look awkward together when we kiss, hug, etc. Taller women and taller men look great together as well as shorter men and shorter women, that look cute together. Why can't it be this way and people won't give people around their height a chance?

What Guys Said 12

• As a man who is six feet tall, I would prefer a woman around my own height, if only for the convenience! Perhaps it's a status symbol for those girls. I don't know.

• I don't know, it's stupid honestly. Those kinds of short girls need to pull that hypocritical stick out their ass and stay in their lane.

• I KNOW right? It's strange seeing 4 ft 11 girls with 6 ft 5 guys. Does this mean taller women should get with shorter guys? This stupid evolution thing averages the heights out I guess.

• "I LOVE tall men"
      "Oh I don't know, I just like looking up to a guy and have him pick me up and carry me around (like a damn child)"
      " Tippy toe kisses!!!"
      "I don't want my children to be short, also he can help me get things off the top shelf"
      "Well men like women with big boobs and butts, so why can't we have a preference for taller men?"

• They're such midgets they gotta have a tall guy balance out their genes... then their kids will be short girls wanting tall guys and short guys who can't get laid.

• I guess that's why! And meanwhile taller women end up with the shorter guys producing short/average sons that want to find a woman and having trouble. But really? Short woman and tall man yields a short daughter?

• my cousin's husband's father was 5'6 not 5'11 sorry

• but yeah a 5'6 man and a 6ft woman ended up with a 6ft and two 6'3 sons and a 5'10 daughter

• Because they are SHORT... Short - shallow. you don't get it?

• I understand your point however, you are doing the same thing that she's doing. You won't date a guy over 5'10." You do realize that 5'10" is the average height for an adult male right? I don't see why height matters so much. I'm 6'1" and my only requirement for height is that she isn't taller than me (which I think is pretty fair).

• It's not, your guilty too for not dating any girl taller.

• Regardless of your reasons or motivations behind your preferences, the point is, it's still shallow. Whether you want it to be or not, it is. Your reasons make sense and are understandable but it's still shallow because you are Xing out such a huge percentage of males from your potential date list. I simply said "I won't date a girl who is taller" and I've never even met a girl taller than me before.

• Dude, taller men don't make up most of the population as well as taller women. You wanna criticize her for a setting a realistic limit? Unless you're ugly and fat or scrawny then a lot of women would be swarming you!!

• Bless your soul.

• Why thank you. Shorter men are awesome and I will always give them a chance.

• Around 5'2. He was so sweet.

• That's shocking. You're a unique one little lady

• There is no "why" in the sense of people being able to give a reason. Why do guys like girls with breats or long legs, or shiny hair, or anything? Biology points us all in various directions."The heart wants what the heart wants."

• I can totally understand a girl that wants to date a taller guy, but being said, a 5 ft 7 guy is already plenty times taller than a 4 ft 10 girl. Why won't she give him a chance but look completely like a midget next to a 6 ft 6 guy? I don't even want to date a guy over 6 ft because I will start to look out of proportion with him.

• @Eric644 exactly. If we're referring to muscles and beards then maybe biology but everything else is fed by the media.

• @izzybolden

If you read about sociobiology you'll read about the idea of a hyperstimulus. In other words if there is something that serves as a sexual attractant then more is better.

• That's honestly something I've never understood. I'd love to know the answer to that.

• Taller women give shorter guys a chance while shorter women are shallow and won't! Maybe tall guy and short girl or tall girl and short guys averages out with children so they won't end up with midgets or giants. Maybe shorter women are just greedier for taller genes or is it something sexual?

• And I understand why. I won't blame them. But a 4'11 girl dating a 6'5 guy? Come on. A 5 ft 7 guys is decently taller than her already and yet she rejects him without figuring out his personality or interests. I will always give shorter guys a chance and they dont mind me wearing heels. How cute! I envy that you guys are the same height, it is cute and perfect! I wish I could date a guy the same height around me, but most guys around my height don't want to date me!

• Oh really? Honestly, I've never known a woman that liked guys the same height as them. Maybe the reason that guys that are the same height as you and don't approach you is because they just assume that most women want a taller guy so they don't bother? It could be one reason. Honestly, I don't really mind if she's my height or even taller, but I generally don't date women that are taller or the same height because every woman I've met that was like that didn't have any interest because I was too short for them. Lol

• It's not just girls. Short guys have short man syndrome too.

• damn you wouldn't like a man who is 6'1?

• No. The height difference makes a drastic contrast. I also want to leave the taller men for the taller women. I think similar height is cute, convenient and looks good together.

• Because it's my preference.

• Your preference? And no influence whatsoever?

• And why do tall guys choose to date real short girls?
    It's madness.

by the way you're the first girl I've heard talk about this issue!

• Guys generally don't care or fuss about it as much as women do. Women should not cut possibilities out because of height. It is problematic when a 4 ft 10 girl even refuses to date a decent 5 ft 7 guy despite the fact that he is already taller than her.

• Go off anon and I'll hit you up ;) I looooveee short guys or guys my height.

• OK... done

• Had to add the word "some" so you wouldn't get called out?

Go on. Say what you really mean.

• Not all short women are shallow. Some of them are but most of them don't have a preference or eliminate shorter guys from their prospects. How would you feel if you were a 5 ft 7 guy getting rejecting by most women shorter than you because they don't think you were worthy enough just because of your height?

• ... how do you I'm not...

What Girls Said 7

• Napoleon complex. I'm 5'7 and I will find a man who is 5'7 just as attractive as a guy who is 6'

• It's good to see I that there are women like you around. Taller women tend to be less shallow than shorter women. Only taller women give shorter guys a chance while short women, even if the guy is taller than her, would not give guys under 6 ft a chance. What?

• I totally get what you mean. Short girls are just obsessed with the idea of a super tall man, it's just kind of strange! The guy I currently am interested in is an inch taller and one of my shorter friends said "oh that's not good" as if it were a deal breaker... if his height can really effect whether or not you like him then you don't like him enough in my opinion.

• lol! #generalisation167 where is the study though?

• I'm 4'11.5 and my preference for a guy is 5'8-5'11. I don't necessarily think it's shallow to prefer taller guys.

• But the guy is a whole foot taller than you. Isn't that awkward?

• @Eric644 I understand, but I still prefer guys who are a little taller than that.

• Oh well, I do prefer women to be 5'5 plus (yes I lean towards tallies more than shorties) and blonde but that is just a preference and I've dated outside that preference and found girls outside that preference attractive. As long as it's just a preference and not something required.

• I am 4 ft 11 and I prefer guys who are 5 ft 10 or 5 ft 11. :)

• Isn't that shallow? A guy who is 5'7 is already plenty times taller than you. Why won't you give him a chance? He may have a great personality.

• www.cosmopolitan.com/.../
      Look at this link.

• I wonder if there's the same code for woman to "appear their gender"

• Not all of them are like that

• I said some. I actually knew a 5" tall girl dating a 5"4 guy. They looked so cute together.

• Oh ok. nice to know you're not stereotyping

• My friend is like 5'3 and likes guys who are 6'3 or taller. She say it's so her children will have a chance at sports (i. e. basketball).

It's funny, cuz she makes him sit in pictures because she's so short compared to him (5'3). She doesn't even like that either 😕

• That's ridiculous. I know, what is the point of him sitting down and taking a picture? The hell is she trying to emphasize? Find some guy around her height, it may work out better. And short girl and average guys yield out average height guys. I rejected a guy that was 6'7 and 6'5 once because why can't they find someone their own height?

• And William looks perfect with Kate.

• actually when it comes to male heght, the mothers genes are stronger, so her sons will never play basketball, yet tall women and short men are more guaranteed to have tall sons than the traditonal tall man short woman, i read some research article and it said that men only have a 1 in 5 chance of inheriting their father's height genes

• I have wondered this as well.. not just short females but people in general. I know I know, people have preferences... but I'm like you. I'm 5'7" and have dated guys shorter than me. If he's nice, funny and we get along, then that's awesome. I don't really have any height limits to go off of, I just go out with whoever I like (granted they like me as well).