What's the biggest age difference you would date?

I'm currently in an age gap relationship and am curious to what's the biggest age gap you would be comfortable with in a relationship . :)
if you've ever been in an age gap relationship, what was the difference in age between you and your significant other.

(p. s just to clearify the poll is about the biggest age difference you would date.)

• 20 + years
  • 19-15 years
  • 14-10 years
  • 9-5 years
  • 4-2 years
  • Less than 2 years

Most Helpful Guy

• I was age 35 at the time i met my last girlfriend now ex and she was 18
    as long as a girls mature and legal age I'll date her , i can't see why
    people gotta judge peoples preference on the age they date especially
    if the person is of legal age.

Most Helpful Girl

• Up to 5 years older :) But really it depends on how you feel about each other. If I would fall in love with someone, it wouldn't matter. I have actually liked guys that were a lot older, the problem is I am underage and that would be a bit creepy :p you are in such different stages of your life and that is why I would wonder about what's wrong with the guy. But when you get to know each other I think it's different.

• Thank you for MHO! And I wish you the best of luck in your relationship :)

• @MissPoirot
      No problem! Thanks for taking time to answer my question :*

What Guys Said 39

• The best thing I have ever seen for figuring out the LOWEST age to date is:

half your age plus 7

I have figured it out for many ages and I def agree.
    but, there are exceptions to every rule. if it works for you, who is to judge.
    problem is when people fall in lust they don't always think long term. if your 20 or 30 and fall for someone 50-60, in 10-15 years that person is not going to move too quick. they are not going to want to go do many things a 30 or 40 yr old would want to do. do you want to do retiree things when your 30 or 40? people need to think of those things.

• That's my issue. I had a friend growing up and I remember he dad because he was so much older that he couldn't do much. I want my kids to have to active parents... is that shallow? I want their dad to be around

• @XXMochaDelightxX No that's not shallow at all. But different people age differently!
      My best friends parents have a 31 year age gap, the dad still does a lot of things with my friend.

• Alright then I will stay open minded. I just worry if I had kids about them not having a dad because I adore older men haha I wouldn't forgive myself.

• as long as i thought she was attractive and can hold a conversation with her, i have no such restriction.

• Age does matter in the long run. Marriages never last if the age gap is too big. I know that many people assume it can work, but once one of the partners turns about 50 or 60 then it becomes a huge problem.
    So for me 9 or 10 years age gap would be the max.

• As much as it takes for her to not be hot. If you are going to tell me that this lady being 52 and her son is 21 means something. Then you have issues.

www.dailymail.co.uk/.../...als-stays-youthful.html

• A qoute that i live by os Love knows no age or race. Now there is some wiggle room with how big. I dont ever see myself with a 60 year old. But someone who is older and that i really connect with. I would consider it.

• At my age people a few years older than me are a lot different in that they are more developed in their maturity and that they have different priorities and pressures in their life while people a couple years younger are also in a completely different life stage. Therefore I find that it's not very appropriate for me to date outside of that range in either direction. However in a few years things will be different and while I hope I don't wind up single with all my heart and soul if I did then I think it'd be fine to date people who are a lot older than me

• Basically for me 19 to 23 and that's a stretch. Probably I'd only be interested in girls 20-22 because I can identify with them as equals who have a similar level of experience with life and I wouldn't feel overly advantaged or disadvantaged.

• So the young are not equal to you?

• You're equal to me in that you are a person who deserves the same level of respect as me and who's just as valuable as me or anyone else but unequal in that an older person has power over a younger person in most situations through our experience and the way we're viewed by society.

• Not simple I'm 21 and would consider dating women aged 19 to 28. Although I think a woman aged 28 would probably just laugh at me if I approached her. This may be due to a démodé societal construct that men should date younger women.

• Not much at the moment for me. Can't date older women (even though older women like me a lot for some reason). Can't date younger women because they're still in HS and don't want something serious.

• 2 years in either direction.

• I prefer the age to be within 5 yeas +/-

• she can be between 18 and 30

• Right now, 3 years younger and 5 years older.

• the youngest I have dated was a 20 year old- 20 24 years

On the topic, age difference never worries me, the only thing that counts is you connect

• An interesting factoid. the actress in the original "parent trap" married a 51 year old when she was 20. However, her current long time relationship is a man 20 years younger than her.

My current girlfriend is 10 years younger than me.

• 5yrs difference preferrably

• I guess it depends on the person. My friend is dating a woman who is 12 years older and they are both happy.

• On the younger side, no more than 10 years. On the older side, no more than 18.

• So, for example - I would not date an 20 year old girl nor would I date a 49 year old woman. As I age, I may be willing to date an older woman. But at the moment, it won't be more than 18 years.

• I'd date from 18-25

• I'm 33 and I'll go down to 21 and up to 53.

• the most is nineteen years, me at 45 and 26

• I'm not sure

• I already see how the results are skewing :-)

• Probably 7 years

• I chose 10-14 years... even though it's closer to 10 than 14

• 14-10 years

• I wouldn't date someone more than 3 years younger than me cause I'm 21, and it would be awkward if I was daring someone underaged 😐 and I usually wouldn't date someone older than me either... lol

• I would date down to 21

• Youngest for me would be like 15. 14 year old girls are still young and I think it would be harder to relate to them. Oldest for me is like 19, mostly because it seems girls my own age want older guys so Im probably going to be dating young

• When I was younger I didn't like girls with whom I have a age difference bigger than ±2 years. But nowadays, I don't care about the age difference.

• I'm only interested in dating a woman that's much older than me so I guess 45-55, the reason being girls my age don't quite fancy me or find me attractive and older women tend to compliment me

• More from Guys
    9

What Girls Said 51

• I'm 17. The oldest I would date right now would be like 24. When I turn 18, it'd be more like up to 27-28. If he's one year younger than me, then I would date him, but if he was any more than that, then he can forget it. I am very mature for my age, so I need a guy that is mature.

• I've dated 13 years older (I was 28 he was 41), and normally always 5 - 7 years older... but now I'm all about younger guys.

I always said that I would NEVER EVER date a younger guy because I thought that it would make me feel old... but what I have found (after dating a guy that was 27 and since then several others that were 28 - 30) is that they are really mature - AND still "open hearted." They aren't jaded like the older men that I have met, who have had their hearts broken many times or just plain giving up on/ don't care about finding a real emotional connection with a woman.

• I have been in one, and it was about a 14 year age gap. I don't know if it was right or wrong, but I did feel as if he wasn't as old as he was, and infact didn't even look it, looked about 25-28. That helped too, I didn't know his exact age till a couple dates in xx

• 9-5 years is the biggest gap I would date. There is 10 years between me and my oldest brother and if I dated someone older than him it would freak me out a bit.

I'm with someone at the moment who is 4 years older, almost to the day. I think it's a perfect gap for us, we work well together and compliment each other. I bring out his playful side and he brings out my mature side. Between us we can be the correct mood for a situation. And it's nice to have an adult relationship with flecks of childlessness.

• my thing is same age- 8 years older so i picked 5-9.

• The oldest... he was 10 years older. The youngest.. he was 10 years younger. I enjoyed the relationship with the older man. But I enjoyed the sex with the younger man. I am now in a relationship with a man 2 years older. He is perfect for me...

• 1 year younger; 1-2 years older

• I have zero inhibitions about my attraction to men and women that are significantly older than myself. That said, interestingly, I am not that attracted to people even as little as 3 years younger than myself. Hmmm, age is not a factor for me.

• Never really thought about it, but so far the oldest guys I've pursued were 8-10 years older, and I'm comfortable with that if they are.

• I would probably only like a 10 year diff but two of my best friends are with guys 17 years older and they've been together a long time.

• 15-20 years old, but it depends on the guy

• 10 years older than me. That's it, no more than that

• I prefer a guy in my age group because I feel that there is so much we can accomplish and experience together while we are still young and free

• My boyfriend is 7 years older than me :p sometimes i like it and sometimes it makes me afraid cuz.. I don't know he has already a stable life and may think of marriage and i am still young. Yeah thats it ^^

• No more than 3 years in either direction. Gives me the creeps.

Older guys make me feel childish and I don't like that. Guys much younger than me make me feel old and I don't like that :p

• Less than 2 years is my preference. I've made exceptions in the past (which were all mistakes, in retrospect) and I'd make an exception in the future. But I'd rather not.

• Vote A= I have + still do date three decades older than myself.

Daddies grrrl right here xo :P

• 3 years would be the biggest gap for me at my current age. It'll probably change when I get older though.

• no more than 4-5 years. MAYBE 6 but that'd be pushing it

• but that'd have to be 4-5 years older than me. i would not date someone 5 years younger than me. not at this age. i'm not into 17 year olds. we'd be at two different points in our life lol

• At 22 I was involved with a guy that was 38.

• A maximum of 10 years older, or 2 years younger.

• I would date someone as young as 18 and as old as 25.

• I would date anyone up to 25 and anyone down to 17.

• One year younger and not more than 4 years older

• Never dated someone officially, but once I kissed a dude who was around 30, I was 14.
    He was pretty fucking attractive and he thought I looked 20, so...

• Like 10 years older.

• 9 years older

• Probably the most for me would be 5 years my senior and never anyone younger

• 4 years...
    __________________________

• I wouldn't date younger and the oldest would be 15 years my senior

• More from Girls
    21