Is red lipstick too much on a first date?

I love how I feel so confident in it, but I was wondering if it was too much. Here's a picture with it on myself... No rude comments please, just want your opinion on red lipstick :P

Most Helpful Guy

• It looks really good on you i like it , i think your very pretty <3 :D

Most Helpful Girl

• You look striking!

For a first date, I usually go for a more girl-next-door look. Trying to look good in a way that looks effortless. Like I'll wear eyeliner, clear lip gloss, and I'll put my hair in a ponytail.

But that's just my preference! If you prefer a more bold look, that's absolutely fine too. Wear whatever you're comfortable with!

What Guys Said 20

• This is one of those things that women can obsess about and drive themselves crazy and men REALLY DON'T CARE!

• No Its just fine I like it

• Any lipstick is always too much all the time.

• Its too much for every date in my opinion 😣 I really dont like red lipstick.

• You're gorgeous, so whatever you're doing don't stop it. Really, within reason, anything that makes you feel sexy and confident is more than just okay for a first date, its exactly what you should be going for. First impressions make a difference.

• If you are Not ok making out/banging, you might be sending the wrong signal.

• I actually like lipstick, so nope

• I say you're good to go. It gives a nice contrast to your skin tone and hair.

• No. It only becomes awkward for the guy sometimes when one overly dresses (including makeup) for a casual date where he isn't dressed up and wasn't expecting you to be as well.

• If you like it wear it.

• That looks fine.. at least your crush will be attracted

• I don't think it will make a difference on a date.

• i would say go for it, if you feel confident then that may help him be more at ease with you

• Fucking Christ. It should be the bare minimum requirement.

• Why is the lipstick color important?

• The kind of lips you just wanna bite and bite over again...

• You should go with something more lighthearted, like a gloss or rosy red colored balm

• Looks fine.

• I'd be thrilled with that look on a first date!

• Stewie from family guy says that red lipstick is for attention seeking jezebels but, it's just a cartoon, rightttttt?

• Right. A sexist and shitty cartoon at that.

• But don't you think there's a little truth in every joke. I sure do

What Girls Said 22

• nah it's not too much. it's a nice touch =]
    by the way i like the necklace stack. simple but classy.
    ur totally some kind of middle eastern aren't u? :P

• Thank you!! No! I'm actually just black and white XD Lots of people mistake me for being either middle eastern or Hispanic.

• no problem =] oh gosh well u totally look like one haha, my bad.

• It is so important to feel confident on the first date. If he likes it it's a bonus. if he doesn't like it so what? You are you. Guys like you for who you. You will find his preference later on on your style

• wear it if it makes you confident!!! It's annoying that these days more women don't wear lipstick, it wasn't long ago when it would be unheard of to leave the house without it.

You look stunning. Definitely go with it :)

• No, I don't think it is.

Looks fine to me.

Good luck.

• It looks awesome! You be you. If they don't like then they weren't meant to handle you :P

• You look fabulous! Don't worry what anyone else thinks -- do what makes you happy. 😊

• no way girl, you look good & you say it makes you feel a little extra confident !
    rock it girl !!

• Now it is great. Keep it up

• It looks good on you.. 😊

• You look absolutely stunning, but even though its a first date, keep your make up to a minimum, gives the more natural kinda look and from then you'd know what sorta guy he is, cause a lot of guys like the natural look :)

• I think its lovely. I dont find it loud at all. Actually its kinda subtle but still appealing.

• if you feel totally comfortable and confident in that red lipstick then work it

guys love confidence

• No! You look really nice with it on, so I'd say go for it! Confidence is the best thing you can wear. Always.

• no thats not too much! i think it looks great

• only if it's rouge COCO

• you look great go for it!

• I don't think it is. Looks nice to me

• I think its sexy!

• Depends where he is taking you

• I love red, I've been wearing it more lately. I like it on you as well, you look pretty. I say wear it, be happy and confident like you said. :)

• Red lipstick looks amazing on you.

• In my opinion yes