A 26 year old man dating a 16 year old girl?

What are your opinions? The couple have her parent consent so, YES, it IS legal. The man is not trying to get in her pants, and how "been... Show More

Most Helpful Girl

• It sounds a lot worse then it actually is. It depends on the people, really. He may be 26 years old, but act younger. Or she may be only '16 years old' but act way more mature for her age. If they mesh well together then both can contribute to the relationship, not just him because he's older.

I'm not sure if it makes a difference that the parents consent of this relationship, either way you should keep it on the DL until you turn 18 ;)

On your last part of people being 10 years apart. Yes I definitely know there are couples of big age difference. Like Hugh Hefner and Holly for main example. But then again, they are both older then 21. The years before that age you're still growing up and changing, after that, your lives are around the same level, you're officially 'grown up', holding down a place of your own, jobs, life, etc. You get what I'm saying? That's the only worry that would arise is that he is what he is, 26. He's doing all that, while you, 16 years young, are still growing up

Asker upvoted
    • Keeping it on the DL just indicates that the person(s) involved already know there's something not right with the situation. They need to be honest with themselves and with each other about why they are having their relationship. If they are having it to just be rebellious against parents or authority or because it's "forbidden", those are not good enough motives. If they are truly in love, time and honesty will keep them together. They don't have to be on the DL if they love each other truly

• The only reason why I suggested for them to keep it on the DL is for legal reasons.. nothing about their love. I'm not sure if he can still get jail-time if her parents consent the relationship or not, they'd have to find that out. They can still BE together, I'm not saying DL in the sense of them not being together, but for legal purposes, they shouldn't flaunt the age difference around

• As long as the age of consent is 16 in their state there's really no reason to keep it on the DL since even the parents can't do anything in that case. Most 'cases' you hear about are when one one of the 2 people has a picture of the other on a phone or something since then it's covered by Federal laws that are 18. But otherwise it goes to the state level and the age of consent.