How do you know if you are attractive, as a guy?

Girls know that they are attractive because people tell them. However, nobody really comments on the appearance of guys. Even when a guy is 6-8.5/10, it would be rare for him to get a compliment. As a guy, you need to be 8.5+ / 10 in order to receive compliments. So how are we, as guys, supposed to know how attractive we are?

Most Helpful Girl

• You will know because good looking guys are like social magnets. Girls will probably smile a lot around you, strangers will flirt with you. You'll probably find it easier to make friends, as well. I was once on a date with an extremely attractive guy, and the waitress at the restaurant only spoke to him to ask for our order, completely ignoring me, then openly tried to flirt with him in front of me. I think that's pretty much what it's like.

• Lol thats funny cause that usually happens to women like it did to my ex every time we went to restaurants.

Most Helpful Guy

• Simple. Society treats good looking men better than ugly men.

• *good looking people
      it works both ways with girls too.

• @kahokohino I know but the question was framed in a way for males specifically. But yes, it applies to everyone :)

What Girls Said 7

• I think girls do compliment guys. I dunno, maybe you notice girls looking at you often? Lack of rejection if you talk to them?

• when you have girls look at you maybe.
    when girl look at you and smile.

When you Confident in yourself! very important :))
    friendly, easy to talk to. yah that is very attractive but not like talk to random girls etc. i dont know... dont you have any girl friends?

• it s pretty obvious when you are gd looking. girls will give you more attention and I for example do compliment guys and no they don t have to be 8 and above for that.
    show us a pic and I ll tell you if you re gd looking :p

• Girls need people to compliment them because it makes them feel good about themselves. Guys aren't judged as much in terms of appearances. So even if you aren't very attractive you still have a better chance in love, life and pretty much everything then most not very attractive women. That's just how society is. So yeah I guess it just depends on how a guy sees himself

• General public consensus/reaction offline
    +
    the amount of super cute girls who agree to date & have sex with you.

• When a guy is attractive girls always find a way to reach him. Try to talk. Etc

• You can tell by other people's reactions whenever you're close to them.

What Guys Said 14

• Don't need confirmation, I AM attractive... and thats all i care about. Anyone that thinks otherwise... can kiss my left butt cheek...

• Girls will check you out and look at you, other men acknowledge you with a slight nod when you meet their eyes. Everytime you sit down or walk into somewhere crowded girls will stand/sit near you and try to catch your eye.

You then guage your attractiveness based on the attractiveness of the girls that do it. If you're getting girls you think are 7+, then congrats you're 7+.

• All the point you noted except "Girls will check you out " is kind of overlooking to me. People will sit near you irrespective of your attractiveness. People may nod you because they are gentlemen.

• @fermatote I'm in crowds every day and see it happen. Women universally pick to be near the attractive men even when they could be anywhere else in that space. On he train they avoid the fat slob in the corner even when there are 5 free seats next to him and would rather stand for 40 mins next to the handsome guy - usually trying to catch his eye with flirty body language.

There are obviously far more signs for a guy to guage his attractiveness, that's just one.

• The way you want to think. I noticed many times girls are without any reason standing in front me, crossing me. Its not like Im smelling so good, also again its not like they are so interested in me. Just imagine say you saw a very beautiful girl, are you going to stand next to her or you will be intimidated by her. Again this behaviour will vary from people to people.

• @archiz gives you lots and lots of compliments!

• Approach girls, lots of girls, and u will know.

• Go to a gay bar. There people who think you're attractive will approach you.

• you have an overwhelmingly good sized dick
    you have a lot of money
    you have a good body
    either of those 3 factor in quite a lot nowadays

• You put up your profile on tinder or wherever.
    People usually "swipe" those who they feel are in "their league".

• I don't know. I'm average looking whatever that fuck means with society, so whatever magical number society gives me is pretty much what I look like as an average guy.

• You have to keep wondering like a school girl so that we get even more chances to hit on women

• i know how because i know that i am attractive, and lot of girls stare at me and smile at me

• We rely

• When I even hear guys complimenting me.

• I think guys naturally dont complement other guy directly. They may not say "dude you are hot" etc, rather they will say "you can easily get girls", "you are stylish" etc etc.

• @fermatote not that exaggerated of course

• When you get attention from the ladies.. when a girl that didn't have to talk to you talks to you.

• This sounds harsh but it is very simple. Do you have women approaching you a lot? If not then you are not attractive to most women. The reason guys think women have a problem approaching a guy, is because those guys aren't attractive enough for women to want to approach them. Women approach guys they are attracted to all the time. The fact is attractive people get approached, and unattractive people have smoke blown up their ass being told things like they intimidate others, or that the right girl will come along eventually.

If you aren't in the top 20% of guys, most women won't be physically attracted to you. In that case you most likely won't be attractive to women until she is ready to settle so she can get other traits like a relationship or a father for her children. This generally happens when the woman has a kid or two, and has gotten old enough that she has gotten a lot more desperate.

• I think women approaching a guy, its quite a rare scenario. Or by approaching you meant hitting?

• @fermatote Women approach attractive guys all the time. Or at least they do it enough that if a guy is attractive he will know it. Women just don't approach the majority of guys, because they find the majority of guys unattractive.