Why do guys lift their shirts up when speaking to you?

why do guys lift their shirts up while talking to someone? I saw my ex and he kept lifting his shirt up while we were conversating but eventually stopped. Im not sure if he was just being a douche or trying to impress me. Guys suggestion?

Most Helpful Guy

• image.shutterstock.com/.../...ground-104837825.jpg

If you are talking about the "casually pull up my shirt and rub my stomach/abs" move, it's just what you think it is - showing off to get your attention.

It's a male equivalent of a girl putting on a push-up bra and a really low-cut top and then either leaning forward or intentionally laughing to jiggle her boobs - it's saying "here's what I've got - do you like what you see?"

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know really... But I have noticed for some time that "I" have been doing something similar haha😯!!! And no, not showing my boobs... But for some reason if I'm standing up and start a conversation with Someone, for some odd unknown reason, in the mid of the conversation, I slip my hand in my shirt and I touch my stomach o. o and just feel it like trying to find something there.. And slowly I'm lifting up my shirt!! I'm not at all trying to show off or turn someone on by this haha.. I just started doing this and I didn't even notice it until someone pointed it out...

So from THIs weird experience I' have came up with a plausible theory... Maybe they are feeling their abs? And then just suddenly lift it at some point, with nonreal intention to show off or try to flirt and such.. Just simply something.. And in the end nothig really at all.. As far as a meaning goes... But I could be wrong... Maybe guys have a different reason 😯!

What Guys Said 17

• Conversating?

I do it to show off my spectacular ab's, duh :P If there's a mirror around, I like to see how it looks... Is that so wrong? Sometimes I like to get human female feedback too.

• Aye everybody trippin about my Grammer lol i know its conversing but i say conversating teehee =) Well, his abs r ok but nothin to brag about. :/ I was just like "uuhh" in my head cuz he never did that before so im thinking he was like "dont u want this?" Lmao!!

• Never seen it and never heard of it.

• Either way it sounds douchey to me.

I'm voting douche on this one.

• Never heard of a guy doing that unless he wants to show off

• Most guys that do that are just showing off lol.

• "Conversing". Being a douche. Never fails watching these idiots attract low caliber girls while the higher caliber get annoyed by it.

• I know its "conversing" i just dont give a shit lol chill on proper Grammer itz just social networking dude. But no i just felt weird thats all.

• Grammar. Don't address me like a bro. You should feel weird if there is more to you than a sack of meat.

• To show their abs or get some fresh air if it's hot.

• Just a dumb-ass assin-ass assclown.

• I have never done that. I have seen a guy do that once while talking to a girl, no idea why.

• I'm usually showing off so

• I do not lift my shirt when I talk to someone. lol I do tend to move my hands a bit

• Coz ABBS

• Lol, sounds funny

• Who does this? I'm presuming he's trying to show off, but that's pretty dumb...

• Huh? I've never done this before.

• Because they want you to rub their bellies.

• Lots of guys do it at my school.. Gotta show of the 6 pack

What Girls Said 3

• they want to show you their body

• Guys do this? Where? Dang it that never happens to me!

• Either showing off or you're making him hot ;)

• Lol i love ur answer girlie👌👍