He rejected me because I am short?

Have happened first time and I am shocked. I thought guys like short girls? I am 164cm long and met a guy last week. He is Swedish exchance student, it is the first time I have ever told I am short. In my country some guys think I am too tall for their taste but WTF wrong with swedish guys?
He wasn't taller than 180

Most Helpful Guy

• To be fair you are not too short, for a girl, anyway not all guys like short girls, it's just that guys are rejecting much less on this base, but it's his right to do that, and lets fact it, one of the main reasons that you wanted him in the first place, is because he is tall. Guys usually prefer girls who are shorter then them, but if they are too short, it's not a plus.

I mean "let's face it".

Some swedes remember their viking heritage, and want her children to be big and strong, I guess, also he is used seeing tall girls in sweden, so he find you short. :)

Swedish guys act like girl

Most Helpful Girl

• I think we women get told things early in life to make us believe that what we have is good enough - when it isn't always the case.

I grew up believe that guys liked short girls, and blondes were more attractive. That was a boost for me, since I was both. So you can imagine my surprise when my first crush in highschool refused to date me, but went with a black-haired girl. I was stunned, thinking that since I was blonde I should have just had my pick of the bunch.

Well, we all have types, and guys will have their "thing" if they like taller women or different colouring, or whatever. I have my type, and never dated men that weren't my type because they just didn't do it for me in the looks-department. If I said anything about it, I caught grief from they guys I was turning down, who told me I was missing out on some good guys.

That's fine, I agree there ARE good people out there, but if someone just has a certain preference, there is nothing you can do to change them, and they can't change you to be what they want. We just have to accept that our style or look just won't do it for everyone, or just anyone.

What Guys Said 12

• I don't know how tall people are in cm, but most guys love fun-sized chicks. I do. Like I literally just popped my first boner of the day thinking of the words, "fun-sized chicks."

However, if everyone was into fun-sized chicks, it would be a very sad world for taller girls. Just try to be happy with a majority and don't dwell on the minority.

• It was his way of letting you down easy which did not work. It had nothing to do with you or your nice night. It was because he did not want to date you for what ever reason he had.

its not nice bc she can't change it.. i think its bc he meant it. lots of guys prefer tall women. esp in sweden. women are average like 5 8 compared to 5ft3 in u. s. .. many are 5 10 & over.

@AriadneSky do you live in sweden?

I meant that she has a nice height. She is not really short.

• Maybe it was just an excuse because he wasn't interested. Or maybe he genuinely has some fetish for tall girls.

• Yea good for him and its good that you are shocked. Should happen more often to level the playing field

• you were not his type, but this doesn't mean no guy will like you because of your height

• u are not his type
    the end
    some girls reject guys who are short too :p

• You're short at all to him.

He might wants a tall wife to have a tall son instead of looking like himself

• Nope it's a personal choice, not all guys like short girls. I want them to be above 5'5

• Would you date a short guy? :p

• 164 cm = about 5 foot 5 and half inches that's great to me. I think the guy is a idiot.

• Some guys prefer short, some tall.

There tends to be a bias one way or the other that varies by country, I've heard Sweden there are more pro-tall guys, but not all there. In my country there are more pro-short guys.

What is pro-tall and pro-short?

I think it is true even most of them reject girls under 170 or so

which is surprising to me, because girls being below 170 is generally a mild plus here.

• Welcome to my world, honey! I am 5'5 and get rejected by lots of women (I bet a majority of time it's down to my height).

What Girls Said 8

• I dont think it have anything to do with nationality, my boyfriend is Swedish and I am 157cm.

That guy is just not good for you.

Well, it is 10th question about height and swedish guys. Is it coincidence that all height related rejections of girls are from swedish guys? I don't know :D

@Veganice Then I would wonder if its from the same guys. I think everyone have their own preference.

I dont think he is the same guy. I heard that most scandinavian guys prefer tall girls so they have bias to tall girls. But rejecting only because of height sounds dump, anyway

• a lot of guys like tall women. just like a lot of women like tall guys.

Well i live in US and here, most guys said they prefer short but I dont know Sweden.

• Probably some guy with a chip on his shoulder. His loss.

• He's odd no one cares.

• That has never happened to me even though I am 5'2. I've only been pursued by really tall men all my life. That sounds really strange to me. I thought men didn't give a shit.

A wise guy once told me in a pub (this isn't a joke real shit man)... nature works in ways that makes short women generally go for tall/really tall men... short/medium sized men tend to like tallish women. It makes sense... if you take into account that the human height would be a lot more varied.

• he rejected you because he found you unattractive, not because of your height, most men actually prefer shorter women

i thinm in sweden it is on contrary...

@Jamesol1 are you swedish?
      Well attractionvise it make sense but why they are so extremelly obsessed with height? Yup height makes a woman a little bit more attractive but it is that much. There are many attractive short girls too.

I think you just met the wrong guy

• J√§vla svenska killar!
    It is the 10th question that girl is rejected broken up with due to height. And guess what is common, swedish guys. Simple. I think feminism made them feminized and they act like girl. :D Normal hetero guys dont care how tall the girl is.
    I live in US, luckily guys are normal here

• Ah honey.. Swedish guys are gay and attracted to males. 164 is short for a guy, dont be sorry :/
    Try heterosexual guys ;)