Is it bad that I'm into possessive, dominant cavemen?

Don't get me wrong, I want to be respected, I'm not into being shamed or called names but if I have a boyfriend and he tells me to change my dress before we go out, my heart will definitely melt. Sometimes it gets confusing because I'm an independent woman, yet I want a man who can make me cook and clean for him but still call me beautiful.

Most Helpful Guy

• Most girls want that, they either don't know it or are too proud to admit it.

I see no problem with admitting this. I'm just confused as to why people think of it as bad.

Truuuue, it's weird though. I've always pictured men as a source of protection but when I see girls aggressively reacting to any male action I feel out of place.

It makes them feel weak and unequal in some aspect

Most Helpful Girl

• See, it's "cute" in THOUGHT. But that's it.

I know in your head the thought of a guy telling you to do x, y, and z sounds appealing, but the reality often turns out to be far different from the fantasy. Guys who need that much control over you likely don't trust you, don't value your opinion or feedback, and frankly I don't get everyone's kink for possessiveness. Possessiveness turns into intentional isolation in my experience.

Of course, that's not all cases, but it seems like it's a little too romanticized for me to see the appeal. But to each their own.

What Guys Said 16

• No it is not bad at all. Actually it sounds like you want a confident dominate man that loves you and shows that he loves you by being possessive. Which is an easy way to show that he loves you. However with you being independent your actually probably just looking for a man that is confident, knows what he wants and will tell you. Who is not afraid to show you that your the woman that he loves. Most independent women only like a man who is dominant in bed. If you are independent then you would not like him being dominant because that takes away most of your freedom. Do you actually want him to MAKE you cook and clean while he sits on his ass or do you want a man to ask you to cook and clean for him but will help you with it. Now there is nothing wrong with roleplaying but I'm sure that you don't want to be a dominant man's maid all the time. Because that is what happens. Also if you wore a dead he did not like a dominant man would make you change.
    Is it bad if you really do like being submissive no it is not. That is part of who you are. I don't mean to kind of step on your dreams but I just had 2 female friends break up with some very nasty dominant men and it was and is not pretty.

• Lmao. You want a dom.. simple and sweet. You like being told what to do because it makes you feel feminine.

• It's a pretty common desire among girls your age. Just make sure any guy you find like this is a responsible dominant and not just a control freak.

• Could end up biting you in the ass some day.
    I think a little possesivness is fine but there is definitely a line that beyond which, it starts to become dangerous.

I know, that's why I'm afraid. I'm afraid I'll be mislead or blinded by my preference for possessive males.

• its not bad, its great in my opinion.

May I ask you why? I'm just intrigued to know more from male pov.

@JustJas

I'm gonna swoop in and explain this to you with extreme levels of armchair analyses, but it'll be better than anything most men you ask this question towards will tell you, so read carefully.

The "male pov" you're talking about is a rare excuse for men to actually feel like men. Men are massive, eggshell-treading pussies in 2016, myself included, because we have to be (not unless he's super rich and can get away with it). If a young man isn't a massive, eggshell-treading pussy in 2016, he's afraid he won't get laid and is afraid people will look down upon him. Now, modern men convince THEMSELVES that they actually aren't doing this, but they are.

The reason the whole "daddy fetish" thing exists is essentially a way for you, as a woman, to act out traditional, 1950's-esque gender roles, specifically in bed. And for a man, it gives him an excuse to shove himself inside a free hole and actually feel manly as he's doing so (even though the fetish is dumb).

There's your "POV."

@RexCatholicissimus "but it'll be better than anything most men you ask this question towards will tell you"

saying that your subjective opinion is more valid or more correct than the subjective opinions of other men in this question. LOL ok buddy.

"Now, modern men convince THEMSELVES that they actually aren't doing this, but they are."

keep generalizing buddy. the fact that you do shows the OP that you are a pseudo-intellectual with no credibility whatsoever.

• Well you're Algerian, so I'd imagine that's a pretty common practice for you to feel this way.

Also, there's a big difference between being "shamed" and "called names" then your boyfriend or husband casually telling you to put on a new dress before going out.

• as long as he doesn't mistreat you, what's the problem?

You're right but everyone warns me that this kind of relationships end bad.

It can but doesn't always.
      If he likes to take charge, and you like that behavior in a guy, let it happen.
      Any guy who has the slightest decency knows that taking charge doesn't mean disrespect or be nasty. And very few men want a woman who won't put her foot down.
      Make it clear that just because you like a man to be dominant, that does not mean, for a second you will tolerate being treated poorly.

• It isn't 'bad,' but definitely risky. Strongly possessive and dominating men are often abusive and don't have that softer side you described, so you'd need to be discerning about who you get involved with

• Yes, it's bad. You'll get cave men treatment.

• It may be difficult to find someone who will strike that balance for you, but everyone has preferences and this is just yours, so own it

• But there are no cavemens anymore

• Naw, we all have our preferences.

• All girls think like you

• you're an independent woman at 17? is this a real account?

I am, well you see... I live with my mom and I pay the rent from my two part time jobs, I jumped two classes as well and I'm working to get a scholarship, and I raised my little brother more than our mom did. I'd classify myself as independent woman.

• Did you rip this off my question I just posted minutes ago about would a women date a caveman and secondly it was more looks then behavior.

No... No, I didn't take it from your question. I'm sorry if it sounds like it but I just answered your answer because it intrigued my interest. That's all.

Well mine was totally looks related

• so, you want a "daddy"

I had a daddy kink for so long, but yeah... I'd definitely call my man that if it doesn't bother him.

No she doesn't, she wants what women have wanted since human existence. Stop trying to bring your modern, self-justifying, post-feminism retard terms into it.

oh, she def. wants a daddy. she wants what her dad gives her. what woman doesn't?

What Girls Said 4

• Its not bad if you enjoy that sort of relationship. It's your preference and if it makes you happy then that's ok.

The only downside is you'd have to be careful you don't attract a controlling , emotionally and mentally abusive man

• Then my ex boyfriend is right for you 👌🏻

• Whatever floats your boat.

• I guess not, though I don't understand it.