I love him so much, but I'm so tired

My boyfriend is perfect in every way when it comes to the two of us, but their is another girl in the picture. She was just a close friend to both of us, but then my boyfriend told me he loved her as well. The two have been just like a couple ever since. I couldn't bring myself to try to forbid him to talk to her(which he said he would do if I NEEDED it), because I didn't want to hurt either of them, and ruin the friendship we all had. But, I'm tired of being jealous and of sharing him emotionally. It has been about a year of this, and I can't ask them to stop hanging out now, as they have gotten even closer. I love him so much, but it seems like my only two choices are deal with it or leave, because I can't make myself ask that of them. What should I do? I need him, but I need out of this to. And would having none of him really be better than sharing?

He is always loving, wants to spend tons of time with me, never leaves me wanting for attention, puts me first, is a complete goofball, and is all around everything I ever wanted. We never even fight and have been together for nearly 2 and a half years.
Thanks for all the answers. I'm really sorry their was no possible way to make the question show the entire situation or the people involved. :) He is no "douche lord", no matter how funny that wording is :P And I'm fine for now.

61

Most Helpful Girl

• oh my lord, this is mildly depressing. sweetie, as much as you think you love him, you don't because before you can love someone soooo much, you have to love yourself genuinely as much first and if you're letting him do this to you for sooooo long then you don't love yourself. he's a douche lord ( sorry, its hard to swallow I know). this is a bit harsh but you've GOT to let him go. you're waaaay too young to get THAT serious with a guy that's creepin on you in plain sight. she's a terrible friend to you. and he's a terrible bf. get out of that relationship A.S.A.P. plzzz :(

• I completely agree with you. Age may be just a number, but you have to tell yourself that you're mature enough to get out of a situation like this at your age.

• Look at the comments I sent to the person above you if you want a more full explaination...

• I did. (after nearly and year and a half though). Thank you for the good advice.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 1

• listen your to young for a serious relationship. you may not understand that of even think I'm wrong. from now to you 23 your going to be completely different and a relationship is only going to hinder your growth as a person.

• Yes, I do think you're wrong. For one example, my own mother started dating my father when she was 17 (my age). They are one of the happiest and most goofy couples I know. I'm not saying everyone could make a realtionship work in their teenage years. Far from it. Most people can't and shouldn't. But I am in a serious relationship, and I'm not sure if it will last, but I know it is horrible to write off a relationship simply because of age.

• Hey I had to tranfer university to get over an ex. its not easy. I didn't say it was

• I finally broke up with him a few months ago. I should have done it back when I posted this. Thank you for the good advice.

What Girls Said 5

• Look, this guy is playing both you and her and you're sitting there letting him know it's okay to treat you like that. Obviously, you want his affection for the other girl to end, otherwise there would be no anger/jealousy. You may love him and THINK you are his soul mate and you are his, but part of love, is being blind. You're right, it isn't about age, but it is about fairness and respect, and your boyfriend is by far, not respecting you. He can't love you and the other girl and be monogamous, there is just no way. I honestly believe you should end things with him or tell him to cease all contact with the other girl or you'll be the one in pain in the end and wishing/regretting you had done so sooner. It always ends up worse when you purposely blind yourself and telling yourself things will change. It almost never does.

• Just keep in mind, every time he kisses you, you're kissing her. Every time, you look into his eyes, he's thinking of her. There is NO such thing as a soulmate and a high school girlfriend at once with two different girls, that's a player. Wake up.

• okay because he said he loved her as well, he shouldn't be hanging out with her. you have every right to be mad/jealous. if you care about him that much you need to tell him that he needs to choose between you guys. you deserve better! good luck!

• Making excuses for his actions will only make you hurt in the end, no matter the situation. He loves the two of you and hanging around the other chick more than he should be, that's explanation enough. It's your life, you do what you will, ruin it how you will, but don't ask advice if you don't want it.

• Where on earth did you get that I wasn't wanting advice? All my update did was say I wish that it was easier to write about a complex situation, because I honestly left out a lot that put me in a bad light and him in a much better one just for the sake of easy explaination.

• You probably need more than a few days apart to observe his behavior. If you step back or step up, people show their true colors and the truth comes out. But sitting there doing nothing will only waste away your life while they're laughing and smiling in your face. I don't know you, but I don't think you deserve to be hurt like that.

• You can PM me if you wish to further discuss it, since this is getting a bit long

• how is he putting you first though if he also loves that other girl?

• HIs words - I'm like a soul mate while she's like a normal high school girlfriend.

• Are you stupid? Why would you WANT a guy to treat you that way? You are begging for a heartbreak and honestly, if you stay with him, you deserve it. It's best to stand up for yourself than not stand at all. Go ahead and let him control you, you may as well kiss the other girl's feet cause you just became both of their little b****

• Lol, so so so true. I was and stayed way way to long. I guess laughing at it now is the best thing to do though. Now they are a couple and I think I just found a guy who will treat me a lot better. :) (And if not I don't intend to put myself through hell for a relationship again. Their is a big fat line between working for a relationship and just making your own life miserable.)