Do girls say "Hey, You!" to be flirty?

WARNING: Potential stupid question, but please, cut me some slack! ;)

Like when a girl is getting to know you better and she greets you "Hey, You" (calling you "You" instead of your name). And she definitely knows my name because she calls me by it sometimes. But recently we've been talking a lot more and becoming closer, and I noticed she says this to me in person and in texts. I know it could mean absolutely nothing...but do girls often use this when they are flirting, or if they are interested?

Most Helpful Girl

• I mean, it really all depends on who she's talking to. It also depends on how she says it. I know that it can be used as flirty, because I sometimes say it to guys. But don't always take it as a girl is trying to flirt with you because I'll walk in my house and my mom will say "Hey, you". And I'm pretty sure she's not flirting. It all depends. Just interpret it right(:

What Girls Said 6

• It depends on how frequently she says it. Like, if it's to anyone, no it's not flirty, but if she's only saying it to you, than it's a good chance she's flirting. Also, the tone of voice says a lot, although, it's extremely hard to tell in text messages. Pay attention to how she says it in person and the people she says it to.

• hm..some girls do but I don't, I say that to people a lot but there are some girls that mean it in a flirty way,it depends on the tone of her voice...but that's what I think I hope I was helpful :)

• It depends on how she says it.

• i think it is all my friends use that on guys to be flirty

• yea that's definitely a flirty line

• How come it's a flirty line ? it's just hey you nothing big LOLs

• Well its actually all in her tone of voice so I guess ur right lol

• yeah its flirty

What Guys Said 1

• That's a good question. I definitely think it is slightly flirtatious when they say that. "Hey there" is the same. Time to move in, son! lol