How not to be intimidating toward small women?

Hello. I'm 21 and I am a little bit tall (6 ") and muscular (200lbs).

I feel a strong attraction to girls of small size (more or less 4'11"), I like their small size, its very cute. Every time I see a little woman I want to take her in my arms! But the problem is that I look intimidating, they seems so small when I am next to her. I am strong and my hair is very short (I look like a fighter MMA). I think they are often afraid of me, but I love them!

So how should I approach little women, how to make them comfortable with me? Its rare to see a very short girls with much taller/bigger guys. Girls would you like be with a man much much much bigger?

Most Helpful Girl

• i'm actually 4'11 and I am quite submissive. I naturally feel more comfortable around guys like you. Course if you came up to me without me knowing you and tried to take me into your arms I would be freaked out lol

Otherwise, if you just came over and said hello, that would be a good start. Not all girls like bigger guys- just the way it is. There isn't a magic way to act that will get them all ;)

Just be kind, and respectful. Try not to act too cocky otherwise you'll come across as a player and that's a turn off.

What Girls Said 19

• I like guys with your kind of body type because they are so much bigger than me. Makes me feel protected. I love knowing that if I was ever in some sort of trouble that my man could kick someones ass for me if needed. I know I'm not the only girl that feels this way, so don't worry about feeling intimidating. It's hard not to initimidating at your size.

• omg I used to never like really tall guys, but reading this kind of made me think they're adorable! hahaha

I'm 5'5" tho, so I'm not a tiny girl, but I love when guys have a badass exterior but a super sweet personality. So just try speaking softly, smiling, acting kind of happy and upbeat, and being really gentle. I've heard a lot of really small girls love really big guys.

• I have to say, I am very attracted to large, buff guys. But I'm too afraid to flirt with them. I don't even like it when one of these guys get too close because I'd feel cornered. Whenever one of these large guys get near me, the diameter of my personal space gets a lot wider. But typically, if I find out the guy is actually really nice, I'll feel comfortable enough to be near him.

You just have to be careful and take it slow when trying to ask a small girl out (or any girl for that matter). It's a weird sensation for us girls...to be both afraid and attracted to someone. And try not to talk too loud if you have one of those booming voices because from our perspective, it feels like we're getting yelled at.

• Oh yea, and typically average guys are easier to flirt with. Large guys...well...us girls tend to be wary of them. Sorry. You guys are just pegged with a bad stereotype :(

• How to make eyes contact with them? because there is a girl in my class quite shy, every time I try to approach her or talk to her she looks down and sometimes she turn red also.

• LOL wow she sounds like me...

Smile. You must smile. For some reason, some large guys will look at a girl intently but forget to smile. We find that both confusing and scary because when the guy has no expression, we don't know if he's looking at us because he likes us, or if it's because we have food stuck in our teeth.

If a girl is shy, just pretend you don't notice how shy she is and continue to chat normally. eventually she'll get used to you and open up.

• I love guys with your kind of body. It's so funny how opposites attract! I'm small, (5' 1") and I'm a sucker for tall strong men ;). For small women that seem to be intimidated by your size, be gentle. Example: Don't crush her little hand, intertwine your fingers in hers and let her do the hand holding. That way you're still being romantic but she isn't worried you'll pummel her lol jk :)

• I am 5'4". My boyfriend is 6'2". He is twice my size and I love it.

I always liked tall guys, but what go me with him was his gentleness. Though sometimes he does treat me like a china doll that will break. I've always been the tough girl type, so that kind of gets my ego a bit. On the other hand, I am not touhy about being short (everyone always calls me shorty or something along those lines).

I like it that he is bigger and stronger. I also know he would NEVER physicly hurt me. Gentlness is the key.

• Dont stand to close to them first of all it just makes us short people feel shorter, and besides its creepy. Smile and laugh a lot (but not like your high) And be a complete angel, and never ever ever say something about the womans height or anything of that nature

• Never ever say someting about her height even if it is a positive comment?

• Never, then if you end up dating the womean then later on you can say "o by the way I always thought your shortness was cute" or something like that... but for now, nothing!

• I don't think you should worry too much. I'm 4'11 myself (very tiny) and I know many girls my height who are very attracted to tall guys. Personally though, I like a guy who's around 5"8-5"11 because Iove to dance salsa, and its tough to do with such a tall partner.

But other than that, maybe try to talk to her while sitting down so its not too intimidating. Also, speaking for myself, I don't mind a tall guy...as long as he's lean. I tall and really buff man is intimidating. Just approach her with sincerity and make sure she sees your caring side though and it won't matter

• 4''11 is really small.. hahha I don't think there is a way to make them more comfortable with you. Just find a way to become friends with them, talk to them how you would talk to any normal girl. Befriend them, get to know them, go on dates and see where things go.

I'm 5'2 and I've dated a couple tall guys before (6'0 +) and sometimes it got a little awkward. I dunno... I'm attracted to tall guys 5'8-6" with a nice built.

• sure why not. it doesn't matter if you're huge, the key thing is personality. if you're approachable then I'm sure a girl who's short will be attracted to you. good luck =)

• Haha this is cute :)

Personally, no for me. I once had a crush on a guy, but the minute he stood up I was like 'Oh. Cancel that. Nevermind.' He was like 6 foot and I'm like...5' 3" -.-'

It really depends on the girl. I wouldn't date an extremely tall guy because it hurts my ego (lol) plus I want to easily have eye contact with him and I'll only achieve that when we're sitting.

If it really intimidates them, get down to their level or maybe do activities that show off your amazing height (i.e. basketball or helping them get something that's out of their reach).

Good luck :)

• i don't see any reason why they would be intimidated unless you are just flat out scary looking and extra extra aggressive. I mean I'm only 5'3 and I like my men tall and kind of muscular...(or just tall.lol)...im sure you will find a short girl who likes you just the way you are and who isn't skiddish because what we lack in height we make up for in spunk and attitude.lol.

• if bigger as in being muscular then YES ! definitely ! But as in fat then I guess no..Well I'm myself 5'8, but I think that its cute for short girls to date tall guys too...It can look very cute too... SO my advice is never never ever mention about their height..Instead compliment on something else like their hair, smile, etc..

• It's all about not coming off as aggressive. So just act calmly and don't talk too loudly, then it should be fine.

• i'm 5'1 and I've always liked tall guys! you have nothing to worry about. frankly, as long as you are not fat, but in shape you will be fine! good luck!

• me personaly I like when I can rest my head on a guys sholder when I hug them it just feels right. but I'm also 5"4 so most guys are about that size.

• Awe, you are so sweet. I am 5 foot tall & tall men are a little intimidating to me. The best way to be less intimidating is to be kind & friendly. Try to smile, men can be kind of intimidating when they have an expressionless or mean look on their face.

• Aww. This is cute. I'm 5' 1" and I don't know if I'd date someone that tall. Maybe.

I think the best way to reduce the size issue is to sit down when you're having a longer conversation with them. And please, for the love of God, bend down so that the girl can kiss you? I dated someone who was probably just 5' 9" or 5' 10" but it still hurt for me to crane my neck up. ;_;

Also, if you're going to be friendly and teddy-bear like, make sure you don't get yourself friend-zoned! For me, I see a tall guy and I know I don't have a chance with him, so when he teases or hugs me, I always just see it as friendly and nothing more. Be careful of language that would say "just friends!" (Stuff like, "You're so adorable, You're like my little sister, You're like a baby, Hey kiddo!")

• I like big guys because they make me feel protected. I'm 5'1" 106lbs and one of my ex was 6'1" and 213lbs. He's literally doubled my size. I wasn't intimidated by him at all. Try to put up your smile when you approach small girls and say something funny (dorky? =P) or use a softer tone to talk. That works on me. As long as you get a girl to laugh, then she'll feel much more comfortable with you.

• yesssss

What Guys Said 5

• dude your gonna have to talk to the girl because she will never talk to you. I'm in your exact situation. girls will find you attractive but will be too scared to say or even hint anything, and even with the first conversation she may still be scared sh*tless. but she will open up eventually. a situation happened to me recently where I was at my college about to go talk to my counselor and there was a girl sitting across from me who I could tell was checking me out. I started to talk to her but while talking I felt like I was carrying the conversation and assumed, oh I guess she isn't that into me. then she was called in to see the counselor. she actually said goodbye to me when she left the counselor, but I still assumed she wasn't that into me. I was then called to see the same counselor. the counselor then told me the girl that was just in here kept talking about me and I was like what? she likes me? she barely helped out in the conversation. then he told me "your 6', muscular, and black, you scare the crap out of her but she thinks your an amazing person".

• It's true. Women can be really attracted to a large, muscular man but never make a move or even flirt because she's intimidated by his size. I tend to get nervous around really large guys too even though I'm tall. (Well, tall but extremely small-boned. Think runway model body type).

Typically large guys have to prove they're extremely nice and non-dangerous before women will feel comfortable enough to talk to them.

• I have a similar problem, but it's not because of my size. For some reason I intimidate women and it became a big problem when I became a manager.

The advice that I got from my personnel department was:

Speak softly,

Smile more,

Wear a pink shirt (dude - I cannot make this stuff up!), and

"Chit -chat" before talking about business.

This did actually work. The other side of the issue is that it can be extremely helpful under certain circumstances to be a bit intimidating. E.g. at an airline check in counter for an overbooked flight, and some women would ask me to walk them to their car in a dark parking lot.

Good luck,

Dan

• Haha yes you are very scary. No, I don't belive this for a second your are the biggest sweetie I have met in a long time.

• Once people get to know me: absolutely.

For reasons that no one can explain... the set of my jaw? Confidence? Eye contact? I tend to intimidate people. True story.

Thank you for your kind words.

• dude be like a huge teddy bear to them they will fu*king love you!

and be sweet to them that's what intimidating people lack fyi

• im a little shorter but I am bigger and women seem to like the size. your muscle becomes their muscle.

• This one really made me chuckle :O)