Is it wrong to ask a girl to hang out over text message?

So I asked this girl I know if she wanted to do something next Saturday over text msg. her responds was "not sure lol", I responded with "well then when are you sure about it? lol" I've yet to hear back from her for about 2 hours now, so should I just assume the answer is a no, or a maybe? So was it that I asked over a text message or what?

Most Helpful Girl

• I normally do not mind when someone asks me to do something over a text message. Have you talked to thiis girl before or is this the first time? She could be busy doing something and will respond with time...there is no need to get worked up over the fact that she has not texted you back. If she does not responded by the end of today simply send her a text saying "so this is what I am planning on doing on satuday and I would love it if you wanted to join! just let me know when you can so I can figure everything out, if not we can just catch up later!" that way your putting it out there and if she still is standoffish then let it go. But by saying what you have planned it is more direct and it lets her see what her options are and makes you look less needy! hope this helps!

• Yeah we were texting back and forth for like 2 weeks or so, once in a while though she would just stop texting randomly still wondering what's up with that, Should probably ask. Like sometimes we've been texting back and forth for like an hour, then all of a sudden no responds at all, then I text her something like 6 hours later or so, cause I sorta want to talk to her. It starts up again just like she didn't just stop or anything, then it happens again.

What Girls Said 4

• It's cool to initiate a hang out over text, but I'm pretty sure she's saying no.

• maybe she's shy? maybe she's talking about it with her friends asking them what she should say back? hahah its not bad to ask over text.

• don't write her off yet, I often read a text, not know what to say and forget about it for hours. even when I genuinely like the guy it's just I don't mean anything by it

• I wouldn't assume anything yet. She might be busy. If she doesn't respond then you should ask her when you see her. I wouldn't mind if a guy asked me out over text message. I would prefer if he asked me face to face. I think it's easier to talk over text or MSN because your not face to face so you might not be nervous. But asking a girl out face to face shows you have a lot of confidence because it is nerve wracking.

What Guys Said 1

• usually if they say 'not sure' its because they don't want to hurt your feelings most of the time, although she may generally be busy and may have forgotten to tell you. speaking from experience.

• Well I sure hope that's not the case cause she had said we should hang out...but who knows lol