What does it mean if a guy kisses your hand?

This guy and I have known each other for a little over a year, but we've been talking a lot for the last three or four months. We've hung out in person maybe three times (so few because I go to school a few states away). Last night, he came to pick me up to hang out with some of our mutual friends, and he dropped me off last. I was sitting in the back seat and he was in the front. I could have moved to the front, but I was afraid to seem so eager. I'm really kind of shy. When we got to my house, he put out his hand as if to shake mine. I gave him my hand and he kissed it.

Does he like me? I mean, would there have been any reason for a 19 year old boy to kiss a 19 year old girl's hand other than a romantic interest in her?

Most Helpful Guy

• It seems to me that he definitely has an interest. Maybe he's just gauging your response to the hand kiss before laying it on the line. Was he being silly? Just trying to be funny? Did he do it in a dramatic way like with a lot of bravado? How did you respond?

• He's usually kind of a silly guy. But he seemed sort of mellow at that moment. I just smiled and said, "I'll see you soon, I'm sure." And then I got out of the car.

• If he does it again, and you're into this guy. I would say something funny like, "You missed," and see where that goes.

• That's actually a really good idea. Thanks for the help!

What Guys Said 3

• I think youve figured it out already. He was just just trying to be romantic with you. Maybe since youve only seen each other a few times, he probably figures going in for a first kiss is going to catch you off guard. He wants to show his interest in you in a gentlmanly way without coming off too strong I think

• Very romantic. Seems like a good guy. Definitely interested in you as more than a friend.

Good luck! ;)

• aww-that's-so-sweeeet:)-I-like-the-"you-missed"idea:)))-yeah-he-likes-you

What Girls Said 0