Do guys care if a girl is anorexic?

And doesn't eat?

I've tried everything to stay skinny healthy but it never works so it's a year later and basically I never eat and if I do eat, it's once a week and a piece of toast or an apple.Do guys care?At least I'm skinny lol

I don't care for the lectures.I asked if guys care you all could have put yes or not and that was final.I don't care if you think its unhealthy or whatever.my body

Most Helpful Guy

• your all a bunch of sick fks then should get smacked to the floor and id like to beat the hell out of all you lot that tell her to stay skinny don't be bloody stupid don't starve yourself to be skinny because you will be come ill and the more you do it the more ill you become and won't be able to pick up from it why don't you just eat and gain some weight and then excersise daily and properly to keep your weight and a good level that way you stay healthy and skinny not ill I think any guy who wants a girl to do such a thing obviously is wrong in the head and needs a kickin any girl who thinks starving themselves to death is attractive then your an idiot the only thing your going to attractive is the prat guys that will use you for sex and nothing more than treat you as a tool if you think your clever then your shallow and pathetic and a disgrace to girls out there who have respect for themselves my answer to your question is yes REAL MEN DO CARE WE TAKE PRIDE IN A GIRL WHO HAS RESPECT FOR THEMSELVES THE ONLY GUYS WHO DONT CARE THAT YOUR MAKING YOURSELF ILL ARE THE ONES WHO ARE FKING JERKS ANY GUY WANTS TO ARGUE WITH IT BRING IT ON IL SMASH YOU DOWN WITH WORDS ALONE FKING LOOSERS GET A LIFE AND ACTUELLY HELP THE POOR GIRL BECOME HEALTHY You SICK FKS!

• While you seem a bit over wrought, I sympathise with your intent.

• omg) let me just ask one little question:) ARE YOU EXTREMELY FAT PERSON WITH THE GIRLFRIEND WHO EATS 50000000 CALORIES PER DAY and happy with that?:)

• who are you asking that to and if its me then no I'm not fat nor skinny I'm perfect weight for my height and age and my last partner was the same because she kept to a good diet of food a good amount of fat and salt level in her food and kept healthy its not even hard to do any of it an still eat I think its pathetic that you lot coax her on to make herself ill this is a site for helping people not be complete twats

What Guys Said 67

• Your right it is Your body.My personal preference is an in shape girl that likes to eat but works out. This doesn't mean She has a super model body. Its all about living a healthy lifestyle, and for my preferences, I eat 4000 calories a day, I think it would be impossible to date someone that didn't eat at least half of what I ate.

If you ever want to talk nutrition, losing weight and getting in shape while eating I'd love to help. I've trained girls who thought the only way to stay skinny was to not eat. I trained a 100 lb 5"6 girl for a year. She gained 20 lbs, she went up a cup size, got a bigger booty, a nice flat stomach with oblique lines.

If you want to talk friend me, I'd like to help if you want it, if not then You got my opinion.

• Listen, you really wana know what guys think, sure the skinny chick models are hot but we KNOW no body ACTUALLY looks like that. We don't expect girls to look like that, if you've been anorexic for to long, your body consumes all its energy stores, including both fat and muscle. Meaning you become so thin its NOT attractive anymore, Even the natural healthy looking fat in your breasts gets consumed, the overall appearance looks sickly. And as far as guys caring, yes guys DO care. Honestly its so selfish that a girl will want a certain figure that she deprives herself like that! Do you have a boyfriend? What's he say? Are you truly so selfish that you don't want to go out to dinner with your friends? I know that no matter what I say you won't change your habits, So not only do guys care about you and your health, because we want you to be safe and be OK, a guy will also care about your figure, and hear me now, a woman at a healthy weight is FAR more attractive. A man will also care about your emotional state, and the fact that you apparently think your fat is really quite depressing and the actions you have taken because of this are selfish

• I say go ahead and pig out. You'll be happier as a jolly fat woman than as a starved waif.

• Yep, I care.

On a side note though... studies show that eating actually helps you stay skinny... as opposed to not eating. Just food for thought for you.

• Dude what the sh*t. Eat something. Not only is that dramatically unhealthy, that's just nasty to look at. Really ribs protruding does not do it for me. I'd rather a girl have a little more meat than less.

• Anorexia is a disease. A clinically diagnosable disease. Do most guys care if you have that particular disease? Well, like any disease, it probably depends on how bad you have it. It also depends on the guy. A lot of guys are pretty disgusting, I'm afraid, and are attracted to self-destruction, especially if it comes in that particular form.

I think the problem is that it's hard to tell what you're asking. If you're just skinny, and you don't eat too much, and you feel that it is comfortable and natural for you not to eat too much, then certainly some guys are attracted to skinnier women, and some are attracted to heavier women, and some, like myself, tend only to be attracted to fairly athletic women who are neither skinny nor bulky.

If you are truly anorexic and starving yourself to death... certainly, NOT ALL men are attracted to women who are anorexic. Yes, I'm afraid that some men are. Those that are genuinely attracted because of the anorexia are undeniably disgusting people. As I say, it is undeniably disgusting to be attracted to someone's sickness, and I don't see how you can get around that when you ask the question.

If you are asking, on the other hand, whether a decent guy could be attracted to an anorexic woman in spite of her anorexia, which I think is the real point of your question? Well, then my answer is that a perfectly decent guy could certainly be attracted to someone with anorexia. Absolutely. Just not BECAUSE of her anorexia. All the same, for decent guys, anorexia is fairly likely to be a "turn-off," just not a "deal-breaker."

• Your short answer is no,guys don't care if their girlfriend/wife or potential has anorexia.all you had to say was no

• I feel the Asker is making this seem so difficult as it seems.

• Well, she's obviously sensitive about it, but give her the benefit of the doubt. The question seems innocent and sincere enough, just not clear. Look at the answerer comments following the posts of "KarKingJack" and "irishandproud." Those users do (justifiably) view the question as legitimate and worth replying to.

People have gone so far as to prejudge the asker's motive, and I think that is silly. Who the hell knows WHY she wants an answer to HER question? It is HER business, not ours.

• There is no guy that likes to f*** a bag a bones. Why not try eating healthy and working out rather than starve yourself. Your metabolism is getting so f***ed up right now, your going to regret it later.

• I just want to back up what I said before in that the "toned" looked that almost all girls strive for comes from having a combination of low body fat percentage and high amount of muscle (for women). When one starves themselves they lose a disproportionately high amount of weight from muscle mass compared to losing it by heathier eating and exercise - giving them the "bony" look instead of the "toned" look. When men say they like skinny girls what they really mean to say is that they like slender girls. Girls that we can pick our teeth with don't appeal to us.

• "Do guys care if a girl is anorexic?"

Since being anorexic can lead to death, yes we do care.

• I think its disgusting, personally. (you asked)

its like being with one of those holocaust victime you see on the documentaries about WWII...

... or, some whacked out coke fiend... or a cancer victim.

honestly, I refuse to feel sorry for someone who won't eat. They deserve to die in my book.

do you need classes?

"This is food... you EAT it..."

"EAting, is the act of mashing food with your teeth then letting it slide down your throat"

this is natural selection at work, in my book...

• Fine,if I deserve to die,then I will

• i can't believe someone would F**king die to be skinny. WHAT THE HELL HAS BECOME OF AMERICA.

• Uh its not what has become of America. Its actually about the backlash against the feminist movement of the 1960's and societies attempts to stifle women by making them feel inferior.

• Whether or not you are anorexic, this is a control issue for you.

You are anorexic (or claim to be anorexic) because:

A) it is something over which you alone can exert control;

B) it elicits an emotional response from others, affording you another degree of control;

C) you can choose to manipulate the people you interact with by giving or witholding information, or designing your counterresponses to elicit a desired reaction, thus giving you - more control.

Of course, I know you're not going to provide a meaningful answer to this, as that would be something you would interpret as relinquishment of control, but I would find it interesting to know the cause(s) that led to this effect.

I won't bug you anymore after this.

I hope you live long enough to get your head screwed on straight, learn to enjoy life and then live long enough to savor that experience.

Good luck.

• anorexia people are worse than fat people

• I think that if I was your boyfriend I would care very much that you were putting your health at risk, anorexia is a very complex condition and the problem lies within you, guys are happy if their girlfriends are happy but I suspect that if you are honest with yourself you are not happy. I would urge you to get some help

• From the update, I can see that the asker doesn't really care about the answer to her question at all. However, I will still try to answer it, for the benefit of people who are reading this...

There are many different types of guys around, some of them are nice and some of them are assholes. Unfortunately, the latter seems more common. Personally, I would care if the person I was going out with was putting themselves in this sort of danger, because it means that they most likely have self-esteem or self-confidence problems. I would still love them but it would be a constant worry, and it could honestly drive some people over the edge if the girl doesn't do anything about it. I also think that being extremely thin would also remove any sexual feelings I had for her.

Not trying to lecture the asker here, but... While anorexia is a voluntary decision to not eat, it IS a clinically recognised disease and it IS known to be fatal most of the time. You see some really screwed up pictures of anorexics sometimes, and I often wonder why they bother when it is so obviously completely messing up their health. However, I understand that some people do it because of personal issues and I sympathise with that. Just remember: Super small sizes, for example size 0, are UNNATURAL and A MAJOR TURN-OFF for nearly every guy on the planet. The emotional love may exist, but the sexual feelings will not.

• mind your own busines

• sorry honey but if you wanted us to mind our own business then you wouldn't have asked.

• totally agree with you JKLivinLily

• I think it is gross when I can see a girls bones for me that is way too skinny!

• I'd rather have a girl who was mentally and emotionally stable but overweight than one who was thin and had mental issues like that. For the record, my preference leans toward girls who have full or athletic figures. I don't like delicate-looking physical features. I think it's a turnoff.

• I dont' find anorexia attractive at all.

• Yes: mixture of turn-off and pity.

• Being anorexic is really unhealthy. Girls that eat LOOK a lot more attractive than girls that don't eat (or eat extremely little)

• LOL. Guys on GirlsAskGuys care. Actually, everyone will care, because anorexia is a big thing, you know? But hopefully they care compassionately, not y'know. 'Thats disgusting.' Hahaha.

Anyway, I dated an anorexic ^_^ Although she had managed to get over the worst of it and get eating by the time I met her, so it wasn't something I had to like, be part of. I have weight problems too, but not something whack serious like anorexia. But yeah. I quite like it, actually.

• I'd actually like to add to anyone reading that QA clearly isn't just 'trying to justify her disease'. People are giving her the most snotty f***ing answers I've ever seen. If your gonna be a bitch, its fair to expect a bitch back. You don't f***ing rat on people with cancer, do ya? You don't f***ing rat on people with diabetes?

Fuck that sh*t, man. The people of GAG are capable of some real bullsh*t sometimes.

• Thanks.every now and then I see your answers and I find you an interesting guy

• Yeah? Lol, awesome. Thanks.

• Well if you want it in black and white then I'm sorry to say yes, but you should realize being skinny shouldn't be your only way to get a guy to fall for you. You should want him to like you for who you are. Anorexia is a real disorder (learned in school) and you can only ultimately help yourself. Although I'm sure there are people in your life that would help you along the way.

• Yes, guys care. Guys are attracted to physical traits that make a woman look healthy and fertile above all, which is why we are very attracted to physical beauty above all else. And being anorexic is even worst than being say 50 pounds overweight in that regard.

• Yes we care, we would encourage you to eat or get help. And so what if you don't care, what you're doing is dangerous. Lectures is what you're going to get.

• Guys do care but not in the way you'd think. For me, I'm just as unattracted to bone-thin girls as I am obese girls, I like a woman with curves, something to grab on to, especially thick in the but and thighs. The skinny obsession is just a cultural thing in our specific society.

• Stupid question

• anorexic girls are gross. Seriously look at magazines like playboy, maxim, fhm. do you ever see anorexic girls in there? no. no guy likes skinny anorexic girls. I can't believe the way girls in america have been duped into thinking that's what guys find attractive. so put some meat on that ass and get that big badonka donk butt going on. that's what we like baby.

• hmm yes I do care, how you can live by just eat apple in a week.

• Annorexic girls are disgusting, no offence. If you're so self conscious that you can't even eat food... Disgusting.

• Yes I care. I don't want to worry about someone I care abouts health. Is it really worth it just to be skinny? You must have absolutely no self worth. F***ING EAT SOMETHING. That's not cool.

• Yes. It's not healthy and if my girlfriend was anorexic I'd be very worried and I'd lose a lot of sleep worrying about her and worrying that she'll be OK and worrying that maybe it's my fault that she has issues with her image.

And also, skinny is SO NOT attractive. Slim and toned, yes, but if you're anorexic you're going to be skinny, not just slim.

• More from Guys
    37

What Girls Said 49

• For starters I will say to "Anonymous User",DONT ask a question,if you are not prepared for all types of answers from ALL angles. DON't tell folks not to lecture you. Doing so is very ignorant being that you are confessing to have a very serious disease that is BOTH psychological and physically damaging. YOU posted the question,so if anything you should be kicking yourself in the ass for even asking it and expecting only YES or NO answers. That actually shows how dilusional you actually are,and further explains why you should seek HELP. I'm not railing on you,however,people in the right frame of mind KNOW that anorexia is not cute or attractive. YOU are hurting yourself in everyway. So after reading your responses to some people, I've just got to say,Step Off, and calm down that attitude. You're super defensive about it because you know you have a problem and you want people to give responses that are enabling to your disease.

Yeah,im not a guy,and No I don't care to answer this silly question. No I'm not mean,but honest. I'm going to finish my kit kat and pizza,have a good one.

• Ack you only is like once a week!?! that's crazy... sorry I love food=P. I've asked many guys what they about very skinny girls, the answer is alwasy the same... men love curves! They don't want a bag of bones, but someone with a little bit of meat on them at least, when a girl orders a steak over a salad it shows they have a good appetite. Unless you're happy eating the way you are that's OK, but you should still stay healthy, plus only eating once a week screws up your body metablosim and sometimes makes you gain weight, because you're starving your body of healthy vitamins and carbs it needs so once you take that away it freaks out and stores as much fat as possible. But uhhh chyea curves like Beyonce's are sexay;) Plus if a guy supports anorexia he's a shallow, insecure dimwit with no life, so eat a burger! A guy should love you for you, not your body weight silly.

• Guys care more about your mental state & confidence more than what you look like. I can understand wanting to be thin and attractive, but eating once a week? that's a bit extreme. If you are so uncomfortable about yourself that you would starve yourself, no guy is going to go for that. Be happy with yourself, the person you are, before worrying about what guys think. Even if you get a boyfriend, his love for you can never replace your own love/respect for yourself...you will be an empty shell who has tricked herself into thinking she is happy. Appearance isn't everything. Be confident and embrace the true you, and guys will love you for that.

• Okay. I'm not going to lecture you because I know it's not what you're wanting, it's your body, your choice and you probably don't care what some random girl on the interent is saying about anorexia. But I don't think a guy would be keen on it. They would be concerned about you and I think a guy would prefer you to be a little chubby than dangerously underweight so if you want a boyfriend then you will have to start eating. I know how you feel because I've been there before. But with a little help from those who care about me I am now at risk of being overweight lol.

• A guy that truly cares about YOU as a human being most certainly would be bothered by that. If you just so happened to come across a guy who did think it was OK and did nothing to help you because all he cares about is having a skinny girlfriend, well then that's no guy worth sticking with... Besides, being anorexic is unhealthy and you mentioned that you are doing all that you can to stay skinny and healthy...and by eating so little and so spiratically, you're messing up your metabolism, which is a big contributer to how your body works when storing the energy and fats it needs or doesn't need... You need help... And yeah, I lectured... But you put it out there..

• girl being anerexic is not fun I know that for guys that can be a turn off and if you have to starve yourself to stay skinny, there is something inside of you that you need to look at, and true beauty is inside, true beauty is not weight, there's a way to be skinny and healthy without starving and compromising your health, and when you don't eat, your body loses nutrients and its harder to loose weight that way. you should have all your meals everyday and you should also be having your protiens, veggies, fruits, wheats etc. I think you get the point.

• Yes. Yes they do.

Guys want someone healthy.

And generally speaking, most guys prefer a soft body. So a bit of chub is always nice.

So if your showing classic signs of anorexia: I.E., constantly tired, skeletal like appearance, weakness...a guy won't really go for you based on appearances.

Guys generally don't care what you look like so long as you look healthy. Being "skinny" doesn't really matter in the long run for them.

• Men can be shallow, but hopefully not to the point where they put their girlfriends in danger.

If nothing else, they won't want to put up with that kind of drama. It's a mental disorder and you'll end up in hospital for ages with people trying to help you get back on track.

Men are genetically programmed to be shallow because beauty used to be a sign of good health- a women with good skin and a decent figure would be a suitable child bearer. Now that standard has been twisted and girls think it's good to starve themselves to appease men. Being underweight is just as bad as being overweight. All men I've talked to hate the anorexic look. I'm a healthy weight and have never had any big trouble with finding a boyfriend.

I get that none of these replies will change your mind but you asked a question, the members of GAG only want to help, and we're doing our best (well, most of us).

I know, I know, you wanted a one word answer, so mine is YES. (Frankly, if he doesn't care, he doesn't deserve you).

• So you don't want lecture so I won't give you one, but from what I've read and it's a lot. Men tend to want women tha look "healthy". That doesn't mean superskinny or fat, it just means healthy in proportion to that particular girls body. Also men Have different ideas of what beautiful is on a women, you can't please them all, only one, and if you can't please him then he's not the one.

• Sorry but that's gross. It's NOT attractive for all your bones to stick out and be as skinny as a pole. If you want to be skinny then eat right (healthy food) and work out. If you only eat a piece of toast a week then honey, you won't live too much longer. People need food to survive, and just eating one piece of toast or apple a week doesn't cut it.

• Yes they do. If a man really loves a woman, he wants her to be healthy. You could die from anorexia...

• If they care about you they darn well care for sure.

• i recomend telling seeign a doctor or a guidance councelor about your anorexia. for most guys, if they really care about you then they would be concered about this. but if theyre just in it for other reasons then they wouldn't care at all hope this helps

• The answer is YES as you now know. The vast majority of answerers would care.

Why?

There's two possible endings for an anorexic girl:

a) You get help and learn to control your disease, which recquires medical help and support from your family, friends and boyfriend.

b) You die.

That's it. No other ending happens. An anorexic woman over 30 is unheard of; why? Because they die before hitting thirty.

Now obviously a guy is going to care if you are affected by a disease that could lead to your death. If he doesn't he's asshole.

Would you care if your SO had cancer? Presumably yes,because you'll be scared for him. It's the same thing.

I don't give a sh*t if you don't want lectures, that's what you get and that's what you need.

You should have expected it when posting the question.

Get help,girl <3

• some guys care, yes. Some guys will say wow, she takes lousy care of herself! Not a keeper! So what if you're skinny? You're unhealthy therefore undesirable.

Other guys just want a bang so they dont' care if you're unhealthy or not...

Some guys hate the typical I never eat on dates girl...

Other guys like the unhealthy so they can feel better by trying to rescue them and or keep them unhealthy so they feel better about themselves...

Question is, what guy do YOU want? A healthy guy will want a healthy girl. NO question.

• Ok, I just have to answer this question again.

People on here are acting s though their "words of wisdom" are going to change a persons eating habits.They aren't.If someone is ana or mia, your words,especially over the internet,mean nothing.Nothing you say will stop this girl from starving herself,nothing you say will make her "eat a burger/pizza" Nothing you say matters to this girl, people suffering from ana won't even listen to nutritionists and therapists let along you people.I'm not encouraging her, and neither is the anon girl, but if you don't understand this mindset, then you are in no position to talk about encouraging or not, because clearly you lack the ability to comprehend that she isn't going to have an epiphany because of y'all

• love you and your answer!:) good girl!

• you've made a friend in the world and that kick starts your motivation to continue.

So whilst, yeah, she probably won't listen to those who tell her to stop, encouraging her is not the wisest thing to do. Yes, men like skinny girls. But a man worth anything would prefer a girl to treat herself and her body with respect and eat healthily.

• Did I ever say "continue to starve yourself?"

No, all I said was take a multi vitamin, that isn't encouraging her.It isn't as though me giving her a lecture will help her, so I won't waste my time doing so

• honey its good to be skinny but not that skinny. you need some professional help that is not good or healthy for your body at all. If you want to be skinny, healthy and attractive to men, I say eat 3 meals a day, exercise everyday and get really fit! there's no need to not eat to be skinny.

• Its not heathy though sweet heart and it could really do a lot of damage it also slows down your metabalism. Guys like girls who are heathly. you should be eating 6 small meals aday and regluar exercise and drink lots of water put please don't over do it. please get help I'm sure you'll worry lots of people who care for you.

• Thats TERRIBLE! Go eat a nice, extra large by yourself and down it with a 2 litre bottle of pepsi or something! Please!

• As much as I disapprove of her current diet, you're not exactly offering a healthy alternative here, everlastingbc. Under certain circumstances, going from eating nothing to eating a lot can actually kill link

Also I don't think downing a 2 litre bottle of pepsi is ever a good idea :p

• haha, I know - I didn't actually mean it like that, I'm just basically saying to eat something in general. I completely understand the importance of a complete and balanced diet plus excerise, people just shouldn't take that too seriously

• try limiting yourself to 500 to 600 calories a day you'll stay thin and healthy...best way is to just hit the gym not starve yourself...being unhealthy makes you more vulnerable to diseases and sickness and if your body doesn't have the strength to fit off these bugs you could die.

• I know exactly how you feel trust me I'VE BEEN THERE. You probably think if you eat your going to be fat, its not going to happen! Everyone needs to eat it's part of living if eating made you fat everyone in the world would be. I bet your not happy either are you? I used to sit at home in my room all the time being sad and thinking if I just lost ten more pounds I'd be happy but the more weight I lost the sadder I got and the fatter I felt. I'm not trying to lecture you at all but I'm just promising if you find some friends who care about you you'll realize that you don't need to be that skinny and believe me you'll be so much happier. Please consider this I was like that for like three years. I don't know what brought me to overcome it but my life is so great now I've never been happier. <3

• damn girl sounds like you need some love in your heart for yourself. who cares what guys think!

• Stop worrying about men and go see your doctor, your very poorly anorexia causes all sorts of problems and doesn't look nice! I get its hard for us younger women as all ever see or read about is how thin celebs are and how amazing they look but that's not what real men want! You need to eat to stay alive! Sort your problems out with help from your family, friends or doctor before you even think about what a man wants!

• In order to lose weight you must eat. Your skinny but you may not have any strength or muscle. The healthy way is the best way plus you might just have a bad self image of yourself you must cherish your body.There's nothing wrong with wanting to be fit but honestly your just hurting your body. I bet your body is crying out its asking you to feed it its crying for some food you might have control over your body but your hurting it. that's really sad same with large people either or its abuse. self neglect. I feel sad for your body. Goodluck child

• Because that's just nasty. From what I know, guys usually like girls with curves and don't want a handful of bones when they hug or touch you. people like people who eat. I used to kind of have the same problem because I wasn't really eating much fatty things and was running and working out all the time, so ik from experience that guys don't like that. so id suggest eating something before you get really sick and die, or turn into nothing.

• Im gonna tell you right now I used to be anorexic && swore on God && heaven that I was the cutest thing. But I never got any play with guys UNTIL I gained my weight back. The ironic part is I thought guys likes skinny, bone thin girls, but they don't girl. trust

• I think a majority of men would rather go out with a women that is overweight rather than anorexic...

• love that's not good I did that once they had to feed me through a pump eat least once a day you could die buy yes guys don't like it and plus who gives a flying f uck what guys think there guys

• I was EDnos and although it felt great to me to be skinny I get a way better reaction from guys now that I've gained some weight back. No lecture, just my personal experience.

• Most people tend not to like someone they love slowly committing suicide so they'd steer clear of you so they won't have to go through it. Seriously get help, I had an eating disorder for 8yrs and it's the most miserable way to live.

• More from Girls
    19