5th grader dating 8th grader?

My younger sister is wondering if that would be "ok" she is the 8th grader. The guy in 5th grade is taller then her (5'6") and he is mature. What do you think?

Most Helpful Girl

• When I was in 5th grade I was nine, and than in 8th grade I had friends that were 14, so 5 year age difference. I think that would be pretty wrong. Plus how the schools are worked from where I live, 5th grade is in a elementary school while 8th grade is the last year junior high (middle school as what we call it). To me that's not right. And plus a 5th grader dating? Honestly who does that? I believe no one should really date until they are in 8th grade. I think she has a few years to go in my opinion to even be wondering about dating.

• he is 11 and she is 13. and also when were you in school? everyone is dating in 5th grade!

• ya they are some of my friends siblings are in 5th grade and they keep telling be who they are going out with and stuff.

• That is still really gross. At that age you don't know what dating really entitles. You don't even know what it means in the long run. And why would you want to go out with someone 3 grades below you. That means IF they are still even together when she's a senior, he's going to be freshman. That's just not right AT ALL

What Guys Said 1

• HAHAHAHA thanks for the laugh. But seriously how can you "date" when his balls haven't even dropped?

What Girls Said 5

• First of all a 5th grader should not be dating. Yeah I did it, but wish I would of enjoyed my childhood.

• I say no...I wasn't even thinking about dating at 10 ! lol Times have changed...

• Wouldn't that make her 14 and him like 10? No. That's plain wrong.

• Ugh 5th graders don't know what love is

• That's disgusting.