Dating with poor eyesight?

I'm legally blind and wear THICK glasses. I cannot wear contacts, and no surgery will help (I have a rare eye condition).

This has not made my dating life easy. I have trouble seeing girls' expressions and can't read body language. (I can't see faces unless I'm up close). I also bump into things. Some of the girls I've dated will guide me, but they don't like it. They also ask questions about my glasses and how well I can see. One even took my specs off and asked if I could see how many fingers she was holding up.

What should I do? What do women think of dating a legally blind guy?

Most Helpful Girl

• In my case, I can overlook those kinda things and you still can see, but not that well...

...dating people with disabilities would mean putting more effort and I guess there are girls who aren't up for that kinda challenge since they'd want a more "traditional" (I guess you can call it that) date scene like the guy picks her up and they drive to some fancy restaurant, he puts his hand on the small of her back to guide her and then they take a walk or something. . . . . .

well, don't lose hope. There's someone there who'd overlook your problem :)

What Girls Said 3

• I think we're a match made in heaven! :D

• i don't think that's a really big deal

• so you'd date someone who can't see without glasses and barely with them?

• wow that sucks, I'm sorry you have to deal with that. imho I highly doubt I would date a guy like that unless he was extraordinarily attractive to me in some way. sorry. :/

im sure there are girls who would overlook that with no problem, though, obviously, you know that since you have already dated some! lol its not the same, but a girl I knew when I was in high school dated a deaf guy. he was pretty cute actually but he was born deaf so it was pretty bad. she knew sign language though.

• why do you give the guy false hope? you don't think all girls woul be saying the same thing that you are saying?

• no I don't because I'm not all girls. the example I gave was for a reason. I probably wouldn't date a deaf guy either (dont know sign language) but there are girls who would and do. not everyone shares one mind, jack. plus he has already dated some, so he knows its possible.

What Guys Said 2

• To be honest mate, I think you will find more mothering girls being attracted to you. There are plenty of girls who would see past your condition (its only a small thing) and besides you wouldn't want anything long term with a girl that didn't.

You might have to put yourself out there a bit more, but there are definitely people who would date you!

• I am going to be honest with you, because I hate people giving people false hope and sugar coating their answers, which in fact do more harm than actual good.

It is going to be reall really hard, I honestly think only 1 to 3% of the population would want to date somebody in your condition. Women and people for that matter want people that are in the best possible condition (unless she has some weird fetish) and if you are the only guy with you condition in between 8 other guys who are not, you will be picked last.

However you "can" increase your chances by learning how to attract women and flirting with them. There is plenty of that stuff on the internet some of that stuff its really good, I have tried it and t has increased my chances.