I asked her out, she made it a group thing. Should I still go?

I asked out this girl who I thought for sure would say yes. All the signs were there and even my friend was saying so and he usually doesn't pick up on this stuff. Well, let's just say that when I asked her, she asked who was going, and when I said just me, she said oh and said let's make it a group thing. So yeah, rejection.

Now she's trying to make it a group thing and I don't really want to go now. Should I just not show up? How should I interact with her?

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on who's in the group. I agree with you that it's most likely her turning you down for anything you're interested in. But if she has some hot friends you might be interested in who you don't know, this could still work out for you. Just go in with the attitude of "I'm just going out with a group of new people and maybe I'll meet someone cool" and you'll be fine.

Remember though, the LAST thing you want to do in this "non-date" is try to win her over. That battle is already (most likely) lost. But if she thinks you're cool enough to hang out with, she may help you with other girls.

What Girls Said 4

• she's probably just nervous to go with you alone so she invited a group to make it less awkward. I sometimes do this with a guy I like to let my girl friends kinda feel him out and see if he's boyfriend material. I also need my guy and my friends to get along so maybe she's making sure of that too. the good thing about a group bigger than 3 though is that you can ask her to go for a walk or something to split off from everybody so that you are able to be alone with her and she won't feel that obligated to stay with the group if there's at least two people to keep each other company, so they don't feel ditched. I'm pretty sure she likes you, but if you want to bring a wing man, go right ahead. he'll make it less awkward if it truly is a rejection. good luck either way though! :)

• Sure you should go. Why not? Sometimes girls make it a group thing when they are unsure about the guy. Not a bad thing though. It's a safety measure. When your there tho scope her out and pay special attention to her and see how she does. If she is not paying special attention to you then make it an early night and leave. It works for you too. If she does then u've got it made. turn it to your advantage. but be sur not don't flirt with anyone else! That is not something girls take too kindly to regardless.

• no

• well you can show up and be like whatever I'm fine with it or it might make it weird if you were not to show...or you can just ask some other chick out and tell her you got something else to do that day. But who knows, it might no be rejection - maybe she feels awkward around you or nervous or she doesn't feel she can be alone with you just yet. but I think you should just find a new date or bring your date along with the group.

What Guys Said 5

• Either she's not quite comfortable enough to be alone with you or she doesn't like you. I might go on ONE group outing, but if that didn't turn into plans for a real date by the end of the deal, I'd be done with it.

• do you have any friends who are hotter than her ? if you got like two of them just ask them to come with you looking their best. I will send you an email with my high five if you succeed

• that really isn't a good idea. in fact, she'll be quite unimpressed with him if he shows up with one or two other girls prettier than her.

• hmm right so he should go on his on own with a bunch of her friends whom he doesn't know ?

• I guess I'll give you an entirely different answer since my first answer wasn't to your satisfaction.

F*** no.

• Go check it out. Don't assume rejection just cause it's a group thing.

• Play along and ask her if you can bring your friends along. Invite a bunch of your female friends to the group thing and watch the action unfold. The prettier the better, goodluck.