How should I dress for my boyfriend's prom?

I'm in college, he's still in high school, year younger than myself. Would it be appropriate to go and get an actual "prom" dress, or just wear a nice dress I have here at home? Something similar to this one:

link

Most Helpful Guy

• Stick with the dress.

What Guys Said 4

• You should do it for his family. I'm sure they would be very happy to see him and his prom date all dressed up for the occasion.

• Go for the dress in the picture: if you have the bust for it you'll blow all the high school boys' minds.

heads will explode everywhere.

p.s. watch your step.

• Are you the skinny girl in the picture or not . . .

• Umm if he is in high school and you really like him.. Go ahead and impress him without spending a lot of your hard earned cash. Find a happy median :)

What Girls Said 2

• That's cute. Whatever suits you better and as long you're comfortable wearing it through out the day.

• I read that three times and the first two times I thought you said "porn" not "prom"

*feels she might be spending too much time in the Sexuality section of this board :\

;D

tough question, I don't personally think that dress is prom enough for a prom. I get your problem though you want to look like you are not a student, but imo that dress would be more appropriate if it was floor length. Something like that(not too frufru) but floor length would be my suggestion