Why won't she let me pick her up on a date?

si,

I might just be paranoid but, why won't she let me pick her up for our second date?

I phoned her on Monday to chat and arrange a movie date which ended up being tomorrow evening. I proposed to pick her up but she asked if we could meet there.

She seems really relaxed around me and laughs without end when I joke with and tease her.

Why would she rather meet me there when it is so much more convenient for me to pick her up? Does she perhaps see me as a friend only and try to avoid me possibly wanting to visit her after the date?

OK, so here's what happened.

At the end of the date she mentioned to me that she was not ready for dating as she has various issues she has been dealing with. She said that she was so sorry for that, after which I mentioned that she does not have to apologize to me. Strangely though, it was not nearly as dramatic as it may sound.

This is the first time a girl was so straight with me - I am actually so glad to know the facts and not wonder for weeks.

Anyway we parted ways thereafter.

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe she lives with parents/someone she doesn't want you to meet yet

Maybe she is not the kinda girl who gets into strangers/other peoples cars often (crazy but hey my parents didn't let me til I was 20!)

Maybe she wants to drive herself to make sure she's safer/more comfortable.

All you need to focus on is that she's going on the date and shows up!

• Good point. Why worry about the nitty gritty stuff when the more important things are in place

• yup! :)

What Girls Said 2

• I like to drive myself to meet a guy if it's a first date, just so I have control over the whole situation. If I end up not liking the guy, date goes bad, etc, I can just leave.

• Hi, I agree that it is for the best to meet at the dating venue on the first date for many reasons.

• Glad you agree! :)

• did you take her to the first date?

• Hi, no I didn't. I thought it would be too soon for a first date.

She lives about an hour away from me though. Perhaps she thought it might te too much trouble for me to pick her up as well.

• that too, but some girl have that thing where if something happens they can leave on their own ad not have to worry about it being weird, so give time... :)

• thanks for the commens. it seems reasonable that a girl could feel that way and I will give it time

What Guys Said 1

• It is quite possible that she'd rather you were just friends, but maybe she's got a family that like to meet new-people in life and she want's to avoid this - you could try asking her outright, and if she doesn't want to talk about it, you'll need to be patient and just wait. It could be that her family are really into chatting to her friends and maybe she doesn't want the evening to be spoilt because you're both late for the movie. It's early days, don't be so worried.

• Thanks man. The second date usually turns out to be the make or break date for me.

Only time will tell...