Girls do any of you hate texting?

I like this girl and I will text her every once and a while, but 3/5 of the time she doesn't respond, 1/5 she will respond with just a yes or a no, and the last 1/5 she will actually respond and have a full sentence reply. I'm just wondering if she just doesn't want to te text me of if maybe she just doesn't like to text. How do I tell the difference. My friend was telling me that some girls just don't like texting and it can be a little annoying. So I'm just wanting to know how I can tell if it's just that she doesn't want to talk to me or if she just doesn't enjoy it. And I was also wondering if I should ask her if it's me or that she just doesn't like texting, what do you think?

Yesterday I was at work and she called and asked me a question, when she could have just texted me the question. Does this help at all, I didn't realize what she was talking about at first and she laughed at me, I think she thought I was being funny but it seriously took me a minute to think what she was talking about. Since she took the time to call me instead of texting me does that show any preference on her part or anything?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't even have a cell phone, because I don't have enough people in my life who I really need to call or text. But I do actually find texting extremely annoying and wouldn't want it even if I had a phone. Of course, there are those emergency situations when it might be easier to send a quick text, which is fine, but overall I don't like it.

What Girls Said 8

• I have always been funny about text and now I've grown to absolutely hate it. I don't want to feel like I'm on call when I'm off and some get in their feelings if you don't reoly fast enough. To alleviate it, I tell anyone upfront I am not a texter. Some try to challenge me by texting me at all hours anyways.

I find that nothing kills any potential if I tell a guy only to have him do it anyways, but it lets me know he's selfish and needy. I recently met a guy and upon talking one evening, at the end of the conversation I said good night and I was going to bed at it was close to 10pm on a weeknight and I'm an early riser. He texted thereafter and continued to text until almost midnight. The last message was "ok, I guess you are asleep, good night".

Now I told him I was going to sleep at the end of the phone conversation. He's a night owl and just because someone else is up, it's completely rude and disruptive of them to assume it's okay to be so completely selfish and rude.

I opted to let that be water under the bridge and gice another go of things. It's the holidays, he has kids from a previous marriage, so we don't get to see one another, but it's no big deal to me. I'm not looking to rush into anything and I've expressed that. I get my prewarning to my period coming soon - bad cramps, head aches, feeling letharigic and slight moodiness. I tell him that I'm not feeling well and am having womanly woes. He says he understands.

He continues to text, in which I was only sharing that with him so he'd understand that i wanted to rest. He continued to text, in which I got annoyed. There's more, but guys I'll share a few things so you'll have some understanding.

1. Some women don't like text and I'm one, there are a few of us that just don't.

2. Sometimes if she doesn't reply to every message, it could be due to #1 or that she does not want to feel like she's on call, being reaponsive all the time can get annoying and exhaisting. Everyone needs space and time to themselves, even you. It's okay to put the phone down and go on a break, read a book, do something else.

3. She's busy.

4. And please don't be the "wyd, hru, hellooooooo, what are you wearing, can I see" guy. It creeps us out and it really is annoying.

• I'll let you in on a secret... Girls are told that the more we ignore a guy the more they want us. So if we're interested in a guy, some of us keep texts few and far between in the beginning and keep them short. But if we're not interested in a guy, we also ignore them. So the only way to tell is to ask her out and see what she says.

• The short answer is:

If she likes you then she won't mind texting.

If she doesn't like you and is not interested, then she won't be in a hurry to text back if at all.

• I only hate it sometimes because I constantly have splits/cracks on my fingers. I'm a housekeeper and work very hard.

• She propually likes talking on the phone more than texting, that's how I feel too

• Nope, not at all. I know you WANT it to make a difference, but lets call a spade a spade--she's not interested.

• She's just being polite and not totally blowing you off. I love texting and make every effort to get back to a guy I like with far more than one word answers.

• i HATE texting, but if it's someone I'm interested in, I don't mind at all. however if it's just a friend, I tend to not answer as willingly. maybe she's not interested. or maybe she just hates texting even more than I do :) (hopefully since you like her and all)

What Guys Said 2

• dude I'm the same way you are. I really like texting girls I like haha. But I've learned that a lot of people, especially as they get older, just aren't into texting, girls included.

The girl I've been seeing on and off NEVER texts.Sometimes when she did it would take her 5 hours plus to respond. I used to worry about it at first, but then we'd go on dates and I could gauge her interest by how she behaved in person. Turns out there's almost no correlation.

So when it comes to texting girls, yes you tell how they feel about you a little bit, but its not worth over thinking. Just let texting be as it is and judge her real interest in person. Good luck!

• Call and ask her is she preferably talking on the phone over texting...then "read" her beyond her words. Then you'll know her true interest level.