Are you bothered by short girls dating tall guys, preferring them?

Ive noticed this online, guys complaining about short girls (like under 5'4) liking guys who are tall (like 5'11 and up).

I guess my question is how do you feel about this, when a short girl prefers tall guys? If this does annoy or upset you, why ?

And if you're a short girl you can talk about your height preferences or whatever.

I was randomly talking about this with one of my guy friends and he was annoyed by my preference to date tall men. My bfs on average are 6'0, some taller, some just slightly shorter (the shortest guy I've been with is 5'10). I didn't get too into it with him because I didn't really care and I was preoccupied with other thoughts but its interesting to me that he was annoyed by something so simple. he has preferences and I never express any issue with them. its weird but anyway he did comment that he doesn't see the need for someone as short as I am (im 5'3) to be hung up on height. I just replied saying there's little need in most preferences people have, but they still have them.

anyway, yeah. I'm just at 5'3''. I usually can't reach the higher shelves and all that stuff. I'm not into shorter guys usually. I think theyre nice people (sometimes, sometimes not) and I wouldn't say something rude in the process of turning them down, but I just really am attracted to tall men. I always have been. I don't see the problem in dating people to whom you are most attracted, physically as well as personality wise. also, its a numbers game. WAY more tall men hit on me than guys who are shorter by comparison. its kind of odd, but I'm not complaining.

thoughts! and how many shorter guys would date a tall girl ? I think its cute when tall girls are with shorter guys. opposites :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I like short girls. Most of them hover from 5'0 to 5-8ish. I haven't dated a girl my height, which is 5'11 by the way. My last ex said I was "short", she is 5'8 but there were probably other reasons behind that,such as anger and to get back at me :L *cat growl* fiesty. 5'4 is good enough id' say. I'd date a girl whose 4'11, but if it gets any shorter there will be problems lol. anything above my height is pushing it. I'm really not into tall girls,being a skinny guy as it is with a toned body, isn't exactly easy, a great dane weighs about as much as me at year 3. (145lbs- 2 lbs more than me!)

What Guys Said 7

• It is just plain biology speaking inside your female brain. Most women prefer men who are taller than them, as it makes the man look more dominant. For the record, I'm 6'1". Both of my long-term girlfriends were very tall, 6'2" and 5'11" respectively.

That being said, I've always been attracted to shorter girls, I just ended up going for the tall ones per chance. Being tall does have an advantage. I've noticed often times when flirting with a really short girl that hovers around five feet tall, they really get turned on by someone a full foot and change taller than them.

I'm not sure if shorter girls are more naturally submissive, but they just might be. They say that women who are taller than average generally have higher testosterone levels. Testosterone plays a factor in bone growth, so taller men (or men in general) might have a favoritism towards shorter girls, as they also know that shorter girls will tend to date more ranges of male height.

Despite dating two very tall girls, the girl I'm going after now is only 5'2", nearly a full foot shorter than I am. It might make some shorter guys mad, but I can't help it who I'm attracted to, plus shorter girls can date whomever they feel like dating, just as any other girl.

• Actually studies have shown that if you add steroids or hormones, increasing testosterone, during puberty it does the opposite and halts bone growth. If you've seen otherwise I'd like to know about it.

• You are correct. I am talking about pre-natal exposure to high-T levels, not through anabolic steriods. Sorry for not making that more clear in the first post. My mistake.

• Well I'm only 5'4'' - 5'5''ish and funnily enough I'm attracted to taller girls. All the girls who have been interested in me have all been taller than me. That's not to say I'm not attracted to girls who are shorter than me. The most beautiful girl I've seen was actually shorter than me in heels. I'm not going to say that I don't get concerned when I see girls shorter than me saying they only want to date guys that are like 6' and up, it's like us short guys have no chance at all when even the girls shorter than us want a guy who is much taller. And if you're a short guy who likes tall women that makes things worse lol. But I've learnt that:

1. Not all girls are the same. Different girls like different things.

2. Personality counts for a lot.

And I am happy with my personality. I do have some negative traits too. So I guess I'm counting on my personality to prove that not all short guys are screwed. In the process of doing that lol.

• As a taller guy, 5'11, I find it kinda odd that I am into short girls. Like 4'11-5'3 seems to be the range for girls I've crushed on lately.

• I'm not bothered by it really, I'd only want to date a girl who is attracted to me anyway

• I get mad at unrealistic expectations and girls basically saying, yeah everything is perfect about him but he's to short so I'm going to date someone else, he should eat some magic beans and fix his height he was born with.

• lol magic beans...well, I don't think its unrealistic to follow what you're attracted to. if weight is a huge issue with you, you probably wouldn't date a fat person who was perfect in every other way either, even if they were born with some condition that keeps them from being thin without medication. maybe you would, you're in the minority though. a lot of people have something physical that is a huge deal for them. don't be mad. be happy and find someone else. lots of girls don't mind actually! :)

• well that's good - at least you're not hypocritical in that respect.

• And you're telling him that if he didn't wanna date a fat person that would make him hypocritical? You do know you can change your weight without extreme, extensive surgery right? Just don't eat sweets and fried foods everyday, drink plenty of water / tea and you'll be fine. Yeah, there are people who are born big but besides Samoans they're not as common.

• I am 6'2", and I have almost always dated short girls. I never thought of it as something I did on purpose until I realized what I pattern I had.

Oddly, one of my good friends is a short, bald guy. He talked for years about the need to find a tall woman, but didn't have a first date until he was like 23. In his second real relationship, he married a girl five inches taller than him and 7 years younger.

I must admit that I am not attracted to women within a few inches of my height. I don't know why...

• Nah. Doesn't bother me one bit. Those midgets can date whoever they want.

What Girls Said 5

• I'm 5'3" and it doesn't bother me at all when short girls want tall guys. By all means, have them. Personally, I like shorter guys. 5'7 - 5'9 is ideal, but I have been on dates with guys who were 5'4-5'5 and it didn't bother me at all. Short guys ftw :D

• I'm 5'4". I prefer guys 5'9" and over. But it seems most guys I have dated were over 6'. Tallest being 6'4". Just coincidence

• I think they need to leave our tall men alone. That's kind of selfish because think about us girls who are 5'6+, we need taller guys. Yall dont. You could just get a 5'7 guy and he'd be tall to you. Taking tall guys is cutting out our options. Stop it. :(

• you could always date shorter guys

• I'm 5'6. I'm not sure if that counts as tall but I feel kind of tall lol

• Well, when you add 3" heels, that puts you at 5'9" a mere inch shorter than the average man in the U.S. If you want to feel perceptibly taller than him, you are going to need to date a guy at least six feet tall or taller. An inch won't cut it for most girls.

• I'm 5'2 1/2 & I have a standard for taller guys(can't be shorter than me) & a strong preference for tall guys

Yes, they're bothered by it and upset by it. They constantly see girls state their preference for tall guys and feel insulted and ignored. But there's more to it than height and they'd know that if they'd allow themselves to get over their height issue. Unless they plan on having knee surgery, then they shouldn't allow it to hinder their lives.

• knee surgery for height? they have that? lol that's crazy. and ouch! O.o

• I've heard of it...but it's rare and it's done in like, China--Asia--where being tall is prized I guess

• Yao Ming is a god

• I agree that some short girls need to stop being so selfish because there are a lot of really tall girls who could use tall guys.

• are you serious or just joking?

• Some tall guys mainly like short girls because they look frail and weak. Guys like feeling like they can be a protector. So don't be so cocky, it's not that your shortness just makes them weak in the knees, it's that you make them feel like they have the upper hand and your tininess makes them feel more manly. It's not YOU actually, it's your shortness confirming something deep within them in a way.

• I don't have a problem getting tall guys lol, I just have some friends who are realllly tall, one of them is taken anyway! but I think she's like 5'11 or 6ft D: I have another one who is so tall she won't even reveal her height to me even though we've been friends for YEARS. They could use tall guys