Would a guy bring another girl around to make me jealous?

I went on 2 dates with a guy I currently go to grad school with. He's been pretty good friends with me for the last year or so. While known for being a little flaky and seeing multiple girls at once (and thinking he's kinda sly about it when he's not), I went out with him regardless. After those 2 dates, we didn't go out again, and only tended to hang out in a group setting with our mutual friends--this was a sign for me to move on.

I've noticed that's what he does. He'll take a girl out once or twice, and then back off and stop putting effort in; but if the girl wants to hang, he won't turn her down. I think he just likes being wanted or the chase. There is a girl named Ashley from his work that LOVES him, and they hung out a few times but I remember last semester he then told her it was over and that he wasn't sexually attracted to her. but somehow she still "likes" him even now to this day... I think he's doing something to lead it on.

Anyway, I met a new guy over the weekend and went on a date with him. The grad school guy found out, but what do I care? He was being flaky anyway and it wasn't promising. So grad school guy, and a few of our mutual friends are all hanging out the day after my date, and he brings Ashley! I don't think that is a coincidence, considering he told me earlier that he has no feelings for her whatsoever, so that's kind of funny to me.

Was that a coincidence that he brought her and was treating her like they were dating right in front of me? Or is he just someone that constantly has to have someone pine over him?

What Guys Said 1

• You got it in one, he gets off on the attention he gets girls to give him, which is why he stops all effort after a few dates, and if the girl don't put the effort in, he moves on, but what this guy don't realize is, that's usually what girls do, and it usually works for them, but its not going to work for a guy, unless the girl is so desperate, so yeah, if he don't make the effort, then most girls will see through him and realize what a kn@b this guy is, and how immature he has become, so don't worry about this guy, because most of us enjoy letting a girl know we like them, and would never do anything to risk otherwise, but this guy thinks because he has a girl who is willing to fuss over him, he looks all that, but trust me, to a guy, he looks smaller than the a poof in water, so enjoy your life now its rid of him, because you will have the last laugh, good luck,x

What Girls Said 0